SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Went for my medical on Fri, there had been a cancellation so despite being contacted on Tue, I got done on the Fri. This was London.

For those yet to take it, it's not too scary.

Piss in a bottle.

Chest x-ray.

Some questions about your health history.

Strip to my boxers.

Weighed.

Height measured.

Looked in my ears.

Looked in my throat.

Looked in my eyes.

Listened to my lungs/heart front and back.

Tapped my knees for reflexes.

Tapped my stomach to check my liver.

Checked my eyesight.

Took a blood sample.

£295 (they don't take amex) thank you very much.

No cupping/coughing, no probing:shocked:

In and out under 45 mins I reckon.

Unzippy I will let my Hubby know. He has his tomorrow in Manchester.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Went for my medical on Fri, there had been a cancellation so despite being contacted on Tue, I got done on the Fri. This was London.

Piss in a bottle.

Chest x-ray.

Strip to my boxers.

Weighed.

Height measured.

Looked in my ears.

Looked in my throat.

Looked in my eyes.

Checked my eyesight.

Took a blood sample.

Has it been cleared on your immi account yet?

Nope. But they did say 3/4 working days, expect something about Wed/Thu.

Although Immi knows it has happened:

[h=3]"Examinations in progress

[/h]A panel clinic is currently processing this person's health examination(s) in eMedical. This screen will be updated once this person's case has been submitted to the department for processing. This may not occur until all results are finalised after the person has left the clinic. Ongoing delays should be followed up with the clinic in relation to the progress of your health examination results. Do not contact the department about this matter."

Nope. But they did say 3/4 working days, expect something about Wed/Thu.

Although Immi knows it has happened:

[h=3]"Examinations in progress

[/h]A panel clinic is currently processing this person's health examination(s) in eMedical. This screen will be updated once this person's case has been submitted to the department for processing. This may not occur until all results are finalised after the person has left the clinic. Ongoing delays should be followed up with the clinic in relation to the progress of your health examination results. Do not contact the department about this matter."

Ahh okay. Hopefully not long.

Just had further contact asking for another couple of joint bank statements. They are clearly working through all our documents hahaha god help them, I sent loads!

Re medical threads above, I was told by panel doc that the results are all sent to Immi and someone there assesses it (rather than the doctor themselves who just put down results and recommendations) and then the case officer changes the status to something like Approved or Passed.

Also was told that if you enter Australia on a tourist visa, and are granted the 100 permanent visa, that you don't have to leave the country for a grant as it's a permanent visa. It's only if it's a temporary visa like the 309 that you have to leave the country for your grant. Happy days!

Just had further contact asking for another couple of joint bank statements. They are clearly working through all our documents hahaha god help them, I sent loads!

Re medical threads above, I was told by panel doc that the results are all sent to Immi and someone there assesses it (rather than the doctor themselves who just put down results and recommendations) and then the case officer changes the status to something like Approved or Passed.

Also was told that if you enter Australia on a tourist visa, and are granted the 100 permanent visa, that you don't have to leave the country for a grant as it's a permanent visa. It's only if it's a temporary visa like the 309 that you have to leave the country for your grant. Happy days!

Ooo great that you've had more contact, at least you know they're working on it!

Interesting about not having to exit if you get granted the 100 visa too - bang goes the cheeky trip to NZ then! ;-) I guess the only issue will be if you go in on a tourist visa, immigration will expect you have a return/onward flight booked but I guess a fully flexible ticket will allow you to cancel? Am keeping everything crossed that it's granted before then so it's not an issue! One less stress to consider hopefully!

Piss in a bottle.

Chest x-ray.

Strip to my boxers.

Weighed.

Height measured.

Looked in my ears.

Looked in my throat.

Looked in my eyes.

Checked my eyesight.

Took a blood sample.

Thankfully no rubber glove treatment. !! Mine is gona cost €325 ive to go down to dublin next week.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

So.... who is excited !! :-) I was looking back a month at all of our posts; so much worrying going on. Now look at us all :-) ps all those still waiting, won't be long, you'll be next!

That's great things are moving along for you nicely @Beffers. I'm sure it won't be long. We sent lots of docs too, a few times I thought do they want this? Oh well, they're getting it ;-)

We didn't provide bank details (aside from one letter showing we had opened a joint account) and we didn't complete the two statements (from myself and my OH) as we thought as we had added that info on the online form why provide it again. No request for info, just a straight approval. We must have a CO who just wanted our file off their desk and to go home on time :-D

That's great things are moving along for you nicely @Beffers. I'm sure it won't be long. We sent lots of docs too, a few times I thought do they want this? Oh well, they're getting it ;-)

We didn't provide bank details (aside from one letter showing we had opened a joint account) and we didn't complete the two statements (from myself and my OH) as we thought as we had added that info on the online form why provide it again. No request for info, just a straight approval. We must have a CO who just wanted our file off their desk and to go home on time :-D

I've given up trying to work out how they work lol. If I get approval by mid June, I'll be happy! I only applied early Feb so early days really.

Lol re your caseworker. They were clearly needing a cold one after work and just said yes!!!

Ooo great that you've had more contact, at least you know they're working on it!

Interesting about not having to exit if you get granted the 100 visa too - bang goes the cheeky trip to NZ then! ;-) I guess the only issue will be if you go in on a tourist visa, immigration will expect you have a return/onward flight booked but I guess a fully flexible ticket will allow you to cancel? Am keeping everything crossed that it's granted before then so it's not an issue! One less stress to consider hopefully!

Would definitely be one less stress lol. Yeah tourist visa means leaving every 3 months, or applying onshore for one of the longer tourist visas!!

Well my Hubby has just got back from his medical, the Doctor said everything looked fine but the blood tests will take 24 hours. We don't know what to do, do we push the button to notify the department that all requested documents have been uploaded or do we wait for the health assessment to be no further action? What has everyone else done. We don't know of we push the button it will give the C/O the nod.

Well my Hubby has just got back from his medical, the Doctor said everything looked fine but the blood tests will take 24 hours. We don't know what to do, do we push the button to notify the department that all requested documents have been uploaded or do we wait for the health assessment to be no further action? What has everyone else done. We don't know of we push the button it will give the C/O the nod.

I'd wait. Wouldn't want them checking it then messaging you saying it's not there :/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is likely nothing more you can do. So pushing the button now is probably the right thing to do. The worst case is they require you to redo something in the medical (unlikely) or require more documents or informational which you won't know until you hit that button.

Lastly the most frustrating thing is to remember the CO is not on the other side anxiously waiting for you to press that button and is likely to process your information in their own sweet time regardless. (Sorry small dig at the process not you)

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

There is likely nothing more you can do. So pushing the button now is probably the right thing to do. The worst case is they require you to redo something in the medical (unlikely) or require more documents or informational which you won't know until you hit that button.

Lastly the most frustrating thing is to remember the CO is not on the other side anxiously waiting for you to press that button and is likely to process your information in their own sweet time regardless. (Sorry small dig at the process not you)

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

None taken. I know he will be in a queue now waiting for grant. We just said there is nothing else we can do. We have done everything asked so we are telling then that . Think we will push the button ?