SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Worst thing is that they say the max processing time is a day. If it's linked to the partner visa and they've held the evisitor then tell me, don't leave me in limbo.

Imagine if mine isn't granted by next Thursday haha.

I would call them, and they need to tell you either way. As you are flying next week, you need a visa.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Just had a mini panic.

I can visit my wife for three months but then will need to come back if still no grant. I'm expecting to fly on 04th or 05th March. When I book. My ticket I'll try to contact them to advise that I'm travelling.

I've also uploaded some extra evidence of our whatapp log of calls during our separation.

Just got the evisitor grant - email was sent at 4.29am which to me says they're processed in Oz and not the UK embassy. If that's the case then I don't think they actually discuss the evisitor with a CO.

Would love my partner visa within the next week before I go but chances look slimmer and slimmer.

Case Officers do work on other types of Visa.

I'm completely new to the application process (although been following this site off n on for a few years) but recently I've been led to believe that there must be a kind of Triage, as I only applied recently and was asked to submit my medical and police checks within 8 weeks, and my medical referral letter was marked 100 (which the panel doctor with whom I've booked my medical said that means they're putting me through as a 100 rather than a 309). When I rang and spoke with European Call Centre to query about panel doctors (we live in Northern Ireland and there are none here, so I'd have to travel to GB, or would they accept an Irish panel doctor from Dublin which is obviously outside UK jurisdiction), the Call Centre asked when we were definitely travelling to Australia (as we are planning a reccie and I had put this in my application documents), I said hopefully late May/early June 2017, and she asked me to ensure that I let them know as that would be around the time that my partner visa was due to be granted (if it wasn't granted before that), and I would need to be out of the country for granting, but she said if I was in Oz, I could just fly to New Zealand for a few days so they could grant the visa, and that this was quite common, people going across on tourist visas to sit it out. She also told me not to expect contact from the office until visa grant and not to worry, as that was quite normal due to caseworkers' extensive workloads. So, like everyone else, it's a waiting game!!!

Our application is straight forward in terms of together 14 years, defacto for 12.5 of that, and married for 11 years, with one daughter who's an aussie citizen, Australian marriage certificate, Australian bank account held jointly for 4+ years and 12+ years of joint financial evidence.

Did not know this about the visa class on the referral letter. I applied for 309 but it says 100 on my letter, I didn't think much of it at the time but if it is processing as a 100 I'll be quite happy! Seems most visa applicants are being granted 100s straight from the off so it would make sense. Thanks for the bit of positive news. 4.5 months in so taking what i can get in terms of 'news' haha!

Did not know this about the visa class on the referral letter. I applied for 309 but it says 100 on my letter, I didn't think much of it at the time but if it is processing as a 100 I'll be quite happy! Seems most visa applicants are being granted 100s straight from the off so it would make sense. Thanks for the bit of positive news. 4.5 months in so taking what i can get in terms of 'news' haha!

Have you had contact hayleykj?

Yeah most do go to the 100. Good thing too!

Lol re "news" - I'm sure by the time I'm 4-5 months in, I'll be chomping at the bit!!!! Good luck!

Just had a mini panic.

I can visit my wife for three months but then will need to come back if still no grant. I'm expecting to fly on 04th or 05th March. When I book. My ticket I'll try to contact them to advise that I'm travelling.

I've also uploaded some extra evidence of our whatapp log of calls during our separation.

Well, you shouldn't need to come back to UK after 3 months. Don't those visas last for a year in 3 month blocks, so you could fly to Bari/NZ then fly back again? There's another bloke on here who does that. The call centre recommended to me that I apply for the e600 tourist visa that lasts 12 months with no need to fly offshore. It's more pricey tho, about £180 I think. She also told me you can fly on ETA and apply for e600 onshore too.

Have you had contact hayleykj?

Nope, nothing. Going on the pretense that no news is good news. Positive timelines coming through on this forum which is great but annoying that they are 'in a queue' yet being granted all out of order!

Nope, nothing. Going on the pretense that no news is good news. Positive timelines coming through on this forum which is great but annoying that they are 'in a queue' yet being granted all out of order!

Have you done medical and police check, I remember you saying you were going to do them but hadn't had the email. We are 4 months on Sat, no contact, and haven't done medical or police check yet .

Have you done medical and police check, I remember you saying you were going to do them but hadn't had the email. We are 4 months on Sat, no contact, and haven't done medical or police check yet .

Yes I front-loaded. I emailed the European Centre and they confirmed I had a CO on Jan 18th, other that that, no contact and no change on the immi account.

"Please note that your application has already been assigned a caseofficer.

Your caseofficer will liaise with you once the preliminary assessment of

your application is completed. Unfortunately we are unable to give you a

specific time frame and thus we ask you to wait patiently for further

instructions."

Applied: Oct 6th

Medical: Nov 4th

Police Check Uploaded: Jan 5th

Yes I front-loaded. I emailed the European Centre and they confirmed I had a CO on Jan 18th, other that that, no contact and no change on the immi account.

"Please note that your application has already been assigned a caseofficer.

Your caseofficer will liaise with you once the preliminary assessment of

your application is completed. Unfortunately we are unable to give you a

specific time frame and thus we ask you to wait patiently for further

instructions."

Applied: Oct 6th

Medical: Nov 4th

Police Check Uploaded: Jan 5th

Hopefully it will be soon. So stressful.

Hopefully it will be soon. So stressful.

Fingers crossed for everyone here. I'm a do-er if there's a task outstanding, I get it out the way. I'm in the process of selling assets and winding down direct debits etc, I'm making so much progress with everything else and whilst I don't 'need' the visa until the (UK) summer it'll just be one less thing to worry about. I'm going traveling next friday so hopefully they don't ask me for anymore evidence as this will be difficult to present, this is part of the reason i front-loaded.

Fingers crossed for everyone here. I'm a do-er if there's a task outstanding, I get it out the way. I'm in the process of selling assets and winding down direct debits etc, I'm making so much progress with everything else and whilst I don't 'need' the visa until the (UK) summer it'll just be one less thing to worry about. I'm going traveling next friday so hopefully they don't ask me for anymore evidence as this will be difficult to present, this is part of the reason i front-loaded.

Good for you. I. The same as you, getting everything in order. We are putting the house on the market start of March, I know they say not to till the visa is granted. I just hope we hear about medical before that . Good luck and have fun travelling.

Well, you shouldn't need to come back to UK after 3 months. Don't those visas last for a year in 3 month blocks, so you could fly to Bari/NZ then fly back again? There's another bloke on here who does that. The call centre recommended to me that I apply for the e600 tourist visa that lasts 12 months with no need to fly offshore. It's more pricey tho, about £180 I think. She also told me you can fly on ETA and apply for e600 onshore too.

They supposedly do. However I was warned by someone who did that on the second re-entry he was held at the airport. Questioned and told that he was abusing his visa and was only just let back into australia.

Thanks for the tip. Just had a minor wobble of confidence.

They supposedly do. However I was warned by someone who did that on the second re-entry he was held at the airport. Questioned and told that he was abusing his visa and was only just let back into australia.

Thanks for the tip. Just had a minor wobble of confidence.

Jeez. That's a bit horrendous! Can understand your wobble!! With a bit of luck, you should get your 309/100 before you need to leave Oz for the first time!! Fingers crossed!

Jeez. That's a bit horrendous! Can understand your wobble!! With a bit of luck, you should get your 309/100 before you need to leave Oz for the first time!! Fingers crossed!

Found out the solution. You can apply for a EVisitor 600 onshore which costs $180 dollars and can be granted up to 12 months with no requirement to leave.

Found out the solution. You can apply for a EVisitor 600 onshore which costs $180 dollars and can be granted up to 12 months with no requirement to leave.

I assume you would still have to leave for your partner visa (in my case PMV 300) to be granted?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Has anyone had any issues or experience with rectifying a mistake on their application? I've muddle dates and I'm wondering if I should wait for the CO to ask me or to try and contact them (even though I don't have their info)?

I'm worried they'll see it and throw it in the bin straight away thinking I've lied or something. Or is the visa team are compassionate and want to help people get their visas? I have this image in my head that they'll be looking for reasons not to grant, perhaps I'm just being pessimistic and thinking the worst. Just wondering if anyone, who has actually has a conversation with their CO, has found them to be helpful or purely investigative?

So yesterday we got our visa granted it took just under 8 months we were 1 week off

it just goes to show its pure luck of the draw in terms of timings and every single person is different

That's fab news. Well done. Did you apply from London? Was your application straight forward?