SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Did it say subclass 309 or 100 on the letter.

Ours said permanent 100 - So i was mostly wondering if they all said that as that is ultimately the end result for the application process - or if ours had been looked at, and put through to that status already (wishful thinking!)

Hey everyone - just wanted to let you know that we got the email asking my husband to go for his health examination and the police check today. I am so relieved!

Fabulous news! Breathe a sigh of relief there @ashabree

I decided today that I'm going to stop wishing and wishing for things to proceed... feel like I'm wishing my life away here! I'm now going to try to go with the flow and open myself up to the knowledge that the approval will be here one day.

Fabulous news! Breathe a sigh of relief there @ashabree

I decided today that I'm going to stop wishing and wishing for things to proceed... feel like I'm wishing my life away here! I'm now going to try to go with the flow and open myself up to the knowledge that the approval will be here one day.

Well said, me too. So much to be thankful for :-)

Does anyone know when the Sponsors immi account changes. Mine still says submitted.

I have heard that it doesn't always change.

We had an email this afternoon asking for more information. We have been given 28 days to submit the evidence requested - amongst it is the Police Check, and I assume It flagged because my Husband medical was done yesterday. I have to say though, I'm a bit shocked at how quickly we have had contact, and I just hope that after the 28 day deadline, we don't end up having to wait ages!!

I have heard that it doesn't always change.

We had an email this afternoon asking for more information. We have been given 28 days to submit the evidence requested - amongst it is the Police Check, and I assume It flagged because my Husband medical was done yesterday. I have to say though, I'm a bit shocked at how quickly we have had contact, and I just hope that after the 28 day deadline, we don't end up having to wait ages!!

When did you apply?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

We applied on the 18th October and have had no contact at all. We haven't done medicals or police check. Is your application straight forward?

I assume its straight forward! ;-) Been married 7 years and have 3 children (all Australian citizens). The request for more info included asking for evidence of 'sponsor' obtaining british citizenship - we just overlooked actually uploading my certificate, but had provided both of my passports.

ahh okay, makes me think, if they scan through the applications to see if all documents are there they need and make contact if there is something missing. We are 15 years together, 10 years married with 2 kids who are citizens.

I called last week and they told me we had a C\O and they would be in contact soon to organise medical and police check.

God knows how long that will be.

ahh okay, makes me think, if they scan through the applications to see if all documents are there they need and make contact if there is something missing. We are 15 years together, 10 years married with 2 kids who are citizens.

I called last week and they told me we had a C\O and they would be in contact soon to organise medical and police check.

God knows how long that will be.

I hope its not long for any of us!!

Uhtred I really hope you get yours in 3 weeks.

You and me both - I'm playing down my chances though as not to be disappointed.

I did think the other day, do you think they tell you to wait for your PC/medical contact as to slow down the processing? I mean if every application was front loaded and needed no additional info then there's no opportunity to buy themselves time etc.

I did think the other day, do you think they tell you to wait for your PC/medical contact as to slow down the processing? I mean if every application was front loaded and needed no additional info then there's no opportunity to buy themselves time etc.

That is very true. We shall see in 3 weeks. I haven't heard anyone in August get grants yet though in January.

I doubt it. Keep in mind your validation clock starts ticking from police check or medical, whichever is done first. So getting them done and front loading means you just leave yourself less time in which to validate, more so if the processing time runs to the longer timeframe.

Plus CO deal with other applications outside of partner visas so have plenty to keep themselves busy with.

Interesting way to look at it, but why not? surely it helps them as its all done and no need to request....?

Jacquiandpaul - there has been a couple August grants come through, so there is hope!

Has anyone been given the 28 day deadline to provide additional evidence and then gone on to have grant quickly after that, or is it another lengthy wait??

There was someone on another forum who got back to them within a week and has been waiting 2 months since. I think it varies from CO to CO on when they request documents and then when they make a decision.

I'm still not even sure if someone else checks it first, makes sure you have everything in place and then passes it on.

There was someone on another forum who got back to them within a week and has been waiting 2 months since. I think it varies from CO to CO on when they request documents and then when they make a decision.

I'm still not even sure if someone else checks it first, makes sure you have everything in place and then passes it on.

Maybe they don't require any further info from us and they are just waiting to 5 months to ask for medical and police check.

I assume its straight forward! ;-) Been married 7 years and have 3 children (all Australian citizens). The request for more info included asking for evidence of 'sponsor' obtaining british citizenship - we just overlooked actually uploading my certificate, but had provided both of my passports.

Hi. That's great news about your contact. Hopefully quick and easy from now on.

Can I check - you have a British passport however you needed to prove citizenship with a certificate?

Hi. That's great news about your contact. Hopefully quick and easy from now on.

Can I check - you have a British passport however you needed to prove citizenship with a certificate?

Thats correct! They have just asked for evidence as to how i obtained the citizenship. So I assume my citizenship certificate! I'll add in the formal photo of receiving itfor good measure ;-)