The All New CPV thread

sandch

Guest ancpar

Hi Gill

Many thanks for your prompt response,answers to your questions are , yes we do meet BOF requirements and our son does have PR status.

Have spoken to our son , who stated he will digest your reply and hopefully will contact Nigel in Sydney to clarify wether possible to apply ASAP, not to concerned about the 30th.June deadline, just wether we can get ball rolling.

Once again many thanks

with kindest regards

John

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest majortom57

Iv'e been in Adelaide for almost 3 years and my Mum is just starting out on the CPV path. My Mum is in her 70's and lives all alone in a flat in London, and has no family support there at all. And Im really worried about her.

I suggested to her that as soon as she sends her forms off she can go and live with my sister in Brighton, but she's worried that she may fail the CPV process. She meets all the criteria to gain a CPV. Her health aint too bad for a lady her age, bit of aches and pain etc,

Does anyone know if anyone fails the CPV ????

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi Tom

I have sent you a PM which might help.

Don't worry about Mum's meds. My mother was 85, is about 80% wheelchair bound after breaking her back in an accident some years ago, at the time she took 13 different drugs a day for routine aches, pains & ailments mainly all associated with her great age plus she has had high BP ever since I can remember. Despite all that she sailed through her CPV meds and I am sure your mother will too.

The oldest CPV holder I have heard of was a lady from Devon. She was 97 when her CPV was granted in July 2005.

So please tell your Mum from me that there is absolutely nothing to worry about!

Cheers

Gill

Guest Polegate

Has anyone heard whether the CPV numbers have been increased or decreased from July 1st 2009 by the Australian Government as it is usually announced in May?

David

Guest Polegate

Thanks Steve. Don't know how we came to miss that as we are always checking your tracker and Go Matilda website.

David

Guest missymon

Hi Steve, Last time I checked there were 7 people got their CPV's on your tracker and now there are only 4. how come please?

Monica :-)

Hi Steve, Last time I checked there were 7 people got their CPV's on your tracker and now there are only 4. how come please?

Monica :-)

Hi Monica

Well, the reason is that, a couple of months after grant, I "hide" the earlier visa grants, otherwise the list would become too long. Very well done for being so observant however!

Best wishes

Steve

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Steve,

Like me you are anxious to know that your application is in the queue. Our Agent submitted on the 2nd June and it was acknowledged on the 8th June and in that letter we were told that a case officer would be allocated but this would not happen yet as they were presently processing applications from Feb 2008. This we found was a little disappointing so instead of feeling happy we were a bit deflated. At least we know we are in the queue and it is by the sound of it on this site very much a waiting game.

It will help to read others comments and not to feel on your own.... best of luck and its nice to know that someone has just begun the process like us!

:spinny:

Guest missymon
Hi Steve,

Like me you are anxious to know that your application is in the queue. Our Agent submitted on the 2nd June and it was acknowledged on the 8th June and in that letter we were told that a case officer would be allocated but this would not happen yet as they were presently processing applications from Feb 2008. This we found was a little disappointing so instead of feeling happy we were a bit deflated. At least we know we are in the queue and it is by the sound of it on this site very much a waiting game.

It will help to read others comments and not to feel on your own.... best of luck and its nice to know that someone has just begun the process like us!

:spinny:

Hi BandC and Steve,

Our CPV application was acknowledged on 1/04/08 and are now eagerly anticipating getting our Case Officer, which should be any time within the next couple of months (we hope!) Yes it is a long wait but I know it is worth it in the end. We were told when we applied that it would take approximately 15 months from acknowledement to being allocated a CO. If you want to add yourself to the CPV Tracker Parents to Oz (which has the PIO CPVer's listed) that Sandch has put together you can get an idea of when you may get your CO. If you contact him I'm sure he will put you on the list. I check it every single day.

We were advised not to get our meds and police checks done too early as they are

only valid for 12 months. Hope this helps and I found the past 12 months have really flown so hang in there, all good things come to he who waits!

Monica:daydreaming:

Guest Polegate

Hi Missymom

I agree with you. Time is going fast but getting pretty bored at the same time. Can't think of anything nicer than being in Brisbane with our daughter and her family. We were acknowledged September '08.

Jackie

It was so good to hear from both Missymon and Polegate about the waiting game. I do believe time will go quickly but it is the "shall we sell the house sort out the business now or later decisions" that are driving us mad. Estate agents say there is not much on the market so it is a good time to sell but if we do, do we live in a tent whilst treading water? I feel like Polegate and want to be there now as both daughters and husbands are in Perth and we thank God everyday for Skype!

Guest Polegate

We won't be putting our bungalow on the market until nearer the time of our Visa hopefully being granted.

Where do you hope to settle BandC and Steve Taylor?

Jackie

Guest june coates

why not do what i did.throw caution to the wind and sell house,come over on 1yr. visitor visa and stay with family.when your visa is ready to be granted,you just need to go to bali or somewhere to be out of the country.why waste precious time away from family when you don't need to

Guest Polegate

Nice idea but not an option for us June. Tell me, how have you settled living in Australia? Have you been able to make friends?

Jackie

Guest june coates
Nice idea but not an option for us June. Tell me, how have you settled living in Australia? Have you been able to make friends?

Jackie

i love it and have settled in well.i miss my friends from england but have joined things and made the effort to make friends here.i think it's harder when you dont work,as most people meet and bond with work colleagues.will you be working when you come over?

june

Guest Polegate

Hi June

Pleased to hear you have settled so well. David and I are both retired so won't be working if we get our Visa. We have been very impressed with the Retirement Villages that we have looked at North of Brisbane where our daughter lives. We may buy a property in one of the Villages. Will have to see what is available at the time and at what price! Good way for us to make new friends.

Jackie

Hi Guys,

June I just love your way but at the moment there is such a lot to sort out as my husband is part of a small business as well as selling the house. But if it was sorted within months Chris & I will be doing the same! We will settle in Perth probably in the North where one of our daughters (our sponsor) lives as the other one is in the South on a 3 year contract to get their permanent visa and will move around Perth. If I had known the length of the process we would have begun it much earlier. People need to know that you don't have to wait 2 years after your sponsor is settled in Australia. It is the evidence of the "settled" that is the key. It is quite a stressful time between lodging the application and getting a CO which we weren't aware of and the queue estimate on the Govt website doesn't seem to work. Can anyone tell us how long the timescale between getting a Case Officer and your Sponsor interview at DIAC? Thanks

Guest june coates
Hi Guys,

June I just love your way but at the moment there is such a lot to sort out as my husband is part of a small business as well as selling the house. But if it was sorted within months Chris & I will be doing the same! We will settle in Perth probably in the North where one of our daughters (our sponsor) lives as the other one is in the South on a 3 year contract to get their permanent visa and will move around Perth. If I had known the length of the process we would have begun it much earlier. People need to know that you don't have to wait 2 years after your sponsor is settled in Australia. It is the evidence of the "settled" that is the key. It is quite a stressful time between lodging the application and getting a CO which we weren't aware of and the queue estimate on the Govt website doesn't seem to work. Can anyone tell us how long the timescale between getting a Case Officer and your Sponsor interview at DIAC? Thanks

sorry,can't help with time period between co and sponsor interview.i applied for and was granted cpv 173(tempory) last october.i have now applied for 143 which was acknowledged on 27/05/09 can anybody tell me how long they waited after doing the same as me

..... Can anyone tell us how long the timescale between getting a Case Officer and your Sponsor interview at DIAC? Thanks

Hi there: Are you referring to the Assurer interview with Centrelink for the Assurance of Support? This is something booked by the Assurer at Centrelink, once the CO has asked for it to be organised, and so it depends on getting / fitting in an appointment - as such it varies quite a lot. Our Assurer's interview for example was a few weeks after getting a CO because our Assurer needed to fit in the appointment with work commitments.

Hope this helps.

Steve

Archived