QLD State Sponsor - update - where are you now?

Taz2008

All being well with your visa applicaton, when are you hoping to move to Queensland?  

92 members have voted

1. 1. All being well with your visa applicaton, when are you hoping to move to Queensland?

• September 2009 or before
    • October 2009
    • November 2009
    • December 2009
    • January 2010
    • February 2010
    • March 2010
    • April 2010
    • May 2010
    • June 2010 or later

OK OK OK I except defeat on this matter!!!

Consider it officially closed!! Hey at least as you say i've knocked another 3 days off my waiting time..

Now 7 weeks and 4 days since they received my application..

I am glad you see sense now...:biglaugh:

I reckon your letter is in the post on its way to you... I bet you will start your new job on Monday and by the end of the week you will be posting on here to say that you have yours too... WATCH THIS SPACE!!! :jiggy:

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Sandisonsonthemove
Good news!!!!!!!!

I received SS by Air Mail. I'm sooooooooooooooooooo happy and eased, can' describe it.

The letter is dated on 12th May.

It seems they really complete the applications in order of lodgement, so Yorkshireclan you should be the next after Lyndhurst! :jiggy:

Nini

Congratulations :notworthy:

Glad to see there is movement at last from Qld. Now I can wait and watch the rest of you get your SS and count down the weeks (unfortunately not days!) until we get processed.

Donna

I am glad you see sense now...:biglaugh:

I reckon your letter is in the post on its way to you... I bet you will start your new job on Monday and by the end of the week you will be posting on here to say that you have yours too... WATCH THIS SPACE!!!

Well i have just sobered up!!:biglaugh: Im bound to see sense now!!

Guest southerngent

congrats to nini,

but can you give us some feedback as follows:

did you provide just what was asked on the old form. or did you include any research and proof of funds ext..

Guest dobber

Dobber

Occupation General Electrician

e-mail ss application online nov 08

ss received 23 12 08

visa lodgement date 23 01 09

still waiting

Guest Nini

Thank you all for congratulations. Still jumping through the house. My cat is looking astonished like this: :wideeyed:

@ southerngent, we only provided skill assessment, job reference and a CV. Two weeks after we submitted the application we thought it might be a good idea to give some information about our reseach of QLD (a few guys had to hand it in and we don't want to have a delay because of additional claims), thus we sent it via eMail. Don't know if it was important for them.

Nini

Good news!!!!!!!!

I received SS by Air Mail. I'm sooooooooooooooooooo happy and eased, can' describe it.

The letter is dated on 12th May.

It seems they really complete the applications in order of lodgement, so Yorkshireclan you should be the next after Lyndhurst! :jiggy:

Nini

Congratulations, thats fab news :jiggy: Enjoy celebrating!

Thank you all for congratulations. Still jumping through the house. My cat is looking astonished like this: :wideeyed:

@ southerngent, we only provided skill assessment, job reference and a CV. Two weeks after we submitted the application we thought it might be a good idea to give some information about our reseach of QLD (a few guys had to hand it in and we don't want to have a delay because of additional claims), thus we sent it via eMail. Don't know if it was important for them.

Nini

Hi Nini

You mention you had to supply a job reference, is that for a job offer you have in Australia or an old reference from a previous job??? Have you done your medicals and police checks yet?

Glad you are still jumping around the house!!! LOL

Tasha :wubclub:

Guest Lyndhurst

congratulations Nini

i think we were a day behind you so will be waiting at the door on monday..... the post man may think we have bought a dog lol...

good luck to everyone ... hope we all hear soon.

we have had our mail redirected as we have moved into rented so it can take a further few days to reach us.

we are hoping the house will compleat on tues or wed and some mail has still been delivered to our old house..... would be just our luck for it to be delivered there the day we hand over the keys and still be worrying about the letter.. lol

cheryl xx

Dobber

Occupation General Electrician

e-mail ss application online nov 08

ss received 23 12 08

visa lodgement date 23 01 09

still waiting

Just added your details Dobber.

You have been waiting a while for you visa to be granted... How strange.

Have you done your medicals and police checks? Have you had any contact from the DIAC saying how long it is roughly taking once SS recd? I thought you should have a case officer within 10 days after QLD had submitted your State Sponsor details?

Good luck it comes through soon.

Tasha :wubclub:

congratulations Nini

i think we were a day behind you so will be waiting at the door on monday..... the post man may think we have bought a dog lol...

good luck to everyone ... hope we all hear soon.

we have had our mail redirected as we have moved into rented so it can take a further few days to reach us.

we are hoping the house will compleat on tues or wed and some mail has still been delivered to our old house..... would be just our luck for it to be delivered there the day we hand over the keys and still be worrying about the letter.. lol

cheryl xx

That is just typical Cheryl!!! You will have to tell the new people moving in how urgent the letter is and to let you know ASAP! :jiggy:

Tasha :wub:

Guest Lyndhurst
That is just typical Cheryl!!! You will have to tell the new people moving in how urgent the letter is and to let you know ASAP! :jiggy:

Tasha

i know... the only thing is they thought we were moving out to look for land to build, you hear that many horror storys about selling houses when you are moving to the other side of the world,, as when they now you have to sell they try to reduce price.

hoping a letter goes to our wonderful agent in Oz (Mr Lombard) as i know he will be straight on to it.:yes:

will keep you informed..

cheryl xx

Guest Nini

@Tasha: the job reference of my hubbys current job. They didn't require it but we although sent it, thought it would be helpful.

Yes, we already did medicals and police checks in January because of the introducing of the CSL. At that time we have been one of the lucky ones being on that magic list :)

Ok, I'm going to jump the next round.

@Tasha: the job reference of my hubbys current job. They didn't require it but we although sent it, thought it would be helpful.

Yes, we already did medicals and police checks in January because of the introducing of the CSL. At that time we have been one of the lucky ones being on that magic list :)

Ok, I'm going to jump the next round.

Great, that means we have sent the same info as you guys. Hope its enough and they dont come back for more info!

We were on the magic list for a short while too, but had not done our medicals or police checks at that point. As soon as we hear about the SS we will get ours done as quick as possible! Does it take long for them to do the medical and police checks? More waiting for us I suppose, and as we are in France is bound to be even more difficult! Typical!

Have a great celebration tonight! Just dont have too much of a hangover in the morning :laugh: Tasha x

Guest moving down under

Congratulations Nini!

Nice to see things are moving along now with QLD SS. It seemed like it had come to a bit of a halt for a while.

Great, that means we have sent the same info as you guys. Hope its enough and they dont come back for more info!

We were on the magic list for a short while too, but had not done our medicals or police checks at that point. As soon as we hear about the SS we will get ours done as quick as possible! Does it take long for them to do the medical and police checks? More waiting for us I suppose, and as we are in France is bound to be even more difficult! Typical!

Have a great celebration tonight! Just dont have too much of a hangover in the morning :laugh: Tasha x

Hi Tasha

Just to let you know the sort of timescale for pcc and meds..

We sent for our PCC'S 30/1/09, we got them on 17/2/09...

We did our medicals 18/2/09, sent them to HOC 26/2/09 and they were finalised 7/3/09..

Goodluck and lets hope we all get sorted with SS within the next couple of weeks!!

Hi Tasha

Just to let you know the sort of timescale for pcc and meds..

We sent for our PCC'S 30/1/09, we got them on 17/2/09...

We did our medicals 18/2/09, sent them to HOC 26/2/09 and they were finalised 7/3/09..

Goodluck and lets hope we all get sorted with SS within the next couple of weeks!!

Cheers for that. I just know ours is going to be so much more complicated...

We have to find a French doctor near us who will do our medicals I think the nearest place is about an hour away. And then for the Police checks we will have to get them done in England and France. Did it cost you much for the PC checks?

But then, I should have realised ours would be more difficult for living here in France, the whole process has been more expensive and a pain in the backside, getting everything translated and our inland revenue stuff being completely different to the UK. I can't wait for it all to be over with...:wub: I hate paperwork now... and to top it all of I now have our end of year accounts to get into the french authorities...:goofy:

The Pccs cost £35 each..

You may already know this but im just trying to help, look here..

France - Panel Doctors

Goodluck Tasha

Yes I did have this info somewhere, but you have saved me looking for the information! So thanks :notworthy:

Just reading it again though there are two numbers, one for the doctor at the medical clinic and the another number for the x rays to be done at the x-ray clinic (at a different place). Who do we make the appointment with first then? The doctor or the x-ray clinic?

I emailed my agent about 4 days ago asking him what I should be doing if anything about getting our medicals books, but guess what - no bloody answer! :arghh:

I will give him to next week and will be on his case I think! LOL

Cheers

Tasha

Well we rang the surgery to book the meds and they gave us the number to book the x-rays...

We had our medicals then nipped nextdoor for the x-rays, after we took the film to the surgery and went home...

We contacted them a week later and they said x-rays were fine and bloods come back ok..

Then i contacted DHL to pick all up and send to HOC..

Guest Dionne and Rickie

Wow you all have been busy ican tell the weather was rubbish today hello to everyone

BIG congratulations to Nini that is such good news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow you all have been busy ican tell the weather was rubbish today hello to everyone

BIG congratulations to Nini that is such good news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Dionne, yes the weather may have been rubbish but I think its more the news of Nini getting SS that has got this thread going again...:biglaugh: Great news hey!!! fingers crossed they are going to come flooding in now!

Tasha x

Guest Nini

Hey all,

information to DIAC has already occured yesterday (18th May), I got confirmation from QLD. So the next waiting-time has begun :huh: . Fingers crossed it will end soon, and fingers crossed there will be good news to you guys this week .

Tasha, thanks for updating :hug:

Nini

Guest moving down under

We just got an email from QLD requesting further information. Exactly 8 weeks to the day of them receiving our application. At least we know someone is now looking at it. Can't be long now......

Archived