register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Guest daluchi

carpentry practical passed good on me lol

Guest daluchi

hello all im very happy and would like to say to all those who attended the 8th april date congrats to you all who passed. and a big thank you goes out to tallyho your great and wish you well ?

WOOHOO CONGRATULATIONS TONY :notworthy:

Well done - one big step closer, good feeling hey.

Kim x

Kim, George, Emily & Grace - 175 Visa submitted 11.08.08!!! 176 Visa Granted 06/12/10 - Fly 5 September 2011 :goofy:

Guest daluchi

yeah it is good im applying for my visa online now. do you know roughly how long that takes ?

Depends what visa you're applying for. If you're going for the 175 same as us then you're in for a long wait unfortunately :sad:

Kim, George, Emily & Grace - 175 Visa submitted 11.08.08!!! 176 Visa Granted 06/12/10 - Fly 5 September 2011 :goofy:

Guest daluchi

well looks like i am then lol leastt were all in the same boat well most of us anyway ?

Just have to keep positive and look at it now as plenty of time for saving and planning! We'll get there in the end thats the main thing. x:biggrin:

Guest daluchi

how long have you been waiting so far tally ?

We lodged online 11 August 08, carpenters now off the CSL list so its going to be a long wait.

Well done you

SA SS lodged 14.09.09.SA SS approved 11.11.09 176 lodged 22.12.09 RSMS lodged 06.08.10

Visa Apporved 01.01.11:shocked:

Hi. May I ask why both of you are not applying for state sponsorship to get a 176 visa? Carpenters are being sponsored on a few of the states' skilled lists. See for example this list from WA: http://www.migration.wa.gov.au/media/documents/WAOIDL_JANUARY_2009.pdf

The processing with a 176 visa, which gives permanent residency, will be a lot faster than the 175 (the timing of the processing of the latter is now unknown since the recent prioritising of processing with 176 being at the top of the list).

Sandra Maxfield LLB (Hons), BA

www.eurekamigration.com; Lawyer admitted in Victoria, Australia & New York, USA. MARN 1066311

hello all im very happy and would like to say to all those who attended the 8th april date congrats to you all who passed. and a big thank you goes out to tallyho your great and wish you well ?

congratulations ,

its a great feeling after a long wait my oh passed his practical he done his plumbing on the 7th, all the best heres to the next stage, :jiggy:

pete'n'tray

• Like 1

Guest daluchi

hi there to be honest im not in no rush, if i do go now whats to say i get a job in the recesion. i could end up spending all my dosh and may have to look at coming home. im single so i can wait for the time when theres a few more jobs going around ?

Hi. May I ask why both of you are not applying for state sponsorship to get a 176 visa? Carpenters are being sponsored on a few of the states' skilled lists. See for example this list from WA: http://www.migration.wa.gov.au/media/documents/WAOIDL_JANUARY_2009.pdf

The processing with a 176 visa, which gives permanent residency, will be a lot faster than the 175 (the timing of the processing of the latter is now unknown since the recent prioritising of processing with 176 being at the top of the list).

Guest teresa gale

hi when did you get your result?my oh took hes motot mechanic practical on the 8th and has still not heard??

Guest daluchi

hi there my case worker phoned me on wednesday and gave me the good news also i checked on vetessass website and i said successful. hope this helps and fingers crossed for your oh :)

hi when did you get your result?my oh took hes motot mechanic practical on the 8th and has still not heard??

Hi

Same as Tony really, we're in no immediate rush, with the way things are we have a family to support so don't want to put ourselves under any extra pressure. As long as the end result is a visa I can wait.

Kim x

Guest casapicalo

Hi there, I see you guys have recently taken you carpentry practical. I have just booked mine for the July test. Just wondered if you could let me know what you were tested on. I understand you have to make a saw stool and also do a roof. I was hoping to do some practising before the test. Any details on the saw stall that I could hot upon as I have never made one in my life. Also the roof, in previous posts guys have said in was at 30 degrees pitch. Is that on a sheet of ply 2440x1220 ? Also can you use ready recknor or roofing square? Any details would be much apprieciated!