QLD State Sponsor - update - where are you now?

Taz2008

All being well with your visa applicaton, when are you hoping to move to Queensland?  

92 members have voted

1. 1. All being well with your visa applicaton, when are you hoping to move to Queensland?

• September 2009 or before
    • October 2009
    • November 2009
    • December 2009
    • January 2010
    • February 2010
    • March 2010
    • April 2010
    • May 2010
    • June 2010 or later

Hi Just to let you all know we have had further documents requested this morning. OH was a self employed joiner for a time so they have requested details of this as they say they need a current empoyer reference....... good news, although now i am worrying they may refuse it..

oh well you cant win sometimes can you.

looks like it will be within the 8-10 weeks stated.

cheryl xx

Looks like they are stalling to me, so they dont have to get them out in the timescale they first suggested. Perhaps I am wrong though and just being very cynical!:twitcy:

I am dissapointed now, as I am just waiting for them to get back to us now for further information. Typical! Did you get the request by email? Do you have to post the information to them or will they accept it scanned in and emailed?

At least you know they are looking at your documents now, well done and good luck hun! :hug: Tasha x

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Lyndhurst

Hi Tasha

they sent an email to us arrived this morning. i have emailed our agent as he has all the docs. from the vetassess application, so i will let you know what happens as he hasnt got back to me yet.

good luck with your application hun!! hope you dont get asked for further docs.

cheryl xx

Guest mattph

Hiya Tasha, that is the first i have heard of that. When i got my letter back from the Queensland Government to say i had been nomninated, it does say i can lodge my application online at www.gov.au/e_visa/general-skilled-migration.htm or by post! If they were not taking online applications, would'nt they have said only to post it?! When you sent yours off by e-mail, what did they say? Was it a quick reply to say you had to post it? I have not heard back and my money has not come off my card and if it has not come off by the weekend i will phone up on sunday night and speak to the ASPC! I am abit stressed not to have got a responce just to say they have got it!

Cheers

Matt

Hiya Tasha, that is the first i have heard of that. When you sent yours off by e-mail, what did they say? Was it a quick reply to say you had to post it? I have not heard back and my money has not come off my card and if it has not come off by the weekend i will phone up on sunday night and speak to the ASPC! I am abit stressed not to have got a responce just to say they have got it!

Cheers

Hi,

Presume its the 175 online you've done is it, not the State Sponsorship application (as you're mentioning payment)? If so, was the final stage where you had to enter your credit card details? I'm sure that as soon as I did this, I received the TRN reference straight away, along with a document checklist. I then received another confirmation about 18hrs later.

If this is the case, if I were you I would ring them as soon as possible. If you applied a few days back, I believe that you should have had a confirmation or reference number by now.

Mandy

Guest mattph

Hiya Mandy,

No it was 176 i have applyed for. Have been nominated by queensland government! Is the 175 and 176 application more or less the same? Im begining to worry now!!

Matt

Hiya Mandy,

No it was 176 i have applyed for. Have been nominated by queensland government! Is the 175 and 176 application more or less the same? Im begining to worry now!!

Matt

Aah, sorry. I'm sure you'll be ok. Maybe someone else can advise as I did ours the other way round. If State Sponsorships were being processed quicker, I'd have done it that way, but just wanted our General App in first, so at least we had a foot in the door. Hope someone can reassure you.

Mandy

Hiya Mandy,

Matt

I am a bit confused too Matt as to what you have actually done.

We are thinking that you have just applied for QLD state sponsorship as that is what this thread is all about, but it seems from your comments now that you have already applied and been accepted by QLD - is that the case?

And perhaps now you have added all your documents to the DIAC on line? Which is why a payment has been sent through, am I right?

If you can explain what you have actually done and who you have applied to we may be able to help you out a little more! I am a little confused.

If I am right and you have firstly applied to QLD for the 176 state sponsorship and they have come back to you and accepted you?.... then you have uploaded all your documents to the DIAC (who actually give you the visa and request medical and police checks) and payment had been made and now you are waiting to hear??? Is that right? Let us know...

Tasha :wub:

yea we got a request for other docs on tuesday ref fromcurrent employer and financial details so does this mean they are dealing with ours or will we be put to back of queue? we posted ours to agent and they forwarding on to them , good luck everyone hope not too long now

Guest mattph

Hiya Tasha

I first applyed to queensland for sponsorship and they came back to me to say i had been successful in gaining Queensland Government nomination for skilled sponsored visa 176! ( gr8 ) they said that the nomination was valid for lodgement with the DICA for 12 months from the date of approval ( which is 27/04/2009 ) and i can lodge my application online at that link or by post. I went on that link and filled out the application for General Skilled Migration visa 176! Filled it all out and at the end saved it and got my referance number, so i could go back ito it if needed and then put in my card details for payment! Printed off the for which i sabout 12 pages long! Does this sound right? Doing my head in now!!

Cheers

Hiya Tasha

I first applyed to queensland for sponsorship and they came back to me to say i had been successful in gaining Queensland Government nomination for skilled sponsored visa 176! ( gr8 ) they said that the nomination was valid for lodgement with the DICA for 12 months from the date of approval ( which is 27/04/2009 ) and i can lodge my application online at that link or by post. I went on that link and filled out the application for General Skilled Migration visa 176! Filled it all out and at the end saved it and got my referance number, so i could go back ito it if needed and then put in my card details for payment! Printed off the for which i sabout 12 pages long! Does this sound right? Doing my head in now!!

Cheers

Hi Matt

We have done ours differently... and we have an agent who has done the uploading of documents to the DIAC. But we started off on the 175 visa and now are applying for QLD SS.

But I think what you have done sounds right. However, there are lots of documents I believe you have to scan on and send to them with the application. (my agent did this so not too sure what was needed) but things like passports and other paperwork to back up your application. You should be given a TRN number and then you can go onto the internet and check the progress of your file.

What sort of reference have they given you? Sounds like the TRN number? if so, you can check on line to see if they have taken payment and if they have not then perhaps you should contact them and see what they say? I would not worry though, at least you have the QLD SS and at least you have a reference number which means you are in their queue! Still its worth checking to make sure everything is ok otherwise you will be left wondering and wasting time when you could be getting the payment made again if it had not gone through!

The link below is where you can check your documents if you have the TRN number! You need the number of your passport as well to look at it.

https://www.ecom.immi.gov.au/inquiry/query/queryStatusResult.do?action=back

Good luck!

Tasha :wubclub:

yea we got a request for other docs on tuesday ref fromcurrent employer and financial details so does this mean they are dealing with ours or will we be put to back of queue? we posted ours to agent and they forwarding on to them , good luck everyone hope not too long now

That is strange:huh: as you have lodged yours after some of us and we have heard nothing (Yet)?!?! Perhaps that is what they are doing now though, is going through everyone asking for more information so they can delay giving out those state sponsors!!! But it certainly looks like someone has your file in hand... Good luck!

Tasha x

Guest mattph

Hiya,

No the only number i got was to save my application when i was filling it out online, so i could go back into it if needed! I have put this number into the online tracking bit and it does not work! only works on the saved applications online. Put this number in and it brings my application up, everything apart from the page to put your card details in! Think i am going to stay up tonight and phone Australia and ask someone at the DICA to see if they know anything about my application or if they were taking online applications! I will let you know what they say.

Cheers

Hiya,

No the only number i got was to save my application when i was filling it out online, so i could go back into it if needed! I have put this number into the online tracking bit and it does not work! only works on the saved applications online. Put this number in and it brings my application up, everything apart from the page to put your card details in! Think i am going to stay up tonight and phone Australia and ask someone at the DICA to see if they know anything about my application or if they were taking online applications! I will let you know what they say.

Cheers

They deff take online applications as thats what our agent did for us. But I would still ring them and find out whats happend and why payment has not been taken. Just to be safe. Have you uploaded any other documents to go with the application? I know our agent did and perhaps you could ask them about that while you are talking to them!

Good luck.

Tasha :wubclub: p.s I have changed your details now on the first page and you are not waiting for QLD you are waiting for the DIAC so have jumped to the top of the queue (you jammy bugga!) :laugh:

Hi Guys

Just read my emails and got this today...

Application for Queensland State Sponsorship - Mr

Our Reference: D*****/*****

Dear Mr

I refer to the application by your client for State/Territory Sponsorship under visa sub-class 176.

Further information is required in order to progress this application. Please provide details on the following:

• CV
  • Statement of service from the current employer: if the applicant has been self employed, it is required to submit supporting evidence for his business activities.

Please call or email should you need to discuss this request for additional information.

This information is required by close of business of 21 July 2009 (60 days). If the additional information is not received by this date it will be assumed that your client no longer wishes to continue with their application and it will be closed accordingly. Alternatively, if you are unable to provide this information in the specified timeframe an extension may be negotiated.

A copy of this email has been sent to your client reflecting Queensland Government practice.

Also had email from agent saying they had sent requested info today..

So looks like weve a little longer to wait yet...:arghh:

Guest mattph

Hi there,

They asked me that, CV and statement from my work. E-mailed them back and they got back to me in acouple of days to say i had been successful, so you will not be waiting that long.

Good luck

Matt.

Hi Guys

Dear Mr

I refer to the application by your client for State/Territory Sponsorship under visa sub-class 176.

Further information is required in order to progress this application. Please provide details on the following:

• CV

• Statement of service from the current employer: if the applicant has been self employed, it is required to submit supporting evidence for his business activities.

Please call or email should you need to discuss this request for additional information.

This information is required by close of business of 21 July 2009 (60 days). If the additional information is not received by this date it will be assumed that your client no longer wishes to continue with their application and it will be closed accordingly. Alternatively, if you are unable to provide this information in the specified timeframe an extension may be negotiated.

A copy of this email has been sent to your client reflecting Queensland Government practice.

So looks like weve a little longer to wait yet...

Why oh why!!!!:arghh:

I just knew something like this would happen... what a pain!

Although, we sent our cv with our application as it was requested... any reason why you did not send it with your application?

What sort of supporting evidence do they want do you reckon if self employed???

I am going to get ready and prepared for this! :rolleyes:

Tasha x

No idea why Tasha! Only just read emails within last hour.

All i know is i received this at 6.42am and at 10.46am had email from agent saying they had sent requested information..

But i thought our agent had sent this info already?? Gonna send em email and see what they say tomorrow..

Guest Lyndhurst
No idea why Tasha! Only just read emails within last hour.

All i know is i received this at 6.42am and at 10.46am had email from agent saying they had sent requested information..

But i thought our agent had sent this info already?? Gonna send em email and see what they say tomorrow..

we received our email a few hours before you, so it doesnt look like it is going day by day which is good news.... let us know if you hear anything :biggrin:

cheryl xx

Hi Guys

Dear Mr

• CV

So looks like weve a little longer to wait yet...:arghh:

yea that exactly what ours said good luck

That is strange:huh: as you have lodged yours after some of us and we have heard nothing (Yet)?!?! Perhaps that is what they are doing now though, is going through everyone asking for more information so they can delay giving out those state sponsors!!! But it certainly looks like someone has your file in hand... Good luck!

Tasha x

i no it is strange but maybe they dont need extra info from you? thanks and good luck

As you know, we only applied just over a week ago and had to send quite a lot of docs etc off with the SS application. Presumably they've changed that since quite a few of you applied. I knew that the evidence of funds was a new thing, but we had to send copy of skills assessment, CV, Qualifications, Employer statement, IELTS (if applicable) and evidence of funds.

Mandy

As you know, we only applied just over a week ago and had to send quite a lot of docs etc off with the SS application. Presumably they've changed that since quite a few of you applied. I knew that the evidence of funds was a new thing, but we had to send copy of skills assessment, CV, Qualifications, Employer statement, IELTS (if applicable) and evidence of funds.

Mandy

When we sent ours they just asked for CV and TRA letter, that was it!

Time will tell - they just like keeping us all on our toes i think! lol

Tasha :wubclub:

Hi Tasha

I've just received my confirmation, so could you please update me. Many thanks.

Name: mandymark

Posted application: 13/05/09 (by Interparcel -DHL)

Received ack from QLD: 22/05/09 by email

Actual date QLD recd application: 19/05/09

SS received: No, quoted 8-10wk processing time

Mandy x

Archived