which visa????

Guest ellie sass

Guest ellie sass

hi everyone,

have to bear with me this is the first time i have posted a question,which visa would it best to apply for? my husband works in the oil industry and is based in Brazil at the moment,but we would very much like to live in australia but he doesnt really want to change his company at the moment,is it still possible to move out to oz but not actually work there? any information would be very useful

kind regards ellie

Depends on his occupation, skills and age. If he qualifies for a skilled Independent visa, then you could be granted a 5 year multiple re-entry visa as part of the Migrant visa. So apart from a short initial trip say in the first 9 months of getting the visa, would then have 4 to 5 years to actually migrate there properly. Is better to go out within 3 years of getting teh visa so there is still 2 years left on the re-entry facility as you need to stay there 2 years in any 5 year period, to qualify for another 5 year resident re-rentry visa. So going out there with 2 years left on the first re-entry visa means you can go in and out while building up the time.

The short answer is maybe - let me know hoe old he is, whether either of yo uhave relations in OZ and what his occupation is and what formal quals he has. Would go for you to as you may qualify if you have skilled experience - only one of you needs to qualify.

Regards

Tony Coates

MARN 0635896

Guest ellie sass

hi again,

he is 29 and a sub sea engineer in the oil industry,and yes he does qualifiy on the skill labour list,we have been told to apply for a skilled independent subclass 136,do you think this is what we should do?

Guest Too Tall

Hello tony

This is the husband that manages to complicate everything in Brazil

thanks for trying to answer this, i know its a bit of an odd one. i had been informed some time ago on here by the ever helpfull gill that if i applied for the 136 it would enable me to come and go from Australia to brazil on a monthly basis as i work 28 days on and 28 off. the priniple behind this visa sounds perfect my only concern is the fact the equipment I work with is so huge in dimension and cost that there isnt an institution in the world that can afford to keep it sitting idle and hence there are no formal courses to obtain any sort of recognised qualification everything is done onboard and on location while we are drilling so its more an indusrty recognised training scheme and the fact that you are in a supervisory position with experience is qualification enough for the oil companies. but will i still get the 136 on this ??????????????????

Many thanks Alex

Hi Alex

To be recognised as an Engineer without a degree, you would need to have some Engineering qualification e.g. HNC before they would allow you to go for a Competency demonstration application with the Engineers Australia.

Otherwise it will have to be sponsorship from an Australian employer which does not fit in with your plans at the moment.

Send me your c.v. and I'll have a quick squizz tonycoates (at) eircom.net

Regards

Tony Coates

MARN 0635896

Archived