Look out, the Welsh are here!!!

velly

G'day all

I have been watching this forum for ages and finally thought i would join in.

My name is Gareth (velly) and am married to Ceri, we have been here in Melbourne since Aug 31 2007. I work for Ford the Boardmedows ceri work for boost juice in the city. we are currently on a 457 visa but just got Vic State sponsorship this week :yes:

I have all my other paper work done apart from medicals.

But also my agent (i am a contractor) said they will also sponsor me so I am holding out for that one at the moment, if they keep on dragging there heals i will go ahead with the state one.

We are currently living in Thornbury (3071) and loving here. We are a short trip from the CBD but tram or bus and i am a short trip from work too.

So this is a quick note to say hi :jimlad:

Velly

sorry, i forgot to say...i am from Newport, ceri is from abercynon

so i am a city lad and she is a valley girl.

i also run a VW watercooled club in melbourne....but my car is still in south wales lol

looking to ship her over sometime this year (BTW its a mk1 Golf GTI convertible)

Guest dazla
Hi Velly, I'm from Newport aswell, been in Brisbane for 7 months now

Best of luck

Wendy

Hi Both

I'm from Blackwood, used to work at the Patent Office in newport, I'm in Sydney, been here for 3 months

Daz

Guest Mikekat

Hi, we'd been living in Pontypridd, and Mike had previously lived in Newport for years. Been in Recliffe for few months on a 457, and plan to go for PR ASAP.

Loving life and only miss Wales a tiny bit.

Kat and Mike:cute:

Archived