WA funds query

Guest cluedo

Guest cluedo

Just wondered if anyone can clarify this for me please. We are wanting to apply for WA state sponsorship but I have been told that I will need to provide $25000 for my hubby and $5000 each for myself and kids.

The problem is Ive also read on here that others havent stated that specific amount and also do I need to prove what I am taking? We have only just started saving and havent got anything near that amount yet :frown:

Any help/advice would be most welcome.

Shelly

Hi Shelly

We have just been granted State Sponsorship from WA. When you fill the application in it will ask you how much money you think you will need to be able to resettle there. It asks you what research you have done on the area and how you have figured out the amount you will need to set up. It also asks you how much money you intend taking over with you. The amount we take will all depend on how much we get on the sale of our house so I made a best guess and put that amount on the form. I put 90,000AUD

When we got the letter to say we have been granted State Sponsorship it said it was on the basis that we intend to take 90,000AUD. They have not asked for any proof and have not indicated that we will need to provide proof in the future.

I think they are more interested in how much research you have done. They want to make sure you are not going into this blind.

Hope this helps.

Mandy

Guest cluedo

Hi Mandy

Thanks for youre advice. What sort off stuff do you put on the application? I was under the impression I need to list websites etc that I have researched and a budget, also the areas Im interested in living and why, amI on the right track?

You also said you dont need any proof off how much youre taking but is it part off youre visa requirement and will they ask for it at a later date? Sorry to bombard you with loads off questions I just want to make sure I get it right :)

Hi Mandy

Thanks for youre advice. What sort off stuff do you put on the application? I was under the impression I need to list websites etc that I have researched and a budget, also the areas Im interested in living and why, amI on the right track?

You also said you dont need any proof off how much youre taking but is it part off youre visa requirement and will they ask for it at a later date? Sorry to bombard you with loads off questions I just want to make sure I get it right :)

Hi Shelly

To be honest I can't remember exactly what I put. It was an awful form in the fact that I couldn't save it and I couldn't print it off. I did keep things brief though. In the bit that asked about what research I'd done I explained that I had friends already living there who have helped me. I said I had also researched school league tables, crime statistics, job opportunities etc.

In the bit about resettlement I imagined being out of work for 2 months and living in a rented house for that time. I listed estimated costs for rent, electric, gas, telephone, second hand car, car tax, fuel, driving license and weekly food bill (to cover 2 months).

You do also have to say why you want to live there. I said that we had family and friends in the area and they would assist us in settlement, particularly with childcare.

Each of these questions ask you to give your answer in less than 1000 words. My answers were only two or three sentences long.

I am not using a migration agent and i was really worried after I submitted it that I had kept it a bit brief, but it must have been acceptable.

With regards to proving your finances, the letter that I have received from WA gives no indication that you MUST take that amount with you. It says that they acknowledge that this is our intention.

The best thing to do is to go into the online form and just put gobbldygook in each answer just so that you can proceed to the next page but make a note of the questions it is asking. The site does not save the information you have entered unless you actually submit the form at the end. Once you have noted down all the questions you can prepare your answers in your own time....less pressure. If you are using an agent they should be able to give you a printed template of the form.

Let me know if you need anything else. I'm no expert but I'll try my best. :spinny:

Mandy

Guest cluedo

Hiya Mandy thanks for all your advice you are a star. Im glad you said you kept it brief I was thinking I was gonna have to write a novel. The info you have provided is perfect, I dont know why I worry so much :)

Shelly

Hiya Mandy thanks for all your advice you are a star. Im glad you said you kept it brief I was thinking I was gonna have to write a novel. The info you have provided is perfect, I dont know why I worry so much :)

Shelly

Im a worrier too, its in my nature & it drives me round the bend! :twitcy:

Thankyou from me too...Mandy! :cute:

Archived