SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Thanks Jacqui - I'm not sure how I would tell them about the situation within my application? Also not sure if that would make a difference? I might try and give them a call tomorrow to see what they advise but just noticed on the Australian High Commission UK website that they're saying 10-14 months for partner migration applications now... :-(

Hi and welcome @TinaK.

You can apply for other visas (and if you don't already have one then it shouldn't impact). There's no saying you will be approved for any visas however. You most likely will be ok but I would definitely check with Immigration. The official timeframes are 10-14 months however there's been a few on here that were 4, 5 and 6 months. One was even under 4 months! You just never know. However, all applications are different so it's apples and pears. Probably what is best for you is to enter on a tourist visa (although I'm not giving official advice, an immigration agent or IMMI would need to do that). There are people here who had applied for a visa and it hadn't been approved - however, they entered Australia on a visa that suited their circumstances and then waited for their Partner visa to be approved. It was and they have to leave Australia and re-enter on the approved Partner visa.

I hope that makes sense! I don't know anything about the e600 personally sorry and as mentioned, only a registered agent can actually give advice.

In your case, phone Immigration and ask. They will not give advice most likely, will simply say 'you can enter Australia on a visa that is suited to your circumstances' - fairly general advice.

There is a section on this forum 'ask an agent' might be worth asking your question in there.

All the very best!

Great seeing so many grants this week. I too got mine on Fri 10th Feb at 4.5 months. I submitted my application on 27th Sept and held off doing medical and police checks until the end of January. Submitted police check on 5th Feb and my visa appeared in my inbox 5 days later! I initially was going to wait until asked to do police and medical checks but wanted to keep things moving and so decided go ahead. I had no contact at all from c/o other than the formal visas (temp followed 1 min later by perm). Stick in there!

Thanks so much for the info and is great to hear of others in a similar situation - meant in the nicest way! So are you still planning to apply for a e600 so you can travel in June or are you hoping your 309/100 will be granted by then?

Were you contacted to get your police checks and medical done already? I'm wondering whether I should plough on and organise mine so they're done even though I haven't been asked. You're right though, there seems no logic behind who's applications are processed when which is the most frustrating thing.

There seems to have been a flurry of grants in the last few days though so hopefully they're speeding up - fingers crossed.

Hi, no worries, there's a few of us about! I'm hoping my 309/100 will be granted by the 15th June which is when we leave Singapore but will have an ETA just in case. I will probably apply on shore for an e600 if I have to tho!

I was contacted one week after submission and told to get meds and police checks done within 8 weeks, so have med booked for 31st March, and will apply for police checks around that time too. Definitely no rhyme or reason, I've given up trying to understand it lol.

Where are you hoping to migrate to?

B

Great seeing so many grants this week. I too got mine on Fri 10th Feb at 4.5 months. I submitted my application on 27th Sept and held off doing medical and police checks until the end of January. Submitted police check on 5th Feb and my visa appeared in my inbox 5 days later! I initially was going to wait until asked to do police and medical checks but wanted to keep things moving and so decided go ahead. I had no contact at all from c/o other than the formal visas (temp followed 1 min later by perm). Stick in there!

Thanks for this update FMR. It's good to hear when people applied and were granted, etc. Good luck with your move!

Does anyone know why all the posts from the 1st march onwards have been taken off the thread?

Yeah the site was upgraded and the folks that where moving the site from one server to another hadnt backed up since march 1st, hence all the missing pages. Its on the 'news and dilemmas' section of thd forum. Its a bit weird the missing pages , no one knows where to start from lol

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Yeah the site was upgraded and the folks that where moving the site from one server to another hadnt backed up since march 1st, hence all the missing pages. Its on the 'news and dilemmas' section of thd forum. Its a bit weird the missing pages , no one knows where to start from lol

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Just had a read..

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I hadn't posted since the grant but just to confirm. Now in Oz. Applying for Tax number, bank account and medicare today.

Job hunting tomorrow.

Well maybe next Monday.

Let me know how you get on fella. We've already got the account, asked medicare if they could start processing me but said I need my visa number.

Hello new to the thread!

My husband submitted late Nov 2016, received C/O on 13th Feb and submitted medical and background check 6th March.

Our visa agent told us there's been some delays at the embassy but hoping we'll have the visa by end May.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got first C/O contact today! Request for medicals and Police checks! Was 2 months yesterday since submitted.

Snap.

Just been emailed asking for my Med and Police but also the Wife's police checks. I'm sure I didn't read that in the application notes!

Police check from the UK and Aus for her...

Snap.

Just been emailed asking for my Med and Police but also the Wife's police checks. I'm sure I didn't read that in the application notes!

Police check from the UK and Aus for her...

New Law came in if you applied after the 28th November that sponsors have to have police check aswell.

That's great news. How long have they gave you to submit?

Im assuming that its standard 4 weeks, I haven't read through it all yet as I'm working and so much to do lol. got my medical booked for the 22nd during my lunch break.

Sorry, another question.

Once/when/if the visa is approved I have a certain amount of time to get to Aus. How long is that time? I suspect it depends on the Police and Medical checks?

Depends on visa, Im on a PMV 300 so from the day that mine is granted then Ive 9 months to get married and submit my 2nd PR Visa

For anyone looking to fly out of London around end of August, I spied very cheap one way fares to a few Australian cities flying with Singapore Airlines (via Singapore). Around the £300 mark. May have risen since I noted the flights this afternoon carrying out research. Just thought I would mention in case of interest.

For anyone looking to fly out of London around end of August, I spied very cheap one way fares to a few Australian cities flying with Singapore Airlines (via Singapore). Around the £300 mark. May have risen since I noted the flights this afternoon carrying out research. Just thought I would mention in case of interest.

That's worth a look. Thanks Ozzie. Was this on Skyscanner. We live near Manchester which would be easier but if the price is better we will travel to London.