SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Guest Undecided!
Hi All,

I`ve been finding that knowing what is going on with other people`s visas is really helpful, so I thought I`d put my details up. I have been inhabiting another forum, and I think I recognise a name here from over there!

Meds: April

Application received: 5/6/09 (Police check included)

Card charged: 5/6/09

E mail giving me file number and saying CO will be in touch shortly: 18/06/09

Still nowt from CO! I`ve been debating whether to ask when I can expect to hear from CO. Might give them a day or two more...

I`m hoping it will be treated as a fairly straightforward spouse visa - no dependants, no criminal records, no health issues will hopefully = no worries!

Sorry, that was an awful joke...

Congrats to those who`ve been successful!

Well, well, well, fancy meeting you here!

Prudi, I say call the Helpline! I think you've given them long enough. Squeaky gate, and all that...

Guest weebs

I just checked my email and our visa has been granted!!!! So happy, it took just under 6 weeks! Good luck to all those waiting, they seem to be speeding up again now so hopefully it won't be too long xxx

Guest Prudi
I wonder if we have the same case ofiicer?

That`s possible, I suppose. Sounds like the same elastic use of `shortly`! I`ll let you know what response I get.

Guest Prudi
Well, well, well, fancy meeting you here!

I wouldn`t say I`m obsessive or anything!

Prudi, I say call the Helpline! I think you've given them long enough. Squeaky gate, and all that...
I`ll try a polite e mail reply to the original e mail. I am paranoid that Form 80 is a punishment reserved for those who mither unnecessarily!

Guest Prudi
I just checked my email and our visa has been granted!!!! So happy, it took just under 6 weeks! Good luck to all those waiting, they seem to be speeding up again now so hopefully it won't be too long xxx

Ace!!!!

I'm chuffed for you weebs! Well done! Although where is the fairness? We applied a month before you! Must be down to C/Os. Oh well, ours will come soon, I guess!

Guest Emcooper

woohoo, ours (well I should say Other halfs) visa came today! woohoo. so 7 and a bit weeks from when they recieved it, front loaded with form 80,meds and police checks. Hope everyone elses arrives soon

Guest Ozplorers

Wish mine would hurry up and come through... tried to phone C/O for update yesterday and today, no answer, just answerphone.... suspecting she's on holiday.... Doh!

woohoo, ours (well I should say Other halfs) visa came today! woohoo. so 7 and a bit weeks from when they recieved it, front loaded with form 80,meds and police checks. Hope everyone elses arrives soon

Congrats Emcooper! Thats great news! Hopefully our 'ping' will come soon!

Guest siamsusie

Weebs, thanks for your pm.... I am absolutely delighted for you both, what a great start for the birthday boy eh, a big hug and so many congratulations and keep in touch much love ss xxxxxxx

Guest weebs
Weebs, thanks for your pm.... I am absolutely delighted for you both, what a great start for the birthday boy eh, a big hug and so many congratulations and keep in touch much love ss xxxxxxx

Thanks for all your support Siamsusie - I'm definitely celebrating tonight! Fingers crossed the rest come through soon too. I'm going to the embassy tomorrow to get my stamp - so exciting! Keep in touch and let me know how you get on back in Oz. Much love xxxx

Guest Prudi

Hurrah! Congrats! Maybe that CO can get on with doing mine now! :wink:

(These smilies are a bit weird - I actually find them a bit disturbing.)

Guest Cab82

We just got our visa today! Applied for the 309 visa on 16/04/09 so got it exactly 11 weeks later. There seems to be a lot of movement with the visas at the moment which is good news for everyone. I am in Australia already so my boyfriend is flying out on Thursday. Very excited!

Good luck to the rest of you guys waiting.

Yippee!!

I just got my PMV granted! Gave it in to Australia House on the 10th June and was allocated a Case Officer on the 24th June. Am so relieved that the wait was not such a wait after all!!

Good luck to all of you out there. I reckon the next couple of weeks will see a stream of visas being granted. Will keep a look out to see how you are all doing

Smiler:jiggy:

Guest siamsusie
Yippee!!

I just got my PMV granted! Gave it in to Australia House on the 10th June and was allocated a Case Officer on the 24th June. Am so relieved that the wait was not such a wait after all!!

Good luck to all of you out there. I reckon the next couple of weeks will see a stream of visas being granted. Will keep a look out to see how you are all doing

The Divorce Courts are just down the road from Australia House, wonder if there is a message there somewhere:laugh: oh and Smiler congratulations on your new adventures into the big country ss x

Guest Prudi
Yippee!!

Wow! That`s really quick! Congrats! Congrats also to Cab82!

thanks Cab82 and Prudi!

I frontloaded the everything eg meds, xray, UK police check, Oz police check, form 80, stat decs (UK and Oz people) so that there would be nothing for them to ask for as I hear that if you give in your docs in drips and drabs it can take longer as it may be that the C/O may just put down date in the diary for the things to be actioned by even though they may receive them earlier.

Now I can look forward to our celebration party in the UK before going to Oz to do the wedding. Whooppeee!!

Good luck with your applications

Smiler

Guest panacea1977

20 April - Submitted docs at the Strand (inc. police check)

21 April - Money taken

22 April - Confirmation email

28 April - Meds done and submitted

26 June - Confirmation of visa by email

3 July (today) - Back to the Strand and visa label in passport!

Took 10 weeks - was told 12.

• Like 1

congrats - this is giving us all hope.... pleased for everyone on here, its as if they are just fast proofing the lot since JUly 1st. Awesome news. Thanks for all the help you have given on the board. sin

Guest dan7c

hey sin,

what do you mean when you say they are fast proofing the lot since july 1st cause thats when they recieved my application but i havent heard anything???

Guest boxtobox

Dan,

How fast do you think these people work? Effectively they have had your application two working days, three if you count today.

If it is any benefit to you I sent my application, front loaded also, on 2nd June and didn't receive a reply until 23rd. Just keep an eye on your credit/debit card account as they tend to debit the cash pretty fast!

I am sure they will get in touch just as soon as possible - good luck with your application.

Hey dan

Meant that its not taking 4 months if a fully complete application but I guess you never know. here's hoping.

hey sin,

what do you mean when you say they are fast proofing the lot since july 1st cause thats when they recieved my application but i havent heard anything???