Good Hairdressing Salons in Melbourne

Guest Mike&Fiona

Guest Mike&Fiona

Can anyone recommend a good hairdressing salon? I have been here since 1st March and the time has come to experience my first aussie haircut :unsure:. I had the same hairdresser back in Scotland for years so would appreciate any recommendations for good salons in the Melbourne. I live in Berwick but don't mind travelling into the city.

Thanks

Fiona

Guest The Pom Queen

Hi Fiona

When we first arrived I tried lots of different hairdressers and wasn't happy with any. I was recommended Hairmoves in Frankston and since then have never looked back, here is the website: hairdressing salon, frankston melbourne australia, hairmoves they don't get back to emails as they are usually so busy so give them a call. I think there is a PIO member who has set up a hairdressing business and I am sure she was in Berwick, can't remember who it was now, sorry.

Kate

Guest Mike&Fiona

thanks Kate, I will have a look at the website you have recommended. Far better going to a hairdresser that has been recommended rather than pot luck and pulling a name out of the phone book. Thanks again.

Guest gary12

I had been looking for ages for an intercoiffure hairdresser, I'd say you won't go far wrong with these. I couldn't find anyone local through intercoffure though so I went to a local one in Eltham, which thankfully I am happy with.

M2M, it may be worth mentioning next time you go they don't appear on the IC website (at least I couldn't see them).

Guest The Pom Queen
I had been looking for ages for an intercoiffure hairdresser, I'd say you won't go far wrong with these. I couldn't find anyone local through intercoffure though so I went to a local one in Eltham, which thankfully I am happy with.

M2M, it may be worth mentioning next time you go they don't appear on the IC website (at least I couldn't see them).

I have no idea what an intercoiffure hairdresser is lol:biglaugh: I know they have their certificates on the wall but it doesn't mean a thing to me. I will mention the website thing though when I am next in.

Thanks

Kate

Guest tjmckay
Can anyone recommend a good hairdressing salon? I have been here since 1st March and the time has come to experience my first aussie haircut :unsure:. I had the same hairdresser back in Scotland for years so would appreciate any recommendations for good salons in the Melbourne. I live in Berwick but don't mind travelling into the city.

Thanks

Fiona

My daughter moving to Berwick at end of year/new year and is from Edinburgh & is a qualified hairdressr for last 5 half years and is very good at her job, give me a shout if you dont find a good hairdresser. :laugh:

Guest gary12

Kate

It is a really high standard of not just hairdressing but how they run their business. I have afeeling there are less than 100 IC accredited salons in Oz, it basically means they are good at everything. Stick with them! My UK hairdresser was a member and would beat me with a stick if he knew I was not with one now... oh the shame!:biggrin:

regards

Michelle

Guest Wilco

I have had some bad experiences with hairdressers and feel really let down I had such a good hairdresser in the UK who I stayed with for years. And feel down hearted. Thanks for your suggestions I live in Cranbourne if anyone knows a good British hairdresser Please !!

Guest yorkshirlad

Hi Ladies

Don't panic the answer to your hair problems are now over!! My wife is a mobile hairdresser and good one aswell if i say so myself, seriously her clients love her and to top it all she trades as POM HAIR. We live in Frankston South but she has clients in Berwick, Mt Martha, Sandhurst, Patterson Lakes, Langwarrin ect ect. Drop her a line and tell where you are she is more than happy to help and4jac@gmail.com . Her name is Jackie.

Thanks all

Andy

Guest The Pom Queen
I have had some bad experiences with hairdressers and feel really let down I had such a good hairdresser in the UK who I stayed with for years. And feel down hearted. Thanks for your suggestions I live in Cranbourne if anyone knows a good British hairdresser Please !!

Hi Wilco

I have tried all the ones in Cranbourne and a couple in Narre Warren and not had much luck with them to be honest. If you have a car it would be worth trying Hairmoves.

Kate

Guest The Pom Queen
I used to go to Deen from Hairmoves for a long time when he was at another salon in Frankston and he is a good cutter.

Wow small world. He is great at colouring to.

Guest Andy Manicom

Hi,

I saw your thread on the site and decided to give hairmoves a try after a disaster in Berwick. It was well worth the drive and Deen was fantastic. Thanks! Oh this is Jayne here not Andy, he is still a fan of the good old number one.

Guest Mike&Fiona

After recommendations I tried Hairmoves also and thought they were great, will be going back again soon.

I THINK I LIVE TOO FAR AWAY FOR HER I LIVE IN DONCASTER EAST, I know its hard wen your used to one particular one i had mine for 20 years, we went to school together, I found a resonable one was quite happy for a firt colour and cut ALEX'S at Tunstall square near Donvale, but always happy for recomendations.Please feel free to pm me with any suggestions, cost me $150 dollors for a colour and a cut , paid about 65.00 back in the uk cheers Rikki

Guest The Pom Queen
Hi,

I saw your thread on the site and decided to give hairmoves a try after a disaster in Berwick. It was well worth the drive and Deen was fantastic. Thanks! Oh this is Jayne here not Andy, he is still a fan of the good old number one.

Glad to hear that you also like Hairmoves, Dean is great, every time I go there hubby says I am going to get my hair done with the Zohan:biglaugh:

Guest The Pom Queen
After recommendations I tried Hairmoves also and thought they were great, will be going back again soon.

Hi Fiona

Glad you had a good experience also.

Kate

• 7 years later...

Hi

I'm in Healesville and desperately need a hairdresser. My hairdresser in the UK said look around at women's hair there and when you see a cut you like ask the person where they got it cut. Only trouble is just about everyone I look at either has long straight hair or older ladies have a short cut? I don't see anyone that has their hair styled so struggling to find a hairdresser. Hair moves sounds good but thought maybe there must be other decent hairdressers a bit nearer here?

Thanks Karen

Hey Everyone

When I visit my son who lives in Berwick I have used a hairdresser's called Toma's, they are on the same street which leads down to the train station and opposite the Indian Takeaway (in the old court building)...Also I have used one in Eltham as this is where my friend lives, its the one near that book shop/café just at the back of an arcade..Hope this helps, can recommend both places :)

• 2 years later...
Guest casey Livingstone

I cant recommend Kiki Hair Extensions in South Yarra more!
Ive had my hair ruined and went into there and had it transformed in one sitting!

They are amazing with colour but i normally get extensions also :) The staff are always so nice to me and remember me 

18 minutes ago, casey Livingstone said:

I cant recommend Kiki Hair Extensions in South Yarra more!
Ive had my hair ruined and went into there and had it transformed in one sitting!

They are amazing with colour but i normally get extensions also ? The staff are always so nice to me and remember me 

Call me Mr.Suspicious, but when you sign up to the forum using the following email address: hello@kikihairextensions.com.au it does kind of start the alarm bells ringing ?

Maybe have a read through:

https://www.consumer.vic.gov.au/products-and-services/business-practices/advertising-and-promotions/false-or-misleading-representations

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• 2 months later...