The All New CPV thread

sandch

Just to let everyone in this category know that there has been quite a lot of activity in the last few weeks, and today were were asked for the 2nd VAC (application acknowledged 7 November 2007). Things have moved quite quickly recently. Let us know how it's going out there!

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest JoanneHattersley

Good news. You should put your full timeline up so all other CPVers can keep an eye out!

Lets make this the new CPV Thread!

Guest JoanneHattersley

This is now the "all new CPV thread" and i have made is sticky so it will stay near the top of migration issues.

Anyone waiting on CPVs??? join the thread. Lets see where you are at.........................

Guest Gollywobbler
Just to let everyone in this category know that there has been quite a lot of activity in the last few weeks, and today were were asked for the 2nd VAC (application acknowledged 7 November 2007). Things have moved quite quickly recently. Let us know how it's going out there!

Hi Steve

Many thanks for the update. From the tracker it would seem that they still have a few CPVs available for the current program year, which is excellent. Fingers crossed that yours will be granted very soon.

Please let me know when you make the payment? I am interested to see how soon they will grant the visas once they have the money.

Cheers

Gill

Hi Steve

Many thanks for the update. From the tracker it would seem that they still have a few CPVs available for the current program year, which is excellent. Fingers crossed that yours will be granted very soon.

Please let me know when you make the payment? I am interested to see how soon they will grant the visas once they have the money.

Cheers

Gill

Will do Gill; we have to move part of it over to Oz first then organise the draft to go by post from Sydney to Perth, so I expect it will be with them in the week of 20 April. Our CO mentioned that they have 800 visas left this year, are struggling to fill them, and encourage all applicants who have been asked to get documents in.

That's a big change from last year.

All the best

Guest Gollywobbler
Will do Gill; we have to move part of it over to Oz first then organise the draft to go by post from Sydney to Perth, so I expect it will be with them in the week of 20 April. Our CO mentioned that they have 800 visas left this year, are struggling to fill them, and encourage all applicants who have been asked to get documents in.

That's a big change from last year.

All the best

Hi Steve

Very many thanks for the information.

They had 5,900 offshore CPVs available on 1st July 2008. If they are in the final quarter with 800 visas to spare then it seems to me that the POPC must be very short staffed?

It is excellent news for people still waiting, however. I will e-mail Claire & Don right away because their lodgement date is very close to yours. I'll ask for an update for the tracker.

Cheers

Gill

It could be a combination of factors Gill; the extreme conditions in the UK have forced house prices down, and also made property selling very difficult. I'm sure many people will have based their ability to fund this visa on releasing equity one way or another from their property, especially retirees (which we're not by the way). So I'm speculating that applicants are simply dropping out, and this has made planning difficult - something of a moving target - at POPC. Migration agents will have a better sense of this.

And yes Polegate - that's the current visa year 2008/9. I don't think the allocation for next year has been announced.

Cheers

Steve

Guest austibeach

It's good to see this new thread, as it makes it easier for me to navigate through all of the new developements in the world of CPV's. I can't quite remember but was it in May last year when they announced the allocation for this year ? I'm sure Gill or one of you will be able to tell me, but I just hope there isn't a reduction in numbers for the 2009/2010 year, as our plans are pretty much centred around being in next years intake.

I'm not sure how the queue calculator works on DIAC's website and would be grateful for some help in understanding it, as I have come up with rather strange results whenever I've attempted to use it.

Having been away from PIO for a little while, it's good to return and find that it appears to be back to it's old self, with a great deal of excellent information, coupled with a dash of good humour : let's hope it continues !

Eric.

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi Eric

The annual visa quotas are announced at the same time as the Budget is published each year. I think the Budget is due to be released on Tuesday 12th May 2009.

I'd be very surprised if the Minister alters the Parent & CPV quotas in either direction. I reckon he is fully occupied with the skilled stream for the time being.

The Queue Calculator doesn't work for CPV applicants. Originally the POPC expected to run out of CPVs around Christmas time. They said that once they had no more visas to grant during the 2008/9 Year then they would start giving waiting CPV applicants Queue Dates and would activate the Queue Calculator at the same time. However it seems that they may well be granting CPVs on 30th June 2009 judging from Steve's CO's input.

I think that Steve's tracker is still the most useful device for recording progress because I reckon that even though it is only a tiny sample it is probably a good representative sample which shows what is probably happening right across the board.

Query: who is going to run the tracker once Steve is busy with his arrangements for moving?

Cheers

Gill

I'll keep it gong for a while yet Gill - still have work commitments here and we'll be able to make the transition in an organised way over the next year or two. We have a very efficient CO by the way which helps the rather difficult process. First priority is to get out and remind our granddaughter who we are. Apart from the rather pixellated video chats, grateful though we are even for that, we last held her when she was 2 weeks old. It's her first birthday next month.

Cheers

Steve

Guest gill_58

Hi sandch.

many thanks for your post... give some hope that some good news may be closer than i imagined.

Apllied for my cpv feb 2008

lettter acknowledged 18th march 2008

have done meds to front load meds sent of march 9th

have just received my police check cert, got to send that off to my migration agent .

fingers crossed that will get a co some time soon.

gill m:hug:

Guest missymon
Hi sandch.

many thanks for your post... give some hope that some good news may be closer than i imagined.

Apllied for my cpv feb 2008

lettter acknowledged 18th march 2008

have done meds to front load meds sent of march 9th

have just received my police check cert, got to send that off to my migration agent .

fingers crossed that will get a co some time soon.

gill m:hug:

Hi Gill, Our application was acknowledged 1st April2008. We have just acepted an offer on our house (only £7,000 below asking price) do you think we should get our medicals done and apply for our police checks now then? If they have 800 visas left dare we hope we get ours this year sometime?? Should we be getting excited??

Monica

Guest JoanneHattersley

Monica, the waiting time at the moment is about 2 years for a CPV. To be very honest I would have put you in the next years batch (from July on wards) but hey, Im not the one in control! You never know! I would have thought that you`d get a CO pretty soon being 12 months since acknowledgement.

I would not get the Meds etc until you get a CO but thats just my opinion

GOod Luck

PS: CazBeckham on here has her CPV and posts occasionally. You can always PM her if you want as I know that she`ll be happy to help. (thats my mum!) I did her AOS so I am happy to help with any aspect of that

Monica, I'd agree with that - assume you'll be one of the 2009/10 batch, as we do know there were 000s in the pipeline at one stage; there are some threads on these forums and others from last September or thereabouts which I seem to remember indicated applicant numbers - I'll see if I can find one. I've seen nothing more tangible since then. We were very close at that time to getting in the 2008/9 allocation, and felt unlucky to have missed out, and now we're back to where we hoped we'd be. I think the November and maybe December 07 applicants would easily "mop up" the remaining 08/09 allocation, there were so many. You appreciate there's a hell of a lot of guesswork here!

Cheers

Steve

Guest missymon

Hi Steve,

Many thanks for that info. I guess we will just have to wait and see what happens. If predictions are correct we are at least half way there though we would love to have been in Australia by Christmas this year as our much loved son died suddenly in January this year and we really do not want to be here in UK this Christmas without him.

Monica x

OK as promised I found the old thread and you can find it here Go Matilda - Your Gateway to Australia - News. No update since - one would certainly be useful.

A couple of extracts:

As at 30 September 2008, 3190 CPVs had been granted and there were a further 9000 CPV applicants in the processing pipeline. These applicants are at various stages of processing, with some applicants queued and others not yet allocated to a case officer.

There are almost enough CPV applicants in the processing pipeline to fill the remaining places in the 2008-09 and the 2009-10 Migration Program years (assuming the government provides the same number of CPV places in 2009-10).

Where applicants have a offshore CPV application that was lodged with POPC during the period 1 October 2007 and 30 September 2008, then their application will be assessed and given a queue date as the first processing step. It is then highly likely that following further processing at a later date their visa will be granted during the 2009-10 Migration Program year (assuming all requirements are met for the grant of the visa).

This was at 1 October 2008. Things have changed because we lodged on 9 Nov 07 and we've been included in 2008/9. But it gives some idea of the volumes back then.

We'll be keeping our fingers crossed Monica that your processing goes smoothly and you can get out before the year end.

Cheers

Steve

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi Monica

The official line from the POPC in October 2008 was that anyone who applied for a CPV before the end of September 2008 should expect to wait for around 18 months. Anybody applying after 1st October 2008 should expect to wait two years.

In your shoes I would phone the POPC and ask them whether they think you have any chance of a visa before 1st July 2009? If not then what do they think might be likely?

I will reply to your e-mail later today by the way. Things have been frantically busy on here and elsewhere in the last 10 days or so, hence the delay in replying to you.

Cheers

Gill

Guest missymon

Hi Gill, thanks, I will take your advice and ring them on Monday. Fingers crossed we may get to Australia before the end of the year. Look forward to hearing from you.

Monica xx

Guest austibeach

Thank you Gill, I had a feeling that things moved a bit last May and as you say I would doubt there will be any adjustments made to the CPV quota this year. I did wonder about the queue calculator and at least you've put my mind to rest, knowing that it doesn't work, I will just have to keep an eye on Steve's list, which I'm sure will be the best indicator. Fortunately we are relatively patient people and we will pretty much take things as they come, but that said I would like to be able to plan ahead, so therefore any news of movements in the CPV queue is welcome. We have our second grandson due in June, so I can sympathize with you Steve, it would be good to get out there and enjoy seeing them grow up.

Eric.

At the end of any program year the DIAC processing centres have to manage the numbers being granted visas so they come in at roughly the numbers previously announced by the Minister.

In the present world financial climate it is most likely the case with CP visa applications that a higher number than in the past are not so able to access the capital required to pay the 2nd VAC. This will free up visa grants for those who ARE able to meet all the requirements for grant.

Another situation is highlighted by one of our clients (presently in Australia), who a couple of weeks ago decided to delay his travel outside Australia until early July. The result is an additional 2 visas available for grant in the 2008/09 program year.

For reference, the most recently lodged CP visa application of ours that has been asked to pay the 2nd VAC is one lodged in December 2007. Those that lodged CP visa applications in 01/2008 or 02/2008 (or even 03/2008) might want to enquire of POPC to find out whether there is merit in them progressing medicals, police clearance certs, the AOS, and ultimately payment of the 2nd VAC.

Those who have instructed an agent should also consider a dialogue with him/her.

Best regards.

Guest missymon

Hi every1,

I got in touch with POPC and asked what were the chances of us getting a CO soon. Below is their reply:

Hello Monica.

Thank you for your email.

We are allocating case officers to applications received 09/01/2008. Your application was received on 01/04/2008

For Contributory Parent visa categories (subclasses 143 and 173), it is

currently taking approximately 15 months from lodgement date until the case

is allocated to a case officer.

If you have a further query, we recommend that you use the

parents@immi.gov.au email box. This allows the POPC to answer your email

if your contact or case officer in POPC is absent.

Regards

Perth Offshore Parents Centre

So I guess there may be hope for us getting our visa some time this year. Fingers crossed.

Monica :-)

Guest austibeach

Thanks for this information Monica, it gives us some idea as to the possible timeline we can expect. If this in fact a true guide of the time between lodgement and allocation of a case officer, then it would suit our schedule pretty well, as we would prefer to make the move sometime next year, although a further six months or so wouldn't worry us too much if that were to be the case.

Good luck with your own application.

Eric.

Guest Risto

We came in Australia on 20th of July last year by 173 subclass of CPV. On 24th February, me, my wife and my 18-year-old son lodged an aplication for our current visa to be converted into subclass 143 CPV.

On 4th March this year we received a letter of acknowledgement. Therefore, on 31th March we've got a case officer who sets 70 days to obtain our Insurance of support. Afterward, my older son and our sponsor appoint a meeting with Centrelink on 15th April where he had been informed that he is allowed to be a sponsor of 2 adult persons.

My question is that I dont have any relatives who may be sponsors for my younger son .

How can we solve this problem?

I appreciate any answer useful within my case

Perth WA

Archived