SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

2 hours ago, monkey514 said:

Hi,

Long-tme lurker on these forums and have found them a great help.

My timeline for application;

Applied - 28/06/2017 pre-loaded with medicals and police check

Due to problems with the medical this was not cleared until 27/12/2017

Request for new UK and AFP police certs 12/01/2018

Submitted them 0900 22/01/2018

visa grant 1007 22/01/2018

Congratulations,

i thought police checks were valid for a year? X

• 2 months later...

I was reading this article and your answers really helpful. I had lodged my offshore partner visa and I did my interview recently. 
One of the question, my CO asked me what’s happened if my visa get denied and refusal?
My answer was I’ll apply again and again until it’s get approved. 
Do you think usually Immigration officers ask these questions? 
And my answer was acceptable to answer. Just making me worried

• 2 months later...
10 hours ago, Beffers said:

Do people not use this thread any more?? This was a godsend to me whilst I was going thru the process!

Aye, I was thinking the same - we check in on occasion and agreed, absolute godsend over the last couple of years.  I have pointed quite a few people in the direction of the forum, whether or not they choose to visit, I've no idea.  There are quite a lot of other threads and sites, so I guess people are using those, although I personally think this one is a fab tool!

Think my OH put our stats on a while ago - just waiting for the 100 eligibility next Feb.

We have found everyone's experiences and advice invaluable, and that has led to a smooth 309 visa, along with a LOT of reading, re-reading and just being careful in general by ourselves.  No agent needed, just read, take note and ask questions, whether on the forum or via the service centre.

Already packing and clearing out and we're not even moving til the end of next year - ?

Glad your living the dream, can't wait for our turn!!  ?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Dis said:

Aye, I was thinking the same - we check in on occasion and agreed, absolute godsend over the last couple of years.  I have pointed quite a few people in the direction of the forum, whether or not they choose to visit, I've no idea.  There are quite a lot of other threads and sites, so I guess people are using those, although I personally think this one is a fab tool!

Think my OH put our stats on a while ago - just waiting for the 100 eligibility next Feb.

We have found everyone's experiences and advice invaluable, and that has led to a smooth 309 visa, along with a LOT of reading, re-reading and just being careful in general by ourselves.  No agent needed, just read, take note and ask questions, whether on the forum or via the service centre.

Already packing and clearing out and we're not even moving til the end of next year - ?

Glad your living the dream, can't wait for our turn!!  ?

You've an excited ride ahead!! Can't believe we've been here a year now and it's been great! I remember the packing and clearing crap in advance of the container arriving!! It's one weird feeling watching it chuff off down the street with your life in it!! Good luck with it all tho, and good luck on the 100!

I was thinking the same too. This forum especially was super helpful for us to know what to gather etc. Maybe no one is applying from the UK and therefore we are going to be top of the pile!!!![emoji23][emoji23] you can but dream right.
We applied 16th June for 309/100 but hoping for a straight to 100. Medical is booked for 31st July (as timelines have been extended on immi site so want to be sure we are not paying to do it twice) and police checks are ... well on route from aus and Uk apparently, but i never hold my breath with aus post!
Would be good to hear from others in the UK at first stage to gauge how long its taking at the moment.
I am wondering if because we are at the end of the financial year if it all slows down and there maybe a bit more actuvity after July. I hope so anyway.
If you want to come de-clutter us as well that would be fab, honetly the thought of it fills me with dread!

• Like 1

Yes, its been a lot of help, I still check in every now and again but it's my other half on here that usually posts and keeps me up to date with things.

Our visit to Aus a few months back to activate the Visas was amazing,  it's the next part thats the super scary bit, the move!

2 hours ago, zx6r said:

Yes, its been a lot of help, I still check in every now and again but it's my other half on here that usually posts and keeps me up to date with things.

Our visit to Aus a few months back to activate the Visas was amazing,  it's the next part thats the super scary bit, the move!

Congrats on getting your visa. Good luck with the BIG move. It's worth all the heartache!

13 hours ago, Katiebobbles said:

I was thinking the same too. This forum especially was super helpful for us to know what to gather etc. Maybe no one is applying from the UK and therefore we are going to be top of the pile!!!!emoji23.pngemoji23.png you can but dream right.
We applied 16th June for 309/100 but hoping for a straight to 100. Medical is booked for 31st July (as timelines have been extended on immi site so want to be sure we are not paying to do it twice) and police checks are ... well on route from aus and Uk apparently, but i never hold my breath with aus post!
Would be good to hear from others in the UK at first stage to gauge how long its taking at the moment.
I am wondering if because we are at the end of the financial year if it all slows down and there maybe a bit more actuvity after July. I hope so anyway.
If you want to come de-clutter us as well that would be fab, honetly the thought of it fills me with dread!

Let's hope you get a reasonably timed grant!! Ugh the deck uttering, that's one bit I hated but we were determined to just have a 20 foot container so halved our belongings!!! Still bought my library over tho lol

• Like 1

I bet!

Unsure A.T.M.  on location, we went to Melbourne when we went over so possible the same kind of area, but it all depends on either

(A)  The job situation, so will have to be flexible on where we end up

or

(B ) Winning the lotto and not having to worry! (Which is my favourite option ) :D

8 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

I'm not that worried about the moving, or about living in Australia.  More worried about not finding a decent job and going backwards in standard of living.

It is certainly something you have to be sure of and committed to, or even the smallest setback will appear to be insurmountable.

A lot will depend on what part of Australia you are going to and what trade, qualifications and experience you have that is recognizable to employers over here.

• 3 weeks later...
On 23/06/2018 at 06:16, Beffers said:

You've an excited ride ahead!! Can't believe we've been here a year now and it's been great! I remember the packing and clearing crap in advance of the container arriving!! It's one weird feeling watching it chuff off down the street with your life in it!! Good luck with it all tho, and good luck on the 100!

Thanks Beffers.  Glad it's working for you!  ?  Think I've already moved, in my head...lol...everything's just that bit more difficult to do atm cos I just want to go, but gotta wait  ?

We're still debating container or movecube  ?  Hoping we can fit everything into 2 movecubes I think - still cheaper than a container from what I can make out & door to door.

Slowly collating the next bundle of documents so we're good to go, although my son isn't sure if he want's to move or wait another year...pain in the ass!!  Either way, I'm going...he can follow, as long as he's there before his visa expires  ?

• Like 1

On 25 June 2018 at 19:17, Jon the Hat said:

I'm not that worried about the moving, or about living in Australia.  More worried about not finding a decent job and going backwards in standard of living.

That's a justified fear I think, I know a few people who are scraping by over here due to the work situation being more not what you know but who you know! 

4 hours ago, Beffers said:

That's a justified fear I think, I know a few people who are scraping by over here due to the work situation being more not what you know but who you know! 

I am working on the who you know part, I have a few contacts and contacts of contacts who may be in a position to help.  Benefits of working for an Aussie company.

• Like 2

I've now been in Melbourne since Jan.  Finding work has been harder than I expected due to not haveing the right experience.
I came to Melbourne with 20 years of experience in my field under my belt, but as none of it was experience gained in Australia, it doesn't seem to have been that useful in terms of getting a job.

The majority of my interview feedback has been that "you presented excellently and you certainly know your stuff, however you don't have enough Aus experience."
Which is strange as the person spec for the jobs I've applied for didn't mention that you need Aus experience, also it's very clear on my CV where I've been working my entire career...

So be prepared to take a step back in terms of career and be willing to work your way up again.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Katiebobbles said:

Thats interesting unzippy. What field are you in and what level are you at ifbyou dont mind me asking.
I think a good job is key for us as it will mean out of the inlaws, into our own place and settling. I never thought Aus experience could be a blocker.

I can concur what @unzippy said. I arrived June 2017, had to temp in two different jobs to gain Aussie experience before I finally secured perm post in March this year, and I've a PhD, MA and BA as well as two postgrad diplomas directly related to my field and 10+ years experience in the specific field (as well as another 20 years experience in related fields) ..... Still had to start over and most people I've met who are migrants (on PR non job related visas) have said the same thing, the first 6-12 months you need to get Aussie experience and get seriously networking! 

Edited by Beffers

2 hours ago, Katiebobbles said:

Thats interesting unzippy. What field are you in and what level are you at ifbyou dont mind me asking.
I think a good job is key for us as it will mean out of the inlaws, into our own place and settling. I never thought Aus experience could be a blocker.

I'm in IT,  Local Government. Over 20 years, worked my way up from password re-setter to the last 2 years managing an entire Service Delivery Department.

Edited by unzippy

Thanks for that Beffers and Unzippy.... it really isnt something i considered. I knew i would have to learn the Aus specifics but didnt think it would be a re-set of career to do it.
Better to know now .... maybe the rental will be for a bit longer than initially anticipated!!!!