SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

23 hours ago, Lever40 said:

Welcome to the forum and Congrats on a quick grant! Where are you planning to move too? 

Awesome News! Did you front load or wait for C/O contact ? 

Thank you!

I actually applied for an onshore defect but due to to the fact i had been on a bridging visa so long i had to come offshore and apply again which was painful.

But i had all the medicals and police checks ready to go so that saved some time.

Will be moving back to Bayside of Brisbane, can finally rest now until it's time to do it all again for the 100 haha

They definitely don't make it easy for us.

• Like 2

Quick update from me - did my medical today & my UK police checks and hubby's AFP checks both also arrived today. Just his UK ones to arrive now and medical results to be processed and I can hit the button! Hoping I can do that mid next week. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, user121 said:

Thank you!

I actually applied for an onshore defect but due to to the fact i had been on a bridging visa so long i had to come offshore and apply again which was painful.

But i had all the medicals and police checks ready to go so that saved some time.

Will be moving back to Bayside of Brisbane, can finally rest now until it's time to do it all again for the 100 haha

They definitely don't make it easy for us.

They certainly don't, but everyone one would be doing it if it were easy!

Edited by Lever40
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Beffers said:

So the AFP finally came thru today. Uploaded to Immi, pressed the magic button and now "Assessment in Progress" - I'm hoping I don't sit at this stage too long lol ? 

Awesome! How long did that take? Like a Month?

Grant shouldn't be far off! :D

• Like 1

Just now, Lever40 said:

Awesome! How long did that take? Like a Month?

Grant shouldn't be far off! :D

Yeah applied 29/3, email receipt 3/4, email confirming it's in post 18/4 and arrived today!! Long winded old process!!

Well you'd like to think re Grant, but then also thought you would've heard by now?! 

5 minutes ago, Beffers said:

Yeah applied 29/3, email receipt 3/4, email confirming it's in post 18/4 and arrived today!! Long winded old process!!

Well you'd like to think re Grant, but then also thought you would've heard by now?! 

Na im not expecting it for another few months because of the way the 300 visa works. Its still too far away from our wedding date yet. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Lever40 said:

Na im not expecting it for another few months because of the way the 300 visa works. Its still too far away from our wedding date yet. 

Aaaah I didn't realise that it was tied into your wedding date - that's interesting.  @TinaK : there you go, that's what you asked me the other night!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Beffers said:

Aaaah I didn't realise that it was tied into your wedding date - that's interesting.  @TinaK : there you go, that's what you asked me the other night!

Yeah it wont be granted before 9 months from your wedding date and May would make it 9 months so Id say July/ august or so which Im happy enough with. 

• Like 2

Another update from me - submitted all the police checks today and my medical was approved overnight so I hit the 'information requested' button this afternoon. Now the wait starts again....

@Beffers - how funny that we both did it almost on the same day!! They'd better grant us at the same time ?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TinaK said:

Another update from me - submitted all the police checks today and my medical was approved overnight so I hit the 'information requested' button this afternoon. Now the wait starts again....

@Beffers - how funny that we both did it almost on the same day!! They'd better grant us at the same time ?

Yeah if you get yours first, you're buying the drinks in Melbourne hahaha ??

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Beffers said:

The processing of 300 visas is not tied to the wedding date.  A lot of applicants need to move their wedding date when the visa is processed quicker or slower than expected.

• Like 1

Hey guys! Long time no speak!

Thought i'd sign in and do a bit of an update on life. 

So I moved out here, to beautiful Busselton WA on April 1st 2016 after my PMV300 was approved on March 29 2016. I think it took just shy of 9 months to be approved. Our CO called me in Dec 2015 saying he had everything he needed and it was ready to go but as our wedding date was November 2016 he couldn't approve it yet, which was fine and gave me time with my family before I left. 

Fast forward just over a year, we got married (wooohooo!!) it was a beautiful day but abnormally warm for a South West spring day - 38 degrees! 

On Dec 16th 2016 we put in for our 820, my PMV 300 expired on Dec 29th and rolled straight into a bridging visa A (I was notified just before that this would happen and that I didn't have to do anything), had an email on March 15th asking my Husband (who is aussie) to get a police check and that's it so far. It's been almost 5 months, but we aren't holding out any hope for contact any time soon with those waiting lists. It's not a big deal as i'm here, I can work and if I need to get back to the UK or leave Australia I can apply for the BVB. The only frustration I guess, and it's very minor right now as we are not planning yet, is that if we have a baby I will not be entitled to any government benefits. So, all good really! 

• Like 3

On 28/04/2017 at 0:01 AM, MaggieMay24 said:

The processing of 300 visas is not tied to the wedding date.  A lot of applicants need to move their wedding date when the visa is processed quicker or slower than expected.

I thought it would not be approved until the wedding date was inside the 9 month timeline that you're given on the visa? So long as I dont get granted within the next 3/4 weeks I'll be fine. We've venue etc booked and also accommodation for my family so dont wanna be changing that lol 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, GooseRenders said:

Hey guys! Long time no speak!

Thought i'd sign in and do a bit of an update on life. 

So I moved out here, to beautiful Busselton WA on April 1st 2016 after my PMV300 was approved on March 29 2016. I think it took just shy of 9 months to be approved. Our CO called me in Dec 2015 saying he had everything he needed and it was ready to go but as our wedding date was November 2016 he couldn't approve it yet, which was fine and gave me time with my family before I left. 

Fast forward just over a year, we got married (wooohooo!!) it was a beautiful day but abnormally warm for a South West spring day - 38 degrees! 

On Dec 16th 2016 we put in for our 820, my PMV 300 expired on Dec 29th and rolled straight into a bridging visa A (I was notified just before that this would happen and that I didn't have to do anything), had an email on March 15th asking my Husband (who is aussie) to get a police check and that's it so far. It's been almost 5 months, but we aren't holding out any hope for contact any time soon with those waiting lists. It's not a big deal as i'm here, I can work and if I need to get back to the UK or leave Australia I can apply for the BVB. The only frustration I guess, and it's very minor right now as we are not planning yet, is that if we have a baby I will not be entitled to any government benefits. So, all good really! 

Awesome to hear its progressing! Waiting on my PMV visa too, 4 months in! 

Edited by Lever40
Typo
  • Like 1

Hi guys - another update from me...... I've just received my grant!! 309 & 100 granted simultaneously! :)

So all up took just under 3 months - applied 5 Feb and granted today 2 May.

Phew....now onto the packing, we fly in 9.5 weeks!

@Beffers - you're next!

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, TinaK said:

Hi guys - another update from me...... I've just received my grant!! 309 & 100 granted simultaneously! :)

@Beffers - you're next!

Whoop whoop!! You're buying the drinks in Melb cos you got yours first lol 

• Like 2

Hi guys - another update from me...... I've just received my grant!! 309 & 100 granted simultaneously! [emoji4]
[mention=237934]Beffers[/mention] - you're next!

Congrats!!! Excellent news [emoji122][emoji122]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, TinaK said:

@Beffers - you're next!

Yay! Congrats! Straight to 100 is awesome! 

@Beffers Id agree you'll be next! 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, lewnee said:

3 month mark for us is 11 of April, hopefully my partners PRV/100 comes through!! ??

Fingers crossed for you! Where you headed?

My 3 months is tomorrow! I had so much contact from CO chasing AFP last week, and I uploaded that on Thurs night. I know London office was closed 27/4-1/5, they reopened this morning! 

• Like 1