How very strange!

kernow43

Think theres so little comment because it was just downright depressing to be honest.:sad:

Couple of pence on beer, petrol and smokes as usual, couple of quid more for pensioners, higher tax rate for those over £150K....all pretty standard stuff really.

Some seriously optimistic forecasts of the UK bouncing out of recession by the end of the year, -3% this year, +1% next year and then a whopping +3% the year after which only Broon an Co believe (the IMF are rolling around laughing in disbelief).

And then lots lots lots lots more government borrowing £700Bn in 3-4 years time which everyone knows is gonna have to be payed back sooner or later, and everyone knows the only way we will be paying it back is with exhorbitant taxes for the next forever and a day.

Wasnt a budget as such, more a depressing look ahead for the next 15 years or so no matter who gets in come the election.

Oh yeah, and the stimulus package was £2000 off the price of a new greener car that isnt available yet if you trade in a car over 10 years old.

Who has a car 10 years old and can even think of affording a new one even with a 2 grand discount????:biglaugh:

Guest Noodle

Yep I agree, pretty much the standard stuff. There is a slight change though, the rich won't be getting as rich and high earners will be taxed more. Makes a change from us normal folk having to pay for absolutely everything/everybody and cock ups!

Been a few years since I was back in teh Uk. Could anyone tell me how much it is for the bad stuff:-

20 Labut & Butler (Ex smoker me) but have great pleasure in knowing how much i've saved and a pint of Tennants - Prefer Glasgow Prices :-)

Been a few years since I was back in teh Uk. Could anyone tell me how much it is for the bad stuff:-

20 Labut & Butler (Ex smoker me) but have great pleasure in knowing how much i've saved and a pint of Tennants - Prefer Glasgow Prices :-)

Is that Tennants extra or the blue stuff in the can by your posts think youve had a 4 pack already mate:biglaugh:

Mally

ps mate went 500 kms south after sambo`s last weekend stalked a school up and down one take tween them then the commercials came and mopped up

20 Lambert and Butler about £5.25

claire

Guest Midlanders

Tim your looking at around £5.50 for twenty now

and for the other in oz, no one posted yesterday as we are yet again being screwed for working

£700 in extra tax this year each and by 2011 I think they said it would be £3k each person.. more like £5 k i think

Well seeing that we have more unemployed and more social security scroungers and one parent teenage mums plus the foreign crap to keep and which is increasing day in day out, I think the government have counted and based these figures on the people who was working prior to the recession and not based it on the additional numbers the state has now or will soon have to support through all the job losses, realisitically it soon wont be worth working.

Get us out of here asap

Archived