SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Wow congrats! That was FAST! Where in Oz are you moving? 
Wedding booked! Removal normally happening this Monday! It was a job and a half packing and evaluating everything (and all the forms to fill!) but finally - it's getting real [emoji4]

Thank you!! Yes extremely fast did not expect it at all. Was thinking at least 6 months
Hubby is an aussie and from Melbourne so heading there for a bit and then saving to buy a camper to travel round aus! When is your wedding for?
Good luck :)

????

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, nava24 said:

Thank you!! Yes extremely fast did not expect it at all. Was thinking at least 6 months
Hubby is an aussie and from Melbourne so heading there for a bit and then saving to buy a camper to travel round aus! When is your wedding for?

????

Dam yours was fast !! 

Id love to do a campervan trip of Oz! Some day! 

Which part of Melbourne are you heading too? 

Dam yours was fast !! 
Id love to do a campervan trip of Oz! Some day! 
Which part of Melbourne are you heading too? 

Yeah super fast no idea how! Are you in process of yours?
If you make it a goal then youll achieve it!
What's your plans?

Gladstone Park :)

????

8 hours ago, Lever40 said:

Had my last day of work on Friday, MoveCube comes tomorrow, sitting sorting out all the forms and items for each box, hoping its a smooth day tomorrow! I had waaay more to go through and sort than I thought! 

Good luck Lever40! It's all coming together!

Our container left yesterday and we fly out tomorrow morning! 

Good luck with the move & maybe see you in Melbourne with Bethany too! ?

Edited by TinaK
  • Like 3

On 6 July 2017 at 17:01, TinaK said:

Good luck Lever40! It's all coming together!

Our container left yesterday and we fly out tomorrow morning! 

Good luck with the move & maybe see you in Melbourne with Bethany too! ?

Oh yes, that sounds good to me!!

On 7/5/2017 at 23:10, nava24 said:

????

Another Melbournian to be ? how envious I am of your camper plan, I'd love to do that! It's gonna be great, have loads of fun :)

Getting married in November so everything is coming fast now!

• Like 1

Another Melbournian to be [emoji16] how envious I am of your camper plan, I'd love to do that! It's gonna be great, have loads of fun [emoji4]
Getting married in November so everything is coming fast now!

Do it why not :) hire one after your wedding and go for a trip!! Thats awesome, hope all is going well with planning!!!

????

• Like 1

Very envious of all you guys getting grants :(  My visa app was placed end of Feb, medicals and police checks done by end of March but I have a court order which has too be registered in Australia before i can get a grant.   I had a leave to remove case awarded in my favour in Jan this year in the UK court (permission to relocate with my two children) but as part of the order I have to have a mirror order in Australia.  So its taking quite some time. .  I am also moving to Melbourne (how come everyone seems to be moving to Melb ??) 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, LaddermanUS said:

Very envious of all you guys getting grants :(  My visa app was placed end of Feb, medicals and police checks done by end of March but I have a court order which has too be registered in Australia before i can get a grant.   I had a leave to remove case awarded in my favour in Jan this year in the UK court (permission to relocate with my two children) but as part of the order I have to have a mirror order in Australia.  So its taking quite some time. .  I am also moving to Melbourne (how come everyone seems to be moving to Melb ??) 

It sounds like it's just a question of time so hopefully once that court order gets through you'll be given the grant in no time :) but the wait and most of all the lack of timeframe can be frustrating, I think we can all relate! Best of luck to you.

Bit surprised by the number of people here migrating to Melbourne too! Maybe that's why the city feels European at times - because we're all moving there ;) 

• Like 1

We are moving there because my wife is Melbournian and has lots of family there.  Our chosen town is Traralgon, about 2 hour drive east of the city. Im used to country town living (live in Cornwall at the moment) so Traralgon suits me just fine.  I am self employed and will be starting a business fresh when we land so nervous about how that might go....

• Like 1

We are moving there because my wife is Melbournian and has lots of family there.  Our chosen town is Traralgon, about 2 hour drive east of the city. Im used to country town living (live in Cornwall at the moment) so Traralgon suits me just fine.  I am self employed and will be starting a business fresh when we land so nervous about how that might go....

Hey :) i think with the court order it will be just a matter of time as said above. Fingers crossed for you but at least you were honest! Just make sure you go with plenty of money saved when you reach the border!

????

28 minutes ago, the guru said:

HEY FRIENDS.,

I APPLIED PARTNER VISA FOR MY WIFE. DO I NEED TO SUBMIT FORM 80 AS ITS MENTIONED ONLINE ?

I AM PERMANENT RESIDENT AND WILLING TO BRING MY WIFE OVE?.

When you up load all your other documents Form 80 will either be "Required" or "recommended" our visa was granted with out uploading any form 80's but if you can easily get them filled out it can do no harm.

We didn't upload any as on first reading it said it had to be filled out by Australian citizens but when I inquired about the form 80 just before my visa was granted the adviser on the telephone said they could be filled out by anyone who know you as a couple

HEY FRIENDS.,
I APPLIED PARTNER VISA FOR MY WIFE. DO I NEED TO SUBMIT FORM 80 AS ITS MENTIONED ONLINE ?
 I AM PERMANENT RESIDENT AND WILLING TO BRING MY WIFE OVE?.

I did not submit a form 80 with my application. And it was never asked for either. However try and load your application up as much as you can. Just be aware to upload more important things first i.e proof of marriage.

????

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Jonleahy said:

When you up load all your other documents Form 80 will either be "Required" or "recommended" our visa was granted with out uploading any form 80's but if you can easily get them filled out it can do no harm.

We didn't upload any as on first reading it said it had to be filled out by Australian citizens but when I inquired about the form 80 just before my visa was granted the adviser on the telephone said they could be filled out by anyone who know you as a couple

THANK YOU FOR YOUR REPLY JONLEASHY BUT DO I NEED TO

SUBMIT FOR MYSELF TOO. I ALREADY DID ON BEHALF OF MY WIFE..CHEERS 

THANK YOU

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, nava24 said:

I did not submit a form 80 with my application. And it was never asked for either. However try and load your application up as much as you can. Just be aware to upload more important things first i.e proof of marriage.

????

THANKS NAVA

• Like 1

I did not submit form 80 as it was not on the list, but was asked by my Case Officer to provide it.

I would download the form and have it ready just in case. Nothing tricky about it, but it can take time to fill (particularly the travel history) so best have it ready to send. Once the Case Officer requests documents you only have 28 days to send them.

• Like 1

Hi everyone!

I'm relatively new to this forum, but thought I would share our stats with you. I'm Australian and my husband is British. We met in 2001 when I was here (UK) on a working-holiday visa. We spent a year in Australia (2002-2003) where we got married, but moved back to the UK shortly afterwards. We have two children aged 9 and 7 who have dual-citizenship. Anyway, here is our timeline:

• DOL: 5th June 2017
  • Sponsor's Oz police certificate: 9th June 2017
  • Medical: 15th June 2017
  • UK police certificates: 10th July 2017
  • 309/100 visa GRANTED: 12th July 2017 !!

So, overall it took 5 weeks and 2 days! We are still in shock (understatement!) and can't quite believe that it happened so quickly. We don't really have a plan as yet, but will be heading to sunny Bris-vegas as that is where most of our friends and family are.

Oh, and we had no contact from CO's. Our status went straight from 'received' to 'granted'. It never even changed to 'in progress'!

Right, I had better get packing :D:o

• Like 4

Hi everyone!
I'm relatively new to this forum, but thought I would share our stats with you. I'm Australian and my husband is British. We met in 2001 when I was here (UK) on a working-holiday visa. We spent a year in Australia (2002-2003) where we got married, but moved back to the UK shortly afterwards. We have two children aged 9 and 7 who have dual-citizenship. Anyway, here is our timeline:
  • DOL: 5th June 2017
  • Sponsor's Oz police certificate: 9th June 2017
  • Medical: 15th June 2017
  • UK police certificates: 10th July 2017
  • 309/100 visa GRANTED: 12th July 2017 !!
So, overall it took 5 weeks and 2 days! We are still in shock (understatement!) and can't quite believe that it happened so quickly. We don't really have a plan as yet, but will be heading to sunny Bris-vegas as that is where most of our friends and family are.
Oh, and we had no contact from CO's. Our status went straight from 'received' to 'granted'. It never even changed to 'in progress'!
Right, I had better get packing [emoji3][emoji33]

Huge congrats!!!! :) mine didnt take very long either with only contact from the CO for more evidence as i reached the limit on my immi account.

Good luck with the move :)

????

• Like 1

Been a while since I have logged on here.

Applied last September, got granted in Feb this year - shipping has gone and am now 6 weeks away from my one way flight to Brisbane.

On 7/14/2017 at 11:57, MrsRich said:

Mrs Rich - I see you are heading there too? We've also got friends and family but would good to meet - have a fellow expat around.

To anyone else heading to Brisbane, perhaps we could plan a PomsinOz meet, share some stories etc.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Been a while since I've been on. We arrived in Melbourne 16th June.  We have settled in the foothills of the Dandenong Ranges, daughter in school as of last week for start of Term 3 and we found our house and got keys 3/7.  Both husband and I started work this week so we have packed a lot into our short time here. We are loving life here and so happy to have made the move. Things would be sweeter if we had our container which suffered delays leaving the UK for no apparent reason but that's been the only glitch!  Good luck to all those waiting on grants, and congrats to those recently granted!! 

Edited by Beffers
  • Like 4

On 09/07/2017 at 18:43, LaddermanUS said:

Cos Melbourne rocks!! Good luck with the court order. Have they given any indication of timescales? 

No indication of timescales no :(   the last case that went through this process last year took two months to have the UK Court order registered by a Judge in Australia.  Despite what you may think, UK court orders are NOT recognised in OZ, they do not have mirror orders like some other countries.  You have to have your uk order re-written by an australian judge so that its in australian law.  And to do that you have to have the full transcript of the final hearing and suing up recorded and written down by a professional transcriber so that the australian judge can understand how the uk judge came to their decision !   Lots of red tape.  

My visa and my children visa's are subject to the order being registered in the australia so we can get granted until its registered.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, LaddermanUS said:

No indication of timescales no :(   the last case that went through this process last year took two months to have the UK Court order registered by a Judge in Australia.  Despite what you may think, UK court orders are NOT recognised in OZ, they do not have mirror orders like some other countries.  You have to have your uk order re-written by an australian judge so that its in australian law.  And to do that you have to have the full transcript of the final hearing and suing up recorded and written down by a professional transcriber so that the australian judge can understand how the uk judge came to their decision !   Lots of red tape.  

My visa and my children visa's are subject to the order being registered in the australia so we can get granted until its registered.

Good luck. I'm sure you'll get there eventually!