SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

I hope your right Ozzie. This stress is making me ill. It's all I'm thinking about.

Even of we have contact my husband still has his medical and police check.

How long does the police check take to come back?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

All I can say, and it definitely worked with myself as I was getting myself all fashed worrying about this, is that just know that the grant will come, it has its date in the future and it will be there. Nothing you can do - no amount of stress - no amount of worry will make it come sooner. Do other things here that make you happy, spend lots of time with your kids and your hubby + and your friends. The police check took about four days to arrive really quick.

All I can say, and it definitely worked with myself as I was getting myself all fashed worrying about this, is that just know that the grant will come, it has its date in the future and it will be there. Nothing you can do - no amount of stress - no amount of worry will make it come sooner. Do other things here that make you happy, spend lots of time with your kids and your hubby + and your friends. The police check took about four days to arrive really quick.

You are right, when I called the Europe centre last week they told me that a C/O would be in contact soon. I did think I wonder if it would be this week.

I have read on other posts that when they contact for medical they give 28 days to complete. If they were to contact tomorrow 28 days take us to just over 5 months.

It is no pattern, 2 people get granted that applied start of Sept. And then yourself at the end of Oct.

Ahh well tomorrow is another new day. [emoji16]

Thanks Hun...relieved, excited and happy...yes 2nd September so just shy of 6 month wait x

Ahh bet you are. Well done.

I wonder if they will start on October now. It looks like grants are being made between 5 and half months and 6.

In that case they need to send us a email to request medical and police check as they give 28 days. X

Ahhh, it's a long wait.

We are 4 and half months and not heard anything, waiting for the c/o to request medical and police check.

Its been a very long 4 months.

Its so sporadic, been so many lately that are from 5.5 weeks to over 7 months with front loaded and requested. Once I get to your stage I might do my medicals and police checks along as it falls within the 14 month maximum.

Wow....a real flurry today....I got a phone call at 12.30....grant st 1pm!! Yay!!!we're all on our way 

Awesome!! So many this week!

Its so sporadic, been so many lately that are from 5.5 weeks to over 7 months with front loaded and requested. Once I get to your stage I might do my medicals and police checks along as it falls within the 14 month maximum.

Awesome!! So many this week!

I want my Hubby to do his now, but he likes to do things by the book and wait to be asked.

Another bit of good news! WHat other forum are you on ?

I'm not on another forum, I just read posts, think it's something like British Expats in Oz or the like. I just read a post where someone was saying they thought there would be a stack of approvals this week, seems like this person was right!

Hi Tina

First up, this site is a godsend in chatting to others who are going through the partner visa process.

I've spoken to Service Centre about e600 as we are planning to travel to Oz, and arrive on 16th June. The lady on the phone told me that I needed to let them know that was our intention as my Visa could be granted anytime from May onwards. She also advised that I could either travel on an ETA and apply for the e600 onshore (recommended) or I could apply for an e600 this end, but I'd need to let them know so that it doesn't affect partner application. The one other thing she said to me was that if I was to enter Australia on any temporary tourist visa, that I would definitely need to have a return/onward flight to get through Immigration on arrival.

Whilst processing times are listed as 9 months, there have been cases recently going through in 3-5 months, and there's no rhyme or reason why some are being granted quicker than others, so it seems. You'll start to realise that when you hear everyone's story!

Your situation is close to mine, we applied 3rd February 2017. We've been married 11 years, together 14 years and have one daughter, who's Aussie citizen.

B

Thanks so much for the info and is great to hear of others in a similar situation - meant in the nicest way! So are you still planning to apply for a e600 so you can travel in June or are you hoping your 309/100 will be granted by then?

Were you contacted to get your police checks and medical done already? I'm wondering whether I should plough on and organise mine so they're done even though I haven't been asked. You're right though, there seems no logic behind who's applications are processed when which is the most frustrating thing.

There seems to have been a flurry of grants in the last few days though so hopefully they're speeding up - fingers crossed.

Wow....a real flurry today....I got a phone call at 12.30....grant st 1pm!! Yay!!!we're all on our way 

Sorry I missed this in all the chatter, that's awesome @Vicki1 ! So brilliant so many have been granted, I just know there will be more this week, stay tuned folk !