SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Hi!! If you are interested in government jobs within Queensland Corrective Servuces (similar to our prison service) $250 million dollars has just been invested into an employment drive, creating hundreds of new jobs! And it's the first time ever that you don't need a degree to apply (not sure if you have one) the information I have been sent by them states that will recruiting at the beginning of April! My contact there is very keen to get me working ASAP, but I have decided to extend my maternity leave with my two year old so I can ensure her first year there is nice and settled (plus I want another baby before I'm 30, I'm so broody!)

not sure if you were looking at Queensland or jobs in that area, but it's always nice to have help and ideas when we're all in this together xx

Yes we are looking at QLD, we are moving to Noosa. I will get Hubby to have a look. Thank you for the info. That sound lovely to extend mat leave. X

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

This is frustrating to hear!! I really think it depends on who picks up the phone when calling!! Would you consider going down the tourist visa route then having a little holiday once been granted? Xx

I think it does, maybe we will hear soon. Hubby won't do that either, he likes doing things by the book, (must be the job lol). We also want the house sold before we go

Hi everyone,

My Hubby has nearly finished his CV and is ready to start looking and applying for jobs. Obviously he knows he can't get a job without his visa, but he wanted to put the feelers out.

We have read that Australain's layout their CV in a different way to the UK. We were just wondering if anyone else has done a CV and would be happy to let us see a edited version of it, or let us know what you included in your CV.

Thanks

I arrived yesterday, jet lagged so online at this time of the morning!

validating is certainly an underwhelming process. In these days of electronic records and no stamps I made a point of actually asking if they could see I was a resident and arriving before the entry date. They did say I was recorded as pr. I'm not expecting balloons and an aboriginal dance welcome but it did get me thinking though as I'm going back to uk until after my latest entry what evidence do I have I have validated....

a tip tip for those travelling, I took a copy of the grant letter with me and u need it. The airlines can't see you have a visa and did ask me to show evidence of a visa

Happy Monday(s) everyone! I woke up today feeling very excited about our move - don't you love it when that happens? Yes, I know our approval is most likely ages away but it's such a lovely feeling that we're 'on on way' so to speak. I'm still not wishing my life away hoping for that visa email however, just a lovely feeling.

I just read this morning on another forum similar to this that there is a push on grants. Not sure where this info has come from.

separately - spoke to OH about CV's. They said it's not that much different to the UK but you usually have to write a cover letter as well. Cover letter should be personable and not reams long - friendly, professional and listing your highlights and why you're the best candidate for the job. It should have the employers stated contact details up the top and be formal in the sense of Dear Mrs XXX and signed off Yours faithfully. Make sure you list the exact job title and/or reference number in the subject line and also where you saw the job advertised ie: I am writing to you with reference to XXXX JOB as noted in Happy Ozzie Times Newspaper on Saturday 31st Feb. OH said this is from 14 years ago experience however so may have changed slightly.

Edited by Guest

Happy Monday(s) everyone! I woke up today feeling very excited about our move - don't you love it when that happens? Yes, I know our approval is most likely ages away but it's such a lovely feeling that we're 'on on way' so to speak. I'm still not wishing my life away hoping for that visa email however, just a lovely feeling.

I just read this morning on another forum similar to this that there is a push on grants. Not sure where this info has come from.

Happy Monday Ozzie. ?

Before I read your post I thought you had got the email.

What other forum was this on. The new year for visas starts in 1st July.

I wouldn't think they would be slowing down yet

What other forum was this on. The new year for visas starts in 1st July.

I wouldn't think they would be slowing down yet

I don't understand, why would they be slowing down? As stated I read there was a push on grants ie: faster than the norm. No idea if correct or not.

I don't understand, why would they be slowing down? As stated I read there was a push on grants ie: faster than the norm. No idea if correct or not.

The understanding I have of it is they have a visa quota this runs from July to June, and they have so many visas in that year, when that's runs out you have to wait for the new year to start.

But then I read that partner visas are not capped or queued

The understanding I have of it is they have a visa quota this runs from July to June, and they have so many visas in that year, when that's runs out you have to wait for the new year to start.

I've read the exact opposite. They have no quota for Partner (subclasses 309/100 and 820/801). States it here https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Brin/Fami/Capping-and-queuing

Perhaps there is a push on due to caseload, who knows. As mentioned I don't even know if it's correct info for not, just read it on a forum.

Edited by Guest

I've read the exact opposite. They have no quota for partner visa.

I just found the 2015/2016 report for migration programme on the boarder website.

In the year 15/16 the outcome for partner category was 47,825. This outcome comprised 83.3 per cent of the total family stream, comprising 43,181 spouse and 4644 fiance visas.

I arrived yesterday, jet lagged so online at this time of the morning!

validating is certainly an underwhelming process. In these days of electronic records and no stamps I made a point of actually asking if they could see I was a resident and arriving before the entry date. They did say I was recorded as pr. I'm not expecting balloons and an aboriginal dance welcome but it did get me thinking though as I'm going back to uk until after my latest entry what evidence do I have I have validated....

a tip tip for those travelling, I took a copy of the grant letter with me and u need it. The airlines can't see you have a visa and did ask me to show evidence of a visa

Welcome to Oz! Hope the flight was not too taxing. Good idea re have a copy of the grant letter. I remember once when we visited Oz (and I had a electronic visit visa) the airline staff said they had no record of my visa and were suggesting I may not be able to travel! Luckily I had printed a copy of the visa. Turned out the person checking us in wasn't really that competent and had to involve three other people who located it electronically in about 30 seconds.