SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

@Unzippy

Oops!  Yes, let immi know, just in case.  You will also probably need to change your passport details with whoever you're flying with, there maybe a charge.  Suggest you check the small print or just drop them an email enquiring.  Also ask them HOW to change details, in case it's not clear on their site.

Good luck!!  :-)

4 hours ago, unzippy said:

Query.

Has anyone changed passports after the visa had been granted, but before you left for Aus?

Like a dickhead I've managed to ship my passport in the container :rolleyes:

A new one arrive in 7 days - do I need to tell the IMMI people?  Flights too I guess?

Cheers!

You can update your passport details through your immi account. Just upload a scanned copy and the new details. 

Query.

Has anyone changed passports after the visa had been granted, but before you left for Aus?

A new one arrive in 7 days - do I need to tell the IMMI people?  Flights too I guess?

Cheers!

Not sure why it uploaded the reply three times!!

Edited by Nemesis

Query.

Cheers!

Not sure why it uploaded the reply three times!!

Edited by Nemesis

Yes you must tell immigration as you may get delayed entering Australia. Before I became a citizen, I needed to renew my UK passport and was going to do it on a visit to the UK. I checked with Immigration and they said I would have to lodge a copy of my new passport with Australia House as my visa was linked to my old passport.

in the end I renewed my UK passport from here after I returned.

• Thanks 1

Try and do as much as possible before you leave.

You MUST change passport details with airline - but yes you can do it online with manage my booking.

Let me tell you what happened to me- I sponsored my husband but discovered that I had become a non Austrlian in 1999 when I became a British citizen, I had lost my Australian citizenship - despite having Australian passports reissued. I resumed my Australian citizenship and asked Australia House whether I needed a new passport. They said no so off I went with my old Aussie passport to Australia last November. -- My husband with his new permanent residency visa went through passport control. It was me who is an Austalian citizen who had her passport impounded because unbeknown to me it had been cancelled. I was allowed in but had to apply for a new passport.

In August we decided to make a trip to the UK to see my 97 yr old father-in-law. I arrived at the airport in Sydney to be stopped. My UK passport had not been linked to my new Australian passport so a phonecall had to be made to Canberra before I could leave.

10 hours ago, fosseboy said:

You should be able to update passport details on the airlines website under manage my booking without a charge as long as you haven't changed your name as well lol.

but do it before you go to the airport!

As above, passport details to DIBP can be updated via Immiaccount. If no Immiaccount then use Form 929.

As for the airline, most airlines will have no record of any passport details. In 50 years I have never provided my passport details to an airline until I check in for the flight. It DIBP that need the details otherwise there will be no link between the visa and the passport.

I'd also advise checking in as early as possible, just in case the DIBP computer has not updated correctly - the airline can then contact the department by phone.

On 07/09/2017 at 03:46, Katiebobbles said:

It isn't if we would get one its how much extra and what extra we will have to submit to qualify. I am referring to the new "sponsorship requirement" we would have to complete before being able to lodge the 309/100.
I am more concerned about how much they may charge for this new hoop.... hence why we are trying to apply before it comes in. It was deferred from this July but i fear it may come in with the January rounds so i am just trying to understand my options.

Sent from my SM-A310F using PomsinOz mobile app

Going back to that  - do the proposed changes to the partner visa (extra step to get the sponsor approved, possibly extra fee for it too) have actually gone through? I know they were being discussed, but I don't know if they have actually been implemented. Asking for a friend (no, not really. Asking for me ;) ). Thank you!

Going back to that  - do the proposed changes to the partner visa (extra step to get the sponsor approved, possibly extra fee for it too) have actually gone through? I know they were being discussed, but I don't know if they have actually been implemented. Asking for a friend (no, not really. Asking for me [emoji6] ). Thank you!

Didn't go through in the July rounds as was referred back to government. Looking likley in eithe Jan or next July from what i can gather. Hopefully July as that will make it a lot better timeline wise for us.

Sent from my SM-A310F using PomsinOz mobile app

• Like 1

On 9/7/2017 at 17:21, Katiebobbles said:

Hi Snifter. That is fab and is exactly what we needed to know. Therefore the option to apply and validate the visa but move later is there..... now just to start scanning 7 years of our life together! Fun! Will be back in touch when i start the process and have stats, but for now loads of luck to all going through the process x

You don't have to scan everything covering 7 years. We sent in evidence from each month of the 12 months prior to lodging and then a couple of random bills/bank statements from other years naming one or both of us at the same address. So car insurance, life insurance, a bill here and there. All up it covered 7 years but wasn't full on apart from the 12 months prior. 

• 2 weeks later...

Flights are FINALLY booked for 23rd Jan 2018 [emoji4] Melbourne im comin for ya!

Just for anyone new here my stats were:

Applied 17th may 2017

Agent contacted a few weeks later requesting more info.

Info sent and medical processed.

Visa approval on 3rd July 2017

????

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

YEEEESSS  !!   Ive just received my temp and permanent visa for me and my two children :):)   very very very happy.

I had to get to leave to remove my children through the Courts, that was granted in Feb 2016.  Applied for our visa's same month.  Then had to have the UK court order registered in Australia which took best part of 7 months. We had to re=apply for police checks a week ago and hit submit yesterday only to be granted today, straight to permanent ! 

Delighted to say the least.  Its been a very very long road which started 2 years ago with an application to the UK court for permission to remove my children permanently.

• Like 5

So excited for you [mention=264669]nava24[/mention]! The 23rd is our daughter's birthday [emoji16].
We're looking at heading out around the same time, I just need to get Mr Rich organised enough to book the flights! 
All the best and keep us updated! 

Thats lovely :)
Happy birthday to your daughter when the day arrives!

Thank you!
  • Like 1

On 25/10/2017 at 18:33, LaddermanUS said:

YEEEESSS  !!   Ive just received my temp and permanent visa for me and my two children :):)   very very very happy.

I had to get to leave to remove my children through the Courts, that was granted in Feb 2016.  Applied for our visa's same month.  Then had to have the UK court order registered in Australia which took best part of 7 months. We had to re=apply for police checks a week ago and hit submit yesterday only to be granted today, straight to permanent ! 

Delighted to say the least.  Its been a very very long road which started 2 years ago with an application to the UK court for permission to remove my children permanently.

Congratulations, I'm in a similar position how did you go about getting the court order registered in Australia?  Did they contact your ex or just go off the court order? Xx

• 2 weeks later...
On 01/11/2017 at 23:02, Angelpie said:

Congratulations, I'm in a similar position how did you go about getting the court order registered in Australia?  Did they contact your ex or just go off the court order? Xx

sorry for lengthy delay in responding.  your order needs to go through :

Imogen Adams-Stiell | Senior Case Manager 
International Child Abduction & Contact Unit (ICACU)
Central Authority for England and Wales

Office of Official Solicitor and Public Trustee,
Victory House,
30-34 Kingsway,
London WC2B 6EX

020 3681 2608 (10am to 4pm Monday to Friday)

On 13/11/2017 at 17:24, LaddermanUS said:

sorry for lengthy delay in responding.  your order needs to go through :

Imogen Adams-Stiell | Senior Case Manager 
International Child Abduction & Contact Unit (ICACU)
Central Authority for England and Wales

Office of Official Solicitor and Public Trustee,
Victory House,
30-34 Kingsway,
London WC2B 6EX

020 3681 2608 (10am to 4pm Monday to Friday)

Thanks so much for your reply , all I could find about it online was an address in Australia and that really only applied if we were already there ? I will give them a ring tomorrow see what the costs are , may be able to get it started before we lodge xx

1 minute ago, LaddermanUS said:

Some even better news for you........There is no cost ! 

Seriously!! Wow.... good job I'm sat down , that's a first through this whole process, do you mind me asking why it took so long to get the court order registered? I will get to the court house asap to get a certified copy xx

Im afraid i cant give you a technical explanation as to why it takes so long. the offide deals with child abduction case so i guess first off a matter like this is not seen as urgent and secondly its my understanding that there are only 2 judges in Aus who will do it (sign off on a British order).  My case was very contentious and so we asked and paid for a written recital of the judges summing up as well which was sent along with the order. 

We were not able to obtain much info during the process.  Needless to say our visa app relied on the order being registered and all out docs were in and just waiting for the australian order.   soon as we got it we uploaded it with a letter and 48hrs later GRANT

16 hours ago, LaddermanUS said:

Im afraid i cant give you a technical explanation as to why it takes so long. the offide deals with child abduction case so i guess first off a matter like this is not seen as urgent and secondly its my understanding that there are only 2 judges in Aus who will do it (sign off on a British order).  My case was very contentious and so we asked and paid for a written recital of the judges summing up as well which was sent along with the order. 

We were not able to obtain much info during the process.  Needless to say our visa app relied on the order being registered and all out docs were in and just waiting for the australian order.   soon as we got it we uploaded it with a letter and 48hrs later GRANT

Omg that must of been such a long wait , I called that number to ask if there was anything else I needed to send with my court order , he hadn't got a clue what I was talking about said to send an email to them and someone would get. Ack to me ?

How did you go about getting a written recital? Would that be something my solicitor would have? I have all the Cafcass reports , my order says I have to register it within a reasonable time when we get to Australia but I'd rather get a bit ahead for once if I can

have you got a date to move now then , exciting times for you all xx

hi everyone,

Fairly new here. Just a couple of questions but first a bit of history.

Husband=Australian/Canadian. Wife (me)=Canadian. Married 15+ yrs. Both live and work in Canada. No children.

DOL=Nov 7, 2017 (few days ago). offshore Visa 309. online application. no agent used.

just a couple of questions:

1) what is the grace period one gets to get the visa activated from the grant date? I have read a few here give a time frame of under 3 months. We plan on just flying to Australia (Brisbane) once the visa is granted just to go activate it. I'm just curious on the time frame.

2) once one has the visa activated how long would I roughly have to move there permanently? I am trying to plan ahead. Hubby will be quitting his job and moving to Australia ahead of me while I sort out the sale of the house and the move......

I just want to have a rough idea.

cheers