SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Guest dan7c

Hey, thanks for the reply and the link. it gave me some sort of idea on time scales. was u applying for a spouse visa too?

Guest perkynanana

me and my partner got our visa approved yesterday! the interdependency visa - we submitted it beginning of may and payment was taken the next day and shortly after got confirmation by email. Finished medicals by mid may and then waited until yesterday when we got the good news! so luckily didnt take that long - we didn thave any interviews either?

Guest tomo66

:biggrin: just got the visa also, pr visa, received email yesterday, took the same as ozplorers, about 11 and half weeks, freedom at last ! bye bye uk!! :policeman:

Guest Emcooper

so frustrating, it would be nice if they could just do them all in order of reciept. seems very odd that some are granted in a week and some in 12? unless they arent very straight forward and things need clarifying, fair enough, but still, seems odd the way they process them.

Guest Pomozy

Hello,

I just thought I would add my stats too. I have found this website a huge comfort during my wait.

Visa recieved at Australia house 22/04/09

E-mail to tell me payment bounced! Oops - cheque not cleared onto credit card!

Payment taken 27/04/09

E-mail recieved 06/05/09 confirming receipt of application and asking for further info.

05/06/09 police & health checks and further info sent.

09/07/09 telephone call and e-mail to advise visa granted.

So just over 11 weeks start to finish - posibly the most stressful 11 weeks ever.

So just need to sell the house now, then I'm off to join hubby in Adelaide. Yay!!

Guest dan7c
I have just spoken to Australian High Commission in London and the lady that I spoke to said that spousal visas are definately taking up to the full 4 months at the moment!! I just hope that 4 months is all we have to wait as reading the earlier posts I am getting worried it may take even longer! Does anyone know of any visas that have been issued in the last few weeks???

Hi scc36, i sent my spouse visa in on the 30th july so australia house recieved it on the 1st of july 09, on the 8th of july i recieved an email saying it had been granted! I think that it is outrageous that they were saying 4 full months, guess ive been very lucky! Hope ur app is sucessful and soon!

Regards Dan

Bubba and Pink,

My heart is with you as I waited over four months for mine, times that by 5 times a day checking my email box...............drank a lot of wine to drown my sorrows but hey I got it in the end !!! We are all thinking of you and fingers & toes crossed it comes soon.xxx