Prospective Marriage Visa - applied today

Guest kel0x

Guest Nadjez

nooo the day after you got married, that is shocking!!!! hahaha sorry but it's just soo yeah. urm i'm the one in uk. Shane's in oz in perth, i met him when i was on my working hol visa , i even lived with him for 7 months before my visa ran out . so i feel it is already my home, as decorated it, bought furniture and car together, bought a goat and sheep and had 2 cats and a fish and he already had his dog. i have friends already who were either still travelling or since meeting them on working hol visas have emigrated over there, well stayed there hahaha. we have shanes friends really close to the neighbours, had a job working on a chicken farm round the corner. and to be honest my life is there already and that's what i find the hardest,i'm in uk mainly for my family and friends and for me of course as i hope to move to oz so wont see them very often, but i have been prolonging moving over for them and other situations have arisen. i also promised my family that i would stay in uk for a year (2008) and spend xmas with them as i had been away for 2 years. then it was my sis's 21st the other day, it's my mums and bros 18th and 50th in october so may have to fly back for that, then it's my dad's 50th next july, so even if i do still get over there soon, won't be able to save much as still flying to and from oz to uk, ahhhhrrr.

i really want to be with shane and continue doing what we were doing before and more, i'm 25 nearlly and would like to go to college to become a community welfare officer and eventually maybe an aborginal welfare officer. but before that i need to be working to save for fees as i'm not an ozzie resident. shane and i would like to get a place of our own, have kids, i don;t wana have them to late nor to early but i need to do the things that i and we want fist we wana godo more travelling et.c etc i went back for 2 and a half months in oct, went back for 5/6 weeks in feb .he came over last may for 2 and a half monthsthe list goes on hahah sorry i've just spilt my heart out oh well, just it's soo fustrating cuz im really torn between 2 lives, and to be honest i am not going to be settled until i am with shane., living with hin again, and married. ahhhrrr then i got subconcious pressure from my family and oh it's soo hard.

sorry you don't even need to say anything to that wwas just having a moment hahaha

haha i'm sorry but it does make me chuckle raiding you the day after you're wedding .:wacko:

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest lou_lou

The going and coming sounds familar...and hard. Those airport goodbyes are awful :( It's great that you have a good connection here and feel like it's home already, it sounds like you have a fantastic life together. It's hard to think about leaving your family isn't it. My partner is close to his family too and I know he will be gutted to leave them but we just can't not do this. We have to be together :) His family will miss him terribly but we will visit them as often as we can and stay in touch through Skype and other stuff. At the end of the day they see how happy we are and that makes them happy.

And the raid wasn't the worst thing that could have happened - it was just a surprise! makes you realise how seriously they take these visas doesn't it.

Guest Nadjez

yeah ur right they are only doing their job but it fustrates me when there are people out there who are just using people for visas and usually nothing is said.unless we aren't told about the people they do catch out.

ahr yeah ur patner will find it hard, like you said sype etc i suppose we are living in 2009 now haha, we bought a comp last time i was over, so have web cam and msn chat, which has been good for me 2 whilst been apart so i get to see him hehe.

but you are also right you just have to be together and unfortunately you can't keep everyone happy.

ahr it's been lovely talking to you, someelse who knows what you are going through, and of course someone who is going for the same visa as well, there isn't many people on here going for prospective marriage visa'a the moderators must be sick of me now haha been on here for a year trying to get answers and advice haha.completely obsessed haha:twitcy:

Guest lou_lou

I suppose I'm glad they take it seriously, it doesn't make it easier when you are in the middle of it and I'm pretty scared they will think I'm some sort of reverse mail order bride doing this twice but you can't choose who you fall in love with can you?? I've known my partner since I was little and feel really lucky to have found him again.

I wish he didn't have to move to Australia to be with me, I know he will find it hard to be apart from his family but I have a little boy here so we have to live here. But there are things to make it easier like skype and the flights keep getting cheaper and cheaper so we plan to go back once a year to see them and they will come and stay with us too.

Yeah, I've found this helpful too :) Most people on here are looking forward to a new life together so it's a bit different to be living life apart, waiting to be together and knowing it's going to be only one of you walking away from family etc.

Guest Nadjez

ahr you'll be alright and again your partner wouldn't be making that sacrifice to move over there to be with you and your boy if he really didn't want to or love you. As you say there are ways around it.that's lovely that you know him from since when u were little, yorkshire is it? that is lovely yeah you are lucky hehe.: )

Guest lou_lou

yeah I moved to Australia from Yorkshire when I was 11.....we went to school together before I left :) Where are you in the UK?

Guest lou_lou

ah...rather the other end then huh :) Are you going to front load your application? and will you do the form 80?

Guest Nadjez

i will do the form 80, and not sure at the moment about frontloading,i'm leaning more to saying no,only cuz it might save me some time someone reminded me as wel that bear in mind that meds and police checks last for a year so time it right and i can use them after 9 month visa. but either way i will loose 1 month of my visa surley cuz p[olice check 2 oz takes like a month whether i front load them or not. even if i do my medical before i still have to wait for ozzie check.

Guest lou_lou

The form 80 is quite the form isn't it! I suppose we are just desperate to be together again so I think we will fornt load and if we need to pay again cos we time it wrong then we'll live with that.

Guest Nadjez

haha yeah i was gona do that but it lso gives me a bit more time to earn and save money to take to ozzie yay, and spend bit more time with my family and friends, also shane is hopeing to come over for about 4 weeks if he gets a good payout from owrk, if not has to find a job as soon as he comes back fromwork experience from fishing as he was made redundant from last job.

hey i don't suppose you know about the uk police check there are 2 forms just one normal one then there is one which is simular but specific for applicants wishing to obtain immigration visa for australia e.tc

how long til your divorce comes through, yeah form 80 is quite eveil, they say it's to catch those out who aren't genuine, i'm dreading shane being called in for an interview without me, as he is hopeless with dates. he has adhd so of course his concentration isn't always there, and i think ihe has dyslexia a lil buit and maybe also slight utism but has never been diagnosed, so yeah he is hopeless with dates and rembering things haha. i've had to help him do his side of application as well as stressing with mine, and that mad personal statement, ahhrr i got like 10 pages so need to cut it down also help shane with his 2 as he got lots and hasn't put in deatils that he should, because he's not good with dates.

Guest lou_lou

I'm not going to be any help with forms or checks and stuff cos we aren't up to police checks yet.......sorry :( Here in Australia you have to wait a year before you can get divorced and then it takes another couple of months after that so it won't be until the second half of the year. Which is kind of a dumb rule since we are both in other relationships and are getting along fine and would just like to be divorced.

I don't think they ask things about the form 80 in the interview. i had an interview the first time and it wasn't a big deal really, it wasn't like a test to see if I could remember everything I'd put in the application.

Sounds like you are putting a lot of work into it all anyway so I'm sure you will be fine. I wonder how the other girls who applied this month are getting on.

Guest AusSaus

Ha ha Lou Lou, you must cop more flack off your friends than me, was the last one English too? How long were you guys married?

Our solicitor said to do the Form 80 regardless as they always ask, so we did. It's a painful one and I don't remember doing it back in 2000.

They've given us 49 days to get the rest of the info back to them. This can be extended if we can show that we've taken steps towards getting it done.

We've asked them to clarify if we need a current UK Police check as a friend told us that if you hadn't lived there for more than 12 months since you had one done you can use the old one (the one we have is 2006). I'd like to know how long they take in the UK, the Aussie one took nearly 4 weeks, even though it said 2 weeks on their website. I think I read somewhere here about someone getting a UK one in very quick time, I will try to find the post again.

Nad, I think most blokes are hopeless with dates and details, I know mine is. I'm sure as long as he has the general gist of it right you'll be ok. I'd rather do an interview than try to work out what to send them as 'proof we are getting married'.

Grrrrr

Guest lou_lou

Yeah the last husband was English too. We were married for eight years and have a child together so I suppose at least immigration won't think I'm doing this for the wrong reasons. My Mum teases me that I'm like a reverse mail order bride! :)

The last time I applied was in 2000 too and the form 80 is new. Can we organise the UK police check over the internet as my partner is coming back in a few weeks and will stay here on a tourist visa until we are ready to apply for this visa. Would be good to organise as much as we can from this end to minimise the lenght of time he will have to leave the country for while they process it.

Hmm, have they given you any more clues about this 'proof'? I'd rather sit another interview too!

Guest Nadjez

hi again ladies,

well yeah i think i would much rather go along to an interview as well, with all me stuff as well though to back me up hehe. that's tricky they given you any ideas for what else to provide,oooh have you rung and migration agents or companies for advise. some of them will help you, they can only help advise you so much before you would have to sign up and pay if u get my drift.

lou lou urm i could be wrong but i don't think you can go for a uk police check online, is it for you or your partner, i'm presuming ur parnter as you haven't lived in the uk since you were 11.apparantly it only takes 10 days for uk police check(if he does in in uk ) i think. :jiggy:

Guest lou_lou

Thanks Nadjez, I've looked up the police check and we can post it off from here. Ideally he'll land in the UK and hand in a fully complete application the very next day so we'll apply for the police check a week before he goes home again. I wish you could be in Australia to apply for this visa :(

Guest Nadjez

that's good to hear, yeah he will be sorted when he gets back, and that will be alovely feeling knowing that all he has 2 do is look through his post when he arrives getthe police check and send off 4 application.:wink:

Guest kel0x

My fiance's having his medical today, chest x-ray next week, and sending off for the police certificate tomorrow. Been having trouble trying to find someone to sign his photo for it, but he's going to his old dentist and hopefully they will do it. Sent everything else last week (proof of my (lack of) money, and his form 80 for character assessment). Haven't heard back about the receipt of those yet. I'll post up here when we inevitably get asked for an AOS and let you know how it goes. He hasn't been asked to interview yet, but maybe that happens after everything else. Not sure if I said already but the wedding was originally arranged for April next year but now we've had to move it forward to October so that we have plenty time afterwards to sort out his spouse visa. We just weren't expecting the prospective marriage one to get processed so quickly. Oh and the only evidence we gave was a confirmation letter from the registry office and they haven't asked for any more evidence than that. We were only given 28 days to get everything done, we've got 21 left now. My mum's husband was given 40-something days to do theirs, but perhaps that was because it was a spouse visa.

Guest kel0x

Oh and the cost of all this medical/police stuff isn't too nice. £160 for the medical, £80 for the chest x-ray and about £70 for the police certificate because we're doing the 3 day option instead of the 2 week one (which costs £35). So about £310 in total. I was thinking it'd be about £200 altogether but never mind :)

Guest Nadjez

what so you didn't have to provide anymore eveidence for wedding?that's good, wheres ur partner having medicals etc, and are they costly? so you handed in ur application and assigned a case officer then gave yous to gt everything else to them?

Guest AusSaus

This is the best thread I've seen on here for prospective marriage, good one Kel. I will PM you all for facebook. Good to know about the quick police check option. I think the medicals vary in cost depending where you are, my fiance told me 100 pounds, he is in Bournemouth.

Hope you don't mind me saying so Kel, but Kel's situation is pretty straightforward compared to mine and LouLou's, probably yours too Nad. We are serial reverse mail order brides, and my partner has a 3 year exclusion to Australia because of too many Bridging E visas. We have a solicitor, but he only charges per phone call or email instead of the 'give us $5000 up front and we will press the send button for you' that seems to be the standard. I will forward the email we received to him to check that my approach is correct and let you all know what he says.

Guest lou_lou

Kelly thats great that things are moving ahead for you, I'm sure you must be excited....if a little poorer!

I'd like to keep in contact with you all, on here or on fb. This has been the best thread about this visa and it's nice to give each other some support on here. We all need it, even the 'easy' cases mean some sort of seperation and pressure on the relationship....never mind us reverse mail order brides!

And I'd like some more details about your solicitor too, would be nice to have someone just check over everything :)

Archived