converting 175 to 176

Guest m_sandeep78

Guest m_sandeep78

Hello,

Can anybody tell me if it's possible to convert subclass 175 to 176? I applied under subclass 175 in Dec'08 and realized later that I'm eligible for 176. Now I've applied for state sponsorship and awaiting for results which is likely to be positive. How will the while thing work after I get sponsorship letter? Thanks

Guest OgaPoga

Yes you can do it. We did it in March 09, after we got our State Sponsorship. It is absolutely for free as 175 and 176 is under the same visa subclass. So - for now, just sit and wait until you get State Sponsorship. Fingers crossed.

Guest chris_mac
Hello,

Can anybody tell me if it's possible to convert subclass 175 to 176? I applied under subclass 175 in Dec'08 and realized later that I'm eligible for 176. Now I've applied for state sponsorship and awaiting for results which is likely to be positive. How will the while thing work after I get sponsorship letter? Thanks

Hi Sandeep

Welcome to poms in oz

SC 175 and 176 are both in the same group, and is more or less the same visa so switchng is easy and doesnt cost anything.

Once you receive an offer of State Sponsorship the State will send Form 1100 direct to the ASPC. The State will also notify you of the offer. You will need to send Form 1022 to the ASPC, with a copy of the State's offer to you, requesting that DIAC proceed with an application for a State Sponsored 176 instead of a 175. Apart from completing Form 1022 there is no extra form-filling to do and DIAC do not charge anything for switching the application between the two subclasses.

Best wishs

Chris

Archived