Prospective Marriage Visa - applied today

Guest kel0x

Guest Nadjez

AusSaus i was just thinking the same thing about our thread, i'm quite proud hehe weldone Kel and weldone to you ladies to hehe. yeah i think we all got pretty tricky bits and bobs

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Nadjez

same goes for what lou lou said would like to keep incontact with u all either here,and or on facebook, but i wouldn't like our thread to get neglectd who know there maybe others that join and feel our thread helps them :)

Guest AusSaus

Go the girls!

I'm happy to give you his details Lou Lou, he lectures on Immigration Law at Sydney Uni and got Solicitor of the year in some peer reviewed thing about immi solicitors. We checked out a few before settling on him. Very to the point and up to date, gave us quite a bit of advice before we gave him a cent. I've heard some real horror stories from friends who have paid out heaps of cash and got very little in return, basically putting their own apps together and then having to chase the solicitor up to get things going. It's a good little money earner for lazy bastards.

Guest AusSaus

And good point Nad, I found other threads frustrating in that sometimes people stopped posting when they got a result and you never found out what happened. I guess it's probably easy to lose interest when you get your partner back, but I will try to update till there is a decision.

Guest lou_lou

Thanks...those details will be appreciated. And I agree that this thread should live on. It's certainly the first I've come across talking about my own situation but I'm sure there are others out there like us :)

Guest kel0x

I don't bother with myspace or facebook anymore, I'll just keep in touch on here :). His medical went well, or at least nothing cropped up at the appointment anyway. We're in our 20s so I thought it'd go well anyway. My mum's husband only got a B rating for his so now they've had to send his off to Canberra to get processed. They sent his spouse visa application off in October and still haven't got a yes or no! Long hold ups all because of his knee. I'm guessing it'll be fine though, it was just because he had an operation a few months ago to fix an old rugby injury.

Guest stevieitfc

Hello Everybody!

Just stumbled across this website today, it's great!

I am in the process of gathering everything together for a Prospective Marriage Visa but I have a few questions I'd like to ask....

I met my fiancee 19 Jan 2006 when on a one year working visa, she is living with me in England now. The marriage is booked for 23 Jan 2010 and we have a celibrant booked and she has written a letter for us.

For the evidence side of things, is it possible to include a CD with photos on? We have loads of photos from different events and this would make things so much easier.

We don't have any joint accounts. She's was a student in Oz so didn't have much money anyway. We live with my mum and any expenses we have we are very casual with ie Kate will pay for the shopping and I'll pay for a night out. I'm not sure this argument holds much water though?!

Do I have to get an Australian Police Check for the year I spent there?

Is all the evidence returned, there are invitations etc that we would like to keep...

I'm sure I'll have a few more questions to ask but I think you for your time

Steve

Guest Nadjez

:biglaugh:Hi Steve

Welcome to PIO!

and a welcome to our prospective marriage visa thread!!

urm i'm not sure too much about photo cds, i think i read somewhere that u cud or was i dreaming haha im not sure sorry but yeah you will have to check that one out.

urm yes you will need to get an ozzie police check for the year you spent in oz, as for evidence and financial situation, you be best to chat with Kel0x as she is in a simular situation she was a student . she is going through the process at t he mo, her partner may have to get AOS but read through this thread to see what's been happening and good luck

Guest lou_lou

hi Steve,

Nad is right in that you will need a police check for the 12 months here.

There is a great thread somewhere about how they like to receive applications....I'll find it from my favourites somewhere. No big folders or staples. Printing out a couple of pages of photos is fine rather than a cd.

I'm sure things are returned but if you have things that are special it might be better to provide scanned copies?

Well done on have something booked - better organised than us girls!!

Guest Nadjez

Does anyoone no for question 85 on the 47sp form. It asks 'have you ever been paid any benefits or recieved any social services from a government agency?

when i was on my second year holiday workijng visa or a bit before that i got a medicare card, and went to a proper medicare doctors i think it was a few times for urine infections, bad cough etc, had a blood test once i think, and just given few courses of antibiotics . does this count , do i still need to declare it although medicar does have an agreement with uk and oz i think. but do i need to pay back medical expenses i don't know how it works help !!! i've never had a bill am i suposed to find out . i can't remember if i had signed up with an adress of a hostel where i was first living , oh i duno just another panicky stress thing hehe

Guest kel0x

Hey Steve

In my partner's application we just included a polaroid of us and then some photos on a cd. We don't have anything in both of our names like bills or anything because I've only recently moved in with him because I was at uni, so I just included on the cd some PDFs of my phone bills to show that we've always kept contact for the days that I wasn't with him, which was only ever about 3 days a week anyway. And the only evidence we sent about the wedding was a letter from the celebrant. And yeah it said that you need a police check for every country that you've lived in for 12 months or more.

We just sent what we could and then got an email 5 days later asking for a few more things (the medical, police check, evidence of my money/assets). It's all actually pretty simple, but I suppose as it's technically just a 9 month visa it doesn't need to be as full-on as the spouse visa, or that's what I'm guessing anyway. But good luck :)

Guest becandtarso

Can you please tell me how you paid for the visa? Can you use your debit card and fill in the details on the application form? This is for the London Office, thanks. Bec

Guest kel0x

Paying the london office was a pain because they don't accept personal cheques, and don't accept debit card payments by post so we had to pay by bankers draft.

Guest becandtarso

Thanks for your reply Kel. How did you find out what payments they accept? Do you know if they take credit card payments by post? Thanks very much.

Guest Nadjez

can you pay by postal order? tahts what it's called isnt it? also i think if you would like your things returned to you , you have to include a pre apid envelope etc etc and a request i think. also i would like to think they would send you things back cuz what about when we apply for our 2 year spousal temp we can still use oour medicals and police checks as it should be within a month? how does that work, or do they presume it would normally take 3 motnhs for application so dont bother giving back hmmmmm.

Guest mrsmynoraxis

we applied for our subclass 300 on 22/11/08 i think and it was granted 9/01/09 delayed over xmas and had to apply for my sons citizenship which held things up if we hadnt had to do this would have prob had decision within 4 weeks.

Guest becandtarso

Ah I like the sound of 4 weeks rather than the 4 months!! Thanks. Is that your son in the picture? Very cute!

Guest mrsmynoraxis
Ah I like the sound of 4 weeks rather than the 4 months!! Thanks. Is that your son in the picture? Very cute!

yes thats my little man.. not soo cute at 2 am tho lol.. i think as long as u have all they ask for its pretty straight forward and fairly quick.

gl x:cute:

Guest becandtarso

When does the case officer call you? Do they contact you by email or post or phone? Also, how do you pay? A few people have said different things. Did you send in your application or did you take it in person? Our little girl is 7 months and she's gorgeous, but a little night owl too!! Were hoping the visa comes through quicly so we can all travel together rather than me and the little girl then hubby to follow. We want to leave end of May. Thanks

Archived