Guest trevmayoz

Brit living in Malaysia applying for 175 visa

Guest trevmayoz

I am ready to apply for my 175 visa and wanted to hear from anyone in a similar position to me to see if they've run into any problems...

Background:

UK citizen (31 years old) applying for a 175 visa and on the CSL (Mechanical Engineering).

I am currently based in Malaysia, have been working here for the last 4 years and my fiancee is Malaysian (she will be de facto partner).

We have all the paperwork ready to go, IELTS is done for my fiancee and we are ok on points

The part I am concerned about is the fact that I am British and my girlfriend is Malaysian. I wonder if anyone else has been in a similar position and run into problems?

Also when do you have to submit bank statements etc to prove how much money you have? My finances are scattered all over with some in offshore accounts, some in Malaysian accounts and some in British accounts.

Thanks for your comments in advance.

Guest nora

Hi there,

If your occupation is in the skilled list and you hold a British passport you should have no problems. I arrived on the Working Holiday Visa and they didn't even check my bank accounts as I was British. I did print out a few statements just in case. As for your partner when I declared my girlfriend as de-facto on my sponsership application (visa E457) they didn't really ask much at all. I wouldn't worry about it it seems everyone can get de-facto out here. Many people we have spoken too are on partners visas through de-facto so I'm sure everything will be fine.

Good Luck!

Ed

check your PM's....have sent you a message

No Agent. TRA Applied for & Passed July 08. IELTS Passed July 08. Class 175 Application Lodged 6/8/08 (MODL & CSL) CO allocated 30/3/09, Visa grant 3/7/09

Guest trevmayoz

Thanks for the info people. RaT I sent you a PM. Check it when you get a chance. Tks

Guest waynet

It doesn't matter that you are British and your partner is Malaysian or whatever. Its the qualifications, points, etc that matter. I am British and my wife is Malaysian. We had no problems. My wife did IELTS and VETASSESS so that our app. got extra points. As for submitting bank accounts, some people are asked to submit and others are not. Like you we had accounts in a few places and were ready to submit but were not asked. One thing that can take a bit of time when applying from Malaysia is the Malaysian Police Check. Turnaround time seems to be a bit random. It is supposed to take 30 days, ours took 2 months, other people I know waited 3-4 months.

Catch ya next time you are in Jambu!