SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Probably something to do with Brexit the fact that it's so busy... I don't mind if mine's not granted by the time we leave for aus so long as they allow me a tourist visa as I'm happy to wait it out and have sufficient funds to do so. Might apply for my evistior visa now as they're valid for 12 months. At least I'll be able to make alternate plans if it gets rejected... Sorry, thinking aloud!

Drinks all round tonight I think!

I wondered about this. If we had an application for OH for a partner visa, however it hadn't been approved when we go to move to Australia, what type of visa we could obtain for OH.

If we selected visitor visa, however, with the intent of staying and waiting for the partner visa approval we would in effect not be telling the truth to the immigration officer on arrival who would most likely ask our reasons for visiting. They will be able to see the application for our partner visa in their system. I would want to tell the truth but worry they would say well you're not visiting are you and send us packing. I hate being a worrier.

I also phoned the customer contact centre today and we do have a case officer also. The lady I spoke to was very helpful and although couldn't tell me the CO name (I didn't ask anyway - irrelevant) they said that our application was in the process of being reviewed - not just 'allocated awaiting review'. We submitted our application end October last year. I asked the person at the contact centre about my concerns re visitor visa and partner visa if we had to enter Australia before partner visa was approved. She just said this is pretty common as people don't want to be separated from family and kids start school etc.. She just said that the officer would judge us on arrival. So I'm still worrying! We do need to be in Australia for mid to late June.

That's good news that you have a C/O also. This must mean that all October cases are now being reviewed.

Lets hope for some grants from September in the next couple of weeks and then we should know more.

Where in OZ are you moving to Ozzie?

I wondered about this. If we had an application for OH for a partner visa, however it hadn't been approved when we go to move to Australia, what type of visa we could obtain for OH.

If we selected visitor visa, however, with the intent of staying and waiting for the partner visa approval we would in effect not be telling the truth to the immigration officer on arrival who would most likely ask our reasons for visiting. They will be able to see the application for our partner visa in their system. I would want to tell the truth but worry they would say well you're not visiting are you and send us packing. I hate being a worrier.

I also phoned the customer contact centre today and we do have a case officer also. The lady I spoke to was very helpful and although couldn't tell me the CO name (I didn't ask anyway - irrelevant) they said that our application was in the process of being reviewed - not just 'allocated awaiting review'. We submitted our application end October last year. I asked the person at the contact centre about my concerns re visitor visa and partner visa if we had to enter Australia before partner visa was approved. She just said this is pretty common as people don't want to be separated from family and kids start school etc.. She just said that the officer would judge us on arrival. So I'm still worrying! We do need to be in Australia for mid to late June.

Lets hope that Trump does say that. lol

the exchange rate was terrible when we submitted our application, put it up by £400.

We need to sell our house here as we have equity in it and i would rather buy than rent in OZ.

well we all face the exchange rate problem I suppose... We wont sell our house and rent it instead because we refuse to move our money for less than $2.00 It's cheaper to rent for 5 years then move your money at $2.00 than move it at $1.50 now

thing is it was $1.47 when I lived in oz in 2011-2013 it went back to $2.05 ish in 2015 now its $1.63 it only needs Donald trump to say Australia is a stupid country and it will be back over $2.00 within a month ;)

Great news about your C/O too Ozzie.

If it makes you feel better I have taken the risk and booked flights to Aus for June 29th which will be 9 months in. I'm relying on the partner visa or holiday visa being granted before then. I am only flying from Bali though so not far to turn back if the worst happens!

I would be honest with the immigration officers. Say you booked hoping that the visa would be granted (as processing times previously stated 5 months) but are settling for a holiday visa to attend whatever it is you need to attend in mid june. We booked the 29th because its my OH sisters 18th and we want to surprise her. I've only seen one person on here that has been refused a holiday visa and they were from a high risk country.

Stay positive! :)

hayllekj do you live in Bali? have you applied via London?

Great news about your C/O too Ozzie.

If it makes you feel better I have taken the risk and booked flights to Aus for June 29th which will be 9 months in. I'm relying on the partner visa or holiday visa being granted before then. I am only flying from Bali though so not far to turn back if the worst happens!

I would be honest with the immigration officers. Say you booked hoping that the visa would be granted (as processing times previously stated 5 months) but are settling for a holiday visa to attend whatever it is you need to attend in mid june. We booked the 29th because its my OH sisters 18th and we want to surprise her. I've only seen one person on here that has been refused a holiday visa and they were from a high risk country.

Stay positive! :)

hayllekj do you live in Bali? have you applied via London?

No, we live in the UK at the moment but on our way to Aus we're stopping for a holiday in Amsterdam then Bali. So worst case scenario I waste a £100 flight ticket from Bali to Aus. Hope that makes sense. Bali is a cheap place to wait out a visa, not to mention beautiful :)

Yep understand now. yes Bali is amazing we stayed there for 10 nights last year on our way home from OZ.

No, we live in the UK at the moment but on our way to Aus we're stopping for a holiday in Amsterdam then Bali. So worst case scenario I waste a £100 flight ticket from Bali to Aus. Hope that makes sense. Bali is a cheap place to wait out a visa, not to mention beautiful :)

Yep understand now. yes Bali is amazing we stayed there for 10 nights last year on our way home from OZ.

I haven't been yet but I've heard nothing but good things. Can't be too different from S.E Asia. Here's hoping it doesn't get that far though!

Where did you stay? We're looking for somewhere with a private pool etc, flashy but not too extortionate...

It is amazing, we stayed in Seminyak in a private villa with pool but in the grounds of a hotel aswell, it was a 5 min walk from eat street, we had to get a taxi to the beach but they are so cheap it's fine.

we stayed in

http://www.mutiarabali.com/

Breakfast was included and they came and cooked it in the villa every morning.

Amazing.

I haven't been yet but I've heard nothing but good things. Can't be too different from S.E Asia. Here's hoping it doesn't get that far though!

Where did you stay? We're looking for somewhere with a private pool etc, flashy but not too extortionate...

Uhtred, that's really good. did they say if they waited to be contacted for medical and police check, or front loaded the application?

From what I can gather they waited. Timeline as follows:

Applied - 15/08

Police Check - 11/09

CO Assigned - 09/12

Medical - 09/12

Grant - 16/01

This might be the case where the were waiting and funnily enough their medical request came the same day they had booked and had it done.

Either way that was their only contact from a CO.

Edited by Uhtred

That sounds good. Looks like you will be on track for Feb grant.

What forum is it on?

Would be interested to speak with them.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I'm assuming I'd have heard from my CO by now if there was anything missing after 4 months. Let's hope my 5 months is on track.

Edited by MaggieMay24
Removed reference to other forum.

Visa approved this morning woop! Straight to 100 permanent resident, took a little longer than some which made me nervous, timings below;

Visa submitted 22nd July 2016

CO assigned 8th Sep

Police checks uploaded 22nd Sep

Medical completed 28th Sep

Approved 17th Jan

Off to Sydney later this year with my wife and young kids, selling up our house and aim to purchase - just need the pound to strengthen or might have to rent for a while!

Thanks to everyone on this forum, it's really been a great help

Nick

Visa approved this morning woop! Straight to 100 permanent resident, took a little longer than some which made me nervous, timings below;

CO assigned 8th Sep

Approved 17th Jan

Off to Sydney later this year with my wife and young kids, selling up our house and aim to purchase - just need the pound to strengthen or might have to rent for a while!

Nick

Superb news.

Was your application straightforward? No other factors for them to consider etc....6 months is a little longer than the majority of the 5 month turnarounds at the moment.

Did you ever find out your CO initial?

CO assigned 8th Sep

Approved 17th Jan

Nick

Fantastic news.

Did you wait for your C/O to be assigned before you did medical and police check?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

From what I can gather they waited. Timeline as follows:

Applied - 15/08

Police Check - 11/09

CO Assigned - 09/12

Medical - 09/12

Grant - 16/01

This might be the case where the were waiting and funnily enough their medical request came the same day they had booked and had it done.

Either way that was their only contact from a CO.

that's the same dates as me almost to the day

CO assigned 8th Sep

Approved 17th Jan

Nick

More good news coming through! Congrats!

Does anyone know how you know your uploads have been looked at? Mine are all green/received but I was wondering if the status changes after they've been looked at? I doubt they do as nothing else seems to be that clear!

Superb news.

Was your application straightforward? No other factors for them to consider etc....6 months is a little longer than the majority of the 5 month turnarounds at the moment.

Did you ever find out your CO initial?

Very straight forward, married 8 yrs with 3 kids all with Aussie passports! only thing I can think of is my wife applied for her UK citizenship and was approved in December, after which I updated my application

Didn't get CO initials