Over 2 months since medical

Guest ed champ

Guest ed champ

Hi just getting bit worried, had medicals Jan 23rd and still not heard anything. Everyone seems to be getting their visa after 4-6 weeks. Whats wrong.

Guest ed champ

Yes our medicals were requested , we have had an email saying the medicals have been cleared from sydney but that was Feb 20th.

Well, we had our meds on 21st Feb. Sent our police checks away by email on 2nd March. We had our grant letter emailled to us on Monday (26ht March). I would give them a call if I was you. I have called them in the past because we had a blank email from them (it had got corrupted in the email system). It is quite hard to get through to them but when you do they are very helpful. I used to find that calling them around 6am UK time was the best bet.

Guest ed champ

Hi you mentioned your case officer being very helpful via Email. I have only ever heard from our case officer when he requested our medicals and PC'S 23rd december. Tried emailing him using his address but got automated message from immi saying they can only be contacted using the aspc email address. We have not had much success with replies apart from message saying medicals cleared and case officer will contact you shortly with a result on Feb 20th. Not heard anything since.

In December they announced that they no longer reply to individual emails. If you want to contact them you must either phone or fill out an online form on the DIMA site. If you fill out the form they will definately reply to you but this can take up to 2 months for them to even get round to looking at it. I had a reply to a query that was no longer relevant because I had assumed that they had not got it and so had phoned them to get it sorted. Really, if I had not phoned them I would never have found out what the problem was in my case and if they had not heard from me they would have closed my case (this is documented on their site). They say that when they send an email to you they make the assumption that it will arrive and so the onus is on you to do what they request within the timescale.

Archived