SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

2 hours ago, LaddermanUS said:

it won't give me an estimate because we are in cornwall (out of their area)!±

Ahh.. thats annoying! Just ring through for a quote or have you done that? I requested a call back on their website contact form one night and got a call the next day. 

11 minutes ago, Lever40 said:

That the fun part.. Honestly :ph34r:

Well we are still looking at everything from flights to accommodation.  A little frustrating as nothing can be booked just in case.

Sure we will get there in time :)  

5 hours ago, Lever40 said:

I measured it out in a corner and marked the wall out with masking tape, also got cardboard and made up a mock up. 

Na they dont do that, you gotta work it out yourself. Watch the videos on it. they can also up grade the size from a small to medium and a medium to large or downgrade a medium to a small or a large to a medium as far as i know. 

From reading on the movecube thread quite a few laid out their boxes in a corner to see what would fit. I done the same, only thing is mine are odd shaped because i've  a few bikes going into mine... only a few :ph34r:

Aaah the hard way then ? I thought Anglo Pacific offered to do a quote in person but maybe it was wishful thinking (reading) on my side!

It's good to know they are flexible. Looking at pictures I might be able to get away with a small cube, but that might be optimistic. Really have to do my own mock-up. Thanks for the tips!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, TheWayOfThePony said:

Aaah the hard way then ? I thought Anglo Pacific offered to do a quote in person but maybe it was wishful thinking (reading) on my side!

It's good to know they are flexible. Looking at pictures I might be able to get away with a small cube, but that might be optimistic. Really have to do my own mock-up. Thanks for the tips!

I'll hopefully know at the weekend if I can fit my stuff into a small once I get all the boxes im gona use and then get it booked for a few weeks time! 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/12/2017 at 20:27, Lever40 said:

Booked my Movecube last night, just went for the Medium! But what I didnt expect was the amount of paper work to go through.

Im taking insurance with @Letton Percival so thats more paper work but its all for the right reasons! 

Do you mind if I pick your brain on that? I know you need to declare what's in the boxes,  but how much detail do they need? I was thinking they might want to check clothes made of wool (for moths) etc... do they ask you to list the materials of all items per box?

Good reminder in the insurance, need to look into that as well... Then give notice to HMRC etc... Wrapping up your life in one country is one long job! 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TheWayOfThePony said:

Do you mind if I pick your brain on that? I know you need to declare what's in the boxes,  but how much detail do they need? I was thinking they might want to check clothes made of wool (for moths) etc... do they ask you to list the materials of all items per box?

Good reminder in the insurance, need to look into that as well... Then give notice to HMRC etc... Wrapping up your life in one country is one long job! 

You don't need to be massively detailed that I am aware of. There wasn't that much room on the forms to write lots iirc.

We did ensure the boxes were clearly numbered and also wrote that same description on those to tally with the list.

We kept our own personal list where we had more detail so we knew what was in where but that didn't go to the shipping paperwork. We kept it.

We also ensured we packed the boxes that they would most likely check last so they were right there when they cranked the cube open at customs. So the boxes with shoes and boots and tools. When our cube arrived to us the shoe boxes had customs tape round them showing they had been checked. We were glad we had left them at the front. 

For example we just put it down like this

box 1 - clothes and coats

box 2 - books and DVD's

box 3 - kids toys and books

box 4 - kitchen utensils and crockery

box 5. - bedding/towels/kids clothes

box 6 - shoes and boots

and so on

11 hours ago, snifter said:

You don't need to be massively detailed that I am aware of. There wasn't that much room on the forms to write lots iirc.

We did ensure the boxes were clearly numbered and also wrote that same description on those to tally with the list.

We kept our own personal list where we had more detail so we knew what was in where but that didn't go to the shipping paperwork. We kept it.

We also ensured we packed the boxes that they would most likely check last so they were right there when they cranked the cube open at customs. So the boxes with shoes and boots and tools. When our cube arrived to us the shoe boxes had customs tape round them showing they had been checked. We were glad we had left them at the front. 

For example we just put it down like this

box 1 - clothes and coats

box 2 - books and DVD's

box 3 - kids toys and books

box 4 - kitchen utensils and crockery

box 5. - bedding/towels/kids clothes

box 6 - shoes and boots

and so on

Thank you, that's helpful - and reassuring! I was picturing myself having to check the labels on all my clothes :)

9 minutes ago, TheWayOfThePony said:

Thank you, that's helpful - and reassuring! I was picturing myself having to check the labels on all my clothes :)

For non visa stuff you could make use of the other sections like shipping and the like. We have a fair few threads on Movecube with lots of info. 

14 hours ago, TheWayOfThePony said:

we had movers pack us up and get us here, I questioned how to specify what needed to be listed and above answers similar to what we had, they did mention they would pack any wooden items in a box (x amount of boxes) so that if the wooden items needed to be looked at then it would be easy for them to find what had been declared in that area and fumigated if customs felt was required.

We also put down a drop sheet and cleaned the bottom of every pair of shoes we owned and wiped with bleach etc as OZ can be harsh the possibility of diseased soil being bought in.  We also wiped hubby's golf clubs and golf balls clean so that we wouldn't have to be charged fumigation.  We were advised by company we shipped through (and almost all 6 of the companies I had come quote) that cleaning above items and anything that maybe a threat to OZ (wood etc) is worth making the effort and labelling well for customs.

Good luck with the move, ours was crazy fast and arrived in 6 weeks, we had to put in storage due to not having arrived in OZ at that point!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, leftyandstumpy said:

we had movers pack us up and get us here, I questioned how to specify what needed to be listed and above answers similar to what we had, they did mention they would pack any wooden items in a box (x amount of boxes) so that if the wooden items needed to be looked at then it would be easy for them to find what had been declared in that area and fumigated if customs felt was required.

We also put down a drop sheet and cleaned the bottom of every pair of shoes we owned and wiped with bleach etc as OZ can be harsh the possibility of diseased soil being bought in.  We also wiped hubby's golf clubs and golf balls clean so that we wouldn't have to be charged fumigation.  We were advised by company we shipped through (and almost all 6 of the companies I had come quote) that cleaning above items and anything that maybe a threat to OZ (wood etc) is worth making the effort and labelling well for customs.

Good luck with the move, ours was crazy fast and arrived in 6 weeks, we had to put in storage due to not having arrived in OZ at that point!

Thank you for those great tips! I was going for the cube assuming it was cheaper but I am going to call a removal company and get a quote just in case. I like that they pack and load it for you - I'm doing the move on my own so that would save me some hassle (and countless muscle sprains! God books are HEAVY and this is most of my cargo... I'm a book hoarder...)

Sorry for derailing the topic, I'll post in the removal sections if I have more questions :)

23 hours ago, TheWayOfThePony said:

Theres forms to fill out and it details whats needed, for example.. Box 1 Clothes ... Box 2 Cutlery etc etc they dont need to know the pattern of your best shirt lol I've had no mention of material items are made off but the Move Cube folk have paper work with guide lines on each section of the customs forms. They do say put shoes etc at the front of the box. 

Yeah it totally is, never expected so.. I just imagined packing a suit case and going :ph34r:

5 hours ago, TheWayOfThePony said:

Thank you for those great tips! I was going for the cube assuming it was cheaper but I am going to call a removal company and get a quote just in case. I like that they pack and load it for you - I'm doing the move on my own so that would save me some hassle (and countless muscle sprains! God books are HEAVY and this is most of my cargo... I'm a book hoarder...)

Sorry for derailing the topic, I'll post in the removal sections if I have more questions :)

You can get help with packing and unpacking the Movecube. Its on the quotation on their website if you choose it. Where are you moving from ? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lever40 said:

Theres forms to fill out and it details whats needed, for example.. Box 1 Clothes ... Box 2 Cutlery etc etc they dont need to know the pattern of your best shirt lol I've had no mention of material items are made off but the Move Cube folk have paper work with guide lines on each section of the customs forms. They do say put shoes etc at the front of the box. 

Yeah it totally is, never expected so.. I just imagined packing a suit case and going :ph34r:

You can get help with packing and unpacking the Movecube. Its on the quotation on their website if you choose it. Where are you moving from ? 

Hehe.. okay so the inventory is simple enough :)

God I didn't even see that service on their website, I'm so useless! Thanks, I'll have a look. I'm moving from London which make things easier.

Yup, packing a suitcase and going - that was my plan/assumption too ? oops...

Hope your preparations are going well!

• Like 1

Applied: 17th may 2017
Heard from case officer to provide more info:31st may
Went for medical on 21st june and submitting last bit of info tonight (24th june)

Anyone had to go for an interview at all? I was surprised how quick they assigned a case officer!

????

• Like 1

2 hours ago, nava24 said:

Applied: 17th may 2017
Heard from case officer to provide more info:31st may
Went for medical on 21st june and submitting last bit of info tonight (24th june)

Anyone had to go for an interview at all? I was surprised how quick they assigned a case officer!

That sounds pretty normal in terms of CO to me. I heard from my CO within a week back when I applied. The standard take medicals etc after this date and so on. 

In all my years on here and elsewhere I can't really recall anyone ever having to attend an interview in London for a partner visa. I know some are called by their CO to discuss something or for a chat but thats been about it. Not saying interviews don't happen but its not a standard thing. 

Hey all, 

We submitted our applications online on the 26th June 2017. 

Bit concerned though as we uploaded all our docs but following immi closing down the site on the 30th for updates they seem to have disappeared on my partner's section (the sponsor). There are still green ticks next to all the sections to say something has been received, but I can no longer see the file names and his attachment count has gone to 0? They are all still there on mine, is this normal?

Just had our 309 issued.  

We have made plans to come over at the end of March 2018 for 3 weeks to activate the Visas and will be stopping in Melbourne in an Air B&B.

It will be a fact finding break to see what areas we like (and can afford!) as well as visiting various employment agencies.

So if nearer the time anyone wants to meet up just drop me a PM :)

• Like 3

21 hours ago, the_hat said:

Hey all, 

Bit concerned though as we uploaded all our docs but following immi closing down the site on the 30th for updates they seem to have disappeared on my partner's section (the sponsor). There are still green ticks next to all the sections to say something has been received, but I can no longer see the file names and his attachment count has gone to 0? They are all still there on mine, is this normal?

I would contact immi to ensure that there isn't any issues or not.  

We had a problem a few months back when part of our application went missing. You can do this http://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa/Immi/immiaccount-technical-support-form

They got back to us within about 4 days (2 excluding the weekend) and it was resolved.

Hope this helps :)

23 hours ago, the_hat said:

Hey all, 

It could be because of July coming up and possible changes. Also it's the weekend atm, give them a day or two to sort any glitches out and if not email the help desk. 

309 approved!!!!!

Application date: 17th May 2017
Case officer asked for more info: 31st May 2017 - all sent off within 2 weeks
Visa granted: 3rd July 2017

They have said 09 June 2018 is the date we have to be in Oz by however
We are heading there November this year!
[emoji198][emoji198][emoji198]

????

• Like 3

On 7/4/2017 at 01:26, nava24 said:

309 approved!!!!!

Application date: 17th May 2017
Case officer asked for more info: 31st May 2017 - all sent off within 2 weeks
Visa granted: 3rd July 2017

They have said 09 June 2018 is the date we have to be in Oz by however
We are heading there November this year!
emoji198.pngemoji198.pngemoji198.png

????

Wow congrats! That was FAST! Where in Oz are you moving? 

Wedding booked! Removal normally happening this Monday! It was a job and a half packing and evaluating everything (and all the forms to fill!) but finally - it's getting real :)