Calling all dads around Glen Iris, Melbourne.

Guest MartinandKaroline

Guest MartinandKaroline

I'm a builder from Hertfordshire with a six-month-old son and am looking for other dads to have a few beers and a game of pool with from time to time. Why should the mums have all the social life??

Most of the lads I work with are younger and I'm too old (37!!) to go out drinking all night with them, but not too old to be wearing slippers and drinking Horlicks...

If anyone wants to meet up or knows of any existing meet ups, please get in touch.

Cheers

martin

Hello mate, in a similar position, got a 7 month old boy and rent in Canterbury,East Melbourne. Will be up in the gold coast next two weeks on hols but I would be up for a few beers when we get back.

cheers, Jim

Hi guys,

Chop would love to come out to play with you. He deserves a few nights out & if you do arrange something that involves the ladies I would love to come too.

Social life indeed, playgroup & baby music ain't quite hittin' the spot.

Chop is a brickie so I am sure you can exchange work experiences over a beer & a game of pool. We are in Donvale so not too far from you.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Cheers Jaq

Guest gazza78

Hello mate

I have lived in melbourne for last 5 years now, i have a 18 month year old boy and im married and im 30 years old. i have no social life as it is hard when most of my mates are back in UK.

If youfancy a beer or game of pool or just chat about the premier league drop us an email.

This is like a bloody dating website lol

Oh yeah i live in Mulgrave not far from Glen Iris

Cheers

Gareth

Guest MartinandKaroline

Hello mate, sounds good, how about we all meet up late afternoon Saturday week, on the 16th?

Gareth, since you've been here longer than me can you recommend somewhere in between Glen Iris, Mulgrave and Donvale (Burwood?).

Jim, will you be around?

Velly, it's not the city but perhaps you can still make it.

I'll be wearing my SPURS shirt.

Guest gazza78

I can do but i am working till about 530 at Chadstone so i can come after. I will have a think about a good spot. I know there is good place a Rowville not sure if to far for you

PS i will be wearing Arsenal shirt, up the Gunners

• 2 weeks later...

Im back now, yes 16th is good for me, im house sitting for the in laws in burwood east so that area sounds good. the burvale pub(corner of burwood hghwy and springvale rd) has pool tables an sport on tv but i havent been there for a while, . sorry for late reply.cheers jim

Hi,

burvale hotel is good for Chop, he is working on Saturday till about 3.30pm. Do you have a planned meeting time?

He will not be wearing a football shirt as he is more of a high octane level sport follower.

cheers Jaq

Guest MartinandKaroline

Hello mate,

I forgot my son's got a swimming lesson tomorrow at 3 so we can make it after 5.30 if you want, or postpone it to another time? I'm assuming no one else is interested in joining us as I haven't had any replies...?

Hi, how about 5 in the Burvale Chop?Martin and Gareth just meet us in there when you re ready if you want.and anyone else who wants a beer. i wont be wearing a footie top as my team is a laughing stock at mo. I'll wear a blue jumper with yellow hoops.

Hi, Ive sent my mobile no to you Gareth via private message thing cos im not sure of the forums policy on numbers being given out, but if anyone else needs it just let us know. Its been a while since Ive been to the Burvale, just hope its not turned into a craphole!!! I'll be in there from 5 for beers.

cheers Jim

Hi guys,

I'll be arriving in Melbourne on the 29th May. My kids are Primary School age so please don't hold that against me.

We're staying out in Ferntree Gully which is a bit further out, but it doesn't look a million miles away from Glen Iris, or is it?

I'll be in touch once I get settled as I'll be choking for a beer or seven.

Alan

Guest MartinandKaroline

Hi,

I'm replying on behalf of Martin who's working this morning.

All sounds good. He'll try and get to the pub around 5.

Jaq I'll probably drop him off - you know what the police are like for doing random alcohol testing, it's probably not worth taking the risk.

Cheers

karoline

Guest gazza78

sorry i missed last night boys, hope it was a good augh, ill be there next time, i had issues at work didnt get out till nine.

Hi Guys,

I hope you all had a good time last night. Chop has been suitable broken for most of the day (ha ha no sympathy):biglaugh:

I'm sure he would love to come out & play again next time, if they'll let him back into the Burvale that it!! By the sounds of things he was "politely asked to leave"

Jaq

p.s. I hope he behaved.

Guest MartinandKaroline

Looks like I missed all the action! Good to meet up, we'll have to do it again soon.

Cheers

Martin

Archived