Stuck with 2 Dogs

Guest anson aussies

Guest anson aussies

Hi,

Heres the deal,

Were going home early May and a mate of mine (well I thought he was) let me down 1 week b4 our furnitures being collected, he was also gonna put us up for a week until we leave so were in a bit of a sticky situation. The situation was he was gonna ship the dogs once their quarantine time was up.

Now weve called london and enquired about boarding there and its gonna cost loads and althought the dogs are family now and want to take them we cant afford £500 a month quarantine in England.

Boarding Kennels is equally as expensive here so not sure what to do next.

Ones a Moodle and the others a ****zu, both 1 year old and are best mates.

We live in Buddina Sunshine Coast just off Nicklin Way

They need a home till we get them back, all expences paid.

Any advise please

Chris

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest brooksey

Sorry i can't help. My wife would keep them once you'd gone lol. You might want to mention where you are.

Oh I have read your thread over and over again, but we have 2 cats and they probably all wouldnt get along together what a shame.

What are you guys going to do for the week that you need accommodation is your ex-friend still putting you up?

I don't even know many people here so can't even put the word out for you but I hope someone comes along soon.

Have you asked the rescue centres if you pay them a few dollars would they look after your dogs - such a shame

Your ok here the OH is a West Ham supporter:biglaugh:

Guest anson aussies

Hi Kdal,

Were thinking of asking them but not open till 9am.

Thing is we want them back as soon as their quarantine time is up.

Were gonna sort travel and transfers to England, just need a nice family to help out but reckon I got me hands tighed on this one.

Can only hope

Chris

Guest anson aussies

As for where were gonna stay, well sort something, not really thought too much about it but we have a tent lol.

Were only staying till they have their blood tests on 28th April otherwise wed leave next week.

Carbon copy of moving here from uk, house sale, furniture pick up bla bla bla.

Never get timing right

Ask the local vets too, as my Mum (in UK) had someone look after her dog for her when they went on holiday, it was a young family that couldnt have a dog full-time but looked after dogs when their owners went on holiday, Mum only had to supply the food.

Hey if you get stuck for somewhere to stay yourselves your welcome to stay here for the week before you take off, don't want to stay in the tent youll be washed away lol Although it is sunny today, we are in Sippy Downs not far from you

Guest anson aussies

thanks thats really kind of you.

we did that for the bloke and his girlie (who let me down) so its nice to know there are real genuine people out there and we dont even know you.

If we can off load these boys well be gone next week anyway.

Dogs blood tests aint till 28th april in nambour, would even pay for someone to do that for me

Thanks again m8

BTW if your old mans a Hammer where you from?

Im from Barking originally,Wife Romford

I can take the dogs for their blood test thats not a problem, just let me know ile pm you our details if you need me to.

Well I am a Chingford girl and the Oh is from Rainham in Essex, although we did move away to Wickford in Essex

Boy do I miss Romford shopping and Pie n Mash:biglaugh:

Guest anson aussies

my mates from Rainham called Scott Bale, hes a west ham fan

We lived Thorn Lane near the Jewish Cemetry on Upminster Road.

Whats the boozer called there the Saxon?

Most of romford markets gone now, the old rumford sheds gone but the teapots relocated.

Small world eh?

Cheers for the offer may take you up on it, just need to home them now for a few months

Anson Aussies

How much were the kennels? Jetpets kennels cost $22 per day so is that more or less tham you had been quoted?

We are going home end of Sept and not earlier because that is the earliest the dog could fly. Desperatley want to go earlier but then we would be in the same situation as you are in.

Have you tried looking into dogsitters. They may charge you less if its going to be for a few months. See what they say. I really hope you get sorted. I rent a house and am not supposed to have the dog inside (but she does come in as its only tiled floors) but i think another 2 dogs would be pushing it a bit!

All the best

Georgie

thanks thats really kind of you.

we did that for the bloke and his girlie (who let me down) so its nice to know there are real genuine people out there and we dont even know you.

If we can off load these boys well be gone next week anyway.

Dogs blood tests aint till 28th april in nambour, would even pay for someone to do that for me

Thanks again m8

BTW if your old mans a Hammer where you from?

Im from Barking originally,Wife Romford

i can vouch for kdal and crew a great family and house trained oops not sure about the hammer supporter:swoon: (luv you really darren) Hope you find somewhere for the dogs soon

Guest anson aussies
hi anson ... just a thought e mail karen at www.dogwalks.com she is the dog walking buisness for quarantine this end and deals with ladies all over, and deals with lots of doggie peeps she may know some one , all the very best you must be so upset ..

Cheers but the link you gave me is for San Francisco.

help

Guest anson aussies
Hi this is a service we can help with help if you get stuck, feel free to pm or e-mail me for infomation.

Cal x

Please pm me some info

price for 2 lapdoge 28th april/21st oct aprox

All jabs up to date inc rabies jabs and microchips

Hi,

I dont know if there is sufficient time, but have you looked into a PET Passport? Our dog maisy has one and it allows her to travel the world, and on return to the UK she doesnt have to sit in quarantine.

Just a thought, I think there is more info on the Defra website.

Jonathan

Archived