309 visa apply in London - time frames?

Guest becandtarso

Guest becandtarso

My husband is Brazilian and I am Australian, we are just about to submit our 309 visa to Australia House. I was wondering if anyone can tell us, a) is it better to submit in person b) how long does it take to come back? How long have people waited? Any experiences would be useful! c) can you call the office to ask questions etc. once you have submitted the application? ANY OTHER ADVICE? FYI – we have submitted with evidence and the health checks, we are still waiting for the police check from Brazil but we have the police check from UK. :jimlad: Thanks so much Bec & Tarso

Guest Emcooper

when I emailed the DIAC last month, they quoted processing times as 3-4 months from visa lodgement. Although Im hoping if the application is straighforward and there is sufficient evidence etc it will take a lot less. Ive read many threads where some have taken only a few weeks, although this isnt necisarily the case for everyone. When do you plan on sending your application? We are sending ours in about a fornight or so.

Im not sure they like you to lodge it inperson, you need to post it as far as im aware but i could be wrong?

Once you have submitted the application, its my understanding you will get given a cse officer which Im sure will answer any questions or queries

Guest becandtarso

Thanks guys for your reply, the DIAC is Dept Immigration & Citizenship right? We have front loaded the meds and police check, but still waiting for the police check from Brazil. We intend to lodge on Wednesday. Hey - congratulations Emma & Steve - we have a little girl who is 7 months, hence the move back to Oz, we are looking forward to a back garden, even tho we will miss London so much!

I'm hoping our application doesn't take long as my job starts in Oz in June. Any one know good place for cheap flights? Thanks

Hi Bec, I submitted my application on the 17th of April by special delivery post. I tried to hand deliver it that day but got the times wrong - you can only hand deliver to the migration department between 9 and 11am!

It arrived by 1pm Monday and the payment was taken straight away. On Thursday my case officer contacted me asking for two more areas/pieces of evidence. I was surprised because my boyfriend and I have been together for over 6 years and I thought I had included loads of information! The application was front loaded including meds, police checks and a form 80 (?) just in case. I posted the extra information today.....the waiting is awful!

Guest becandtarso

Hi Pink, thanks for that, at lease you got contacted quite quickly. Its always easier when you have a point of contact. Im looking forward to finding out how it goes for you guys, well I hope!! What was teh further information they requested? Just so we can include it if need be. Thanks again. We are sending ours on Wed or Thurs. Bec

Hi Bec, the email from the case officer was quite generic and not specific to our application. the two statements they wanted more information about were 'proof that you have been in a genuine and continuing de facto relationship for the last 12 months' and evidence that my boyfriend is financially able to support me. It was funny becasue we had pages of evidence - photos, letters, stat decs, bills etc and we had sent my boyfriend's last two P60s including this year...we have now sent lots of bills addressed to us at home address, mortgage offer letters, gym membership letters and boyfriend's last 3 payslips and contract....hopefully that is now ok! I did wonder if my case officer had replied so quickly she hadn't had time to read my full application folder.....??

Guest becandtarso

Dear All,

We sent our application special delivery yesterday to arrive today, Im just about to check if they have taken payment (I think I will need to wait a bit!) we had the UK police check, still waiting on the Brazilian one, and the 2x stat decs from Aussie citizens, also the medicals were done, were really hoping that the visa comes thru in about 4 weeks. I will let you all know how long it takes. Does anyone have any news on their visa application? Pink?

Thanks, Bec

Dear All,

We sent our application special delivery yesterday to arrive today, Im just about to check if they have taken payment (I think I will need to wait a bit!) we had the UK police check, still waiting on the Brazilian one, and the 2x stat decs from Aussie citizens, also the medicals were done, were really hoping that the visa comes thru in about 4 weeks. I will let you all know how long it takes. Does anyone have any news on their visa application? Pink?

Thanks, Bec

I posted mine last Saturday special delivery. Payment was taken on Monday but I have not heard anything since then.

Application was front loaded with Stat Decs and lots of evidence. I'll keep you up to date.

Guest becandtarso

Bubba, got a quick question, we sent our application yesterday and I put cash in my credit card to pay for it in case it comes out today, then the damn bank says because I put the money in after 330pm it wont go in until 9pm tonight, banks are so annoying!! Does anyone have a number I can call the DIAC?? so that I can let them know that they will need to take it Monday rather than today!! Rebecca

Archived