SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Even though I did call, I might drop them a similar email in a week or two. My circumstances are almost identical to yours - we fly 23/02 - 17/03 and also have a young child with us. I want to activate the visa in Feb as opposed to returning again in September out of ease on us if anything.

I see you mention your CO contacting you within a month, was this to request a medical etc? Did you have any other contact?

Actually it was an email in September from "family Migration" in London asking for medical and police checks for OZ and UK together with some missing / replacement evidence. I had absolutely no other contact or correspondence at all from them. I can understand that they don't want to waste time on emailing but to spend $7000 on a one way process where you cant contact them easily is frustrating at times

I should add the September email said I had 70 days to do everything listed or else the decision would be based on what was submitted at that time. So if I had waited until today to get my medicals done I would have been rejected I suppose!

Edited by Pingpoma

Happy New Year! I think you'll hear this or next week! We have booked the medical (in Manchester) and my husband was told he will need to take his underpants off - not sure why but she felt the need to tell him!! We've been imagining all sorts of scenarios!! Haha

LOL – I actually laughed out loud when I read your message. A very strange thing to mention on the phone – but nice to be prepared with some nicer underwear perhaps… ;)

It’s been almost 5 months for us now, and we’ve still not had any contact. I see that others have case officers having applied slightly after us. I hope the application is ok.

LOL – I actually laughed out loud when I read your message. A very strange thing to mention on the phone – but nice to be prepared with some nicer underwear perhaps… ;)

It’s been almost 5 months for us now, and we’ve still not had any contact. I see that others have case officers having applied slightly after us. I hope the application is ok.

Can you tell me a little more about your application, where you're from and how you submitted? I'm British, Aussie partner lodged online in October so still well within the processing time. Just hate the waiting!

Can you tell me a little more about your application, where you're from and how you submitted? I'm British, Aussie partner lodged online in October so still well within the processing time. Just hate the waiting!

Hi @hayleykj! I am Australian, my husband is the applicant, he’s British. We’ve been together 12 years, married 6, 2 kids (both Australian citizens by descent and have Australian passports). We applied on August 21st, online application from UK.

The waiting is excruciating, but it’s not unreasonable as they do state 10-14 months processing on the site. It’s just hard when you see applications from just a few weeks earlier being granted within the time we’ve been waiting for the initial contact. Hopefully it wont be too much longer.

Hi @hayleykj! I am Australian, my husband is the applicant, he’s British. We’ve been together 12 years, married 6, 2 kids (both Australian citizens by descent and have Australian passports). We applied on August 21st, online application from UK.

The waiting is excruciating, but it’s not unreasonable as they do state 10-14 months processing on the site. It’s just hard when you see applications from just a few weeks earlier being granted within the time we’ve been waiting for the initial contact. Hopefully it wont be too much longer.

Where does it say 10-14 months on the site? I thought LR countries lodged outside Aus were 5 months?

Yeah I definitely understand that. There's a guy who applied a little before me and he's all done. Just wish the process was more transparent!

Where does it say 10-14 months on the site? I thought LR countries lodged outside Aus were 5 months?

Yeah I definitely understand that. There's a guy who applied a little before me and he's all done. Just wish the process was more transparent!

I totally agree. I thought they dealt with them in order of date received, so I am not sure why our application (which I would have thought would be quite straightforward) still has not progressed. Here’s the link to where it tells you current processing times: http://uk.embassy.gov.au/lhlh/immi_processing_times.html

I totally agree. I thought they dealt with them in order of date received, so I am not sure why our application (which I would have thought would be quite straightforward) still has not progressed. Here’s the link to where it tells you current processing times: http://uk.embassy.gov.au/lhlh/immi_processing_times.html

I would have thought yours would be too! I looked at that link before and thought that only applied to applications through the London Embassy, not applications placed online, unless the online applications go through the London Embassy because I'm British?! I'm confused, I thought online and through the embassy were separate channels but perhaps not. What a blow if it's 10 -14 months!

Hi,

Does anyone have the email for the Europe Service Centre? W e are 12 weeks past on Tuesday and have not been contacted to do medical or police checks, everything else is uploaded. It's very stressful when you need to plan and get the house ready to put on the market.

Applied 18th October 2016 online London office.

The 5 months is on the Australian embassy site where as the 10-14 months is quoted on the UK Australian Embassy page. Someone else queried this and was told to go for the wait time from the country of your application.

I also called London embassy recently and they said a number of times the average wait is between 10-14 months.

Hi,

Does anyone have the email for the Europe Service Centre? W e are 12 weeks past on Tuesday and have not been contacted to do medical or police checks, everything else is uploaded. It's very stressful when you need to plan and get the house ready to put on the market.

http://uk.embassy.gov.au/lhlh/IMMI_contact.html

Should all be on there for you

Hi,

Did you apply in October? and have you done medical and police check.

I am the Aussie and my Husband has applied, together 15 years, married 10, 2 kids.

The 5 months is on the Australian embassy site where as the 10-14 months is quoted on the UK Australian Embassy page. Someone else queried this and was told to go for the wait time from the country of your application.

I also called London embassy recently and they said a number of times the average wait is between 10-14 months.

Wow, that really sucks! And so not clear! I don't recall the Australian site telling people to refer to their own country site for more accurate information but I could be wrong. I am still hearing of applications being processed faster though so fingers crossed. I have booked to travel to Aus in July which is 9 months from application but only coming from Bali so if I can't get a tourist visa it's only a short flight back to wait it out!

Happy New Year! I think you'll hear this or next week! We have booked the medical (in Manchester) and my husband was told he will need to take his underpants off - not sure why but she felt the need to tell him!! We've been imagining all sorts of scenarios!! Haha

I definitely didn't have to take my pants off for my medical in London - only had to remove my t-shirt. Very strange.

Wow, that really sucks! And so not clear! I don't recall the Australian site telling people to refer to their own country site for more accurate information but I could be wrong. I am still hearing of applications being processed faster though so fingers crossed. I have booked to travel to Aus in July which is 9 months from application but only coming from Bali so if I can't get a tourist visa it's only a short flight back to wait it out!

No you're right - it doesn't say anywhere. The call handler did also mention that some applications are being turned around faster and more in line with a 5-9 month wait. These I would assume are straightforward, no issues and no additional requests for information.

http://uk.embassy.gov.au/lhlh/immi_processing_times.html

Hi,

Hi I applied on 8th Sept and still waiting on appointment of Case officer I went ahead before Christmas and done my medical and applied for my police check.

My wife and children are Australian so I'm now just waiting on my visa so as we can all start our new life in Adelaide. it's getting a bit frustrating as before I applied people seemed to be getting a case officer in the UK 3 months I have now been waiting just over 4 months and while I accept that was over Christmas and New Year holidays but I'm really hoping things will start to move soon.

Hi I applied on 8th Sept and still waiting on appointment of Case officer I went ahead before Christmas and done my medical and applied for my police check.

My wife and children are Australian so I'm now just waiting on my visa so as we can all start our new life in Adelaide. it's getting a bit frustrating as before I applied people seemed to be getting a case officer in the UK 3 months I have now been waiting just over 4 months and while I accept that was over Christmas and New Year holidays but I'm really hoping things will start to move soon.

We lodged our application on Oct 6th so a month behind you. Uploaded everything I can think of but going to upload more 'couples stuff' from the last few months today I think. It at least feels like progress!

A guy I know on here lodged his early august and was granted his visa within 5 months so don't lose hope! I haven't been assigned a case officer either but went ahead with police checks and medicals. Rather pay twice if I have to than stall the application.

Keep me updated with your progress :)

• Like 1

Hi,

My Husband is just over a week behind you hayleykj, we applied on the 18th October, we have uploaded everything but haven't done the medical or police check, only becasue when he called Australia House in London they said to wait till he was assigned a CO. I think if you have front loaded your application and there are no issues you should go stright to grant, I thought we would have heard by now to go and have the medical. it will be 3 months on the 18th January.

I don't know weather to drop them a email and see whats happening.

Hi,

My Husband is just over a week behind you hayleykj, we applied on the 18th October, we have uploaded everything but haven't done the medical or police check, only becasue when he called Australia House in London they said to wait till he was assigned a CO. I think if you have front loaded your application and there are no issues you should go stright to grant, I thought we would have heard by now to go and have the medical. it will be 3 months on the 18th January.

I don't know weather to drop them a email and see whats happening.

Yeah I've read you're supposed to wait on the websites but on forums people have said they front-loaded and all way well, I don't think there's a right or wrong way but medicals can take time to book if you aren't close to a doctor or need to take time off work like I did.

If you have been waiting 3 months and medicals/police check last 12 then that will be 15 months so comfortably over the processing time. I haven't seen in any forums UK applications taking nearly as long as 14 months as the processing time suggests so I think you'd be safe if you chose to complete them. I've taken the risk and feel comfortable knowing its all done.

Obviously this is just my opinion and the way I see it. If you are waiting more than 15 months I'd say you have been severely unlucky! An email definitely cant hurt- I think if you're within the processing time responses are quite standard but I have read on forums it prompted progress in some cases. Could be coincidence though!

I want him to organise the medical but he won't, likes to do things by the book. lol. We live in Liverpool so have to travel to Manchester for the medical, we phoned the medical place and they said that appoinments can be made within a week.

I think i will send a email today just to see if there is any progress.

We are quite straight forward case, together 15 years, married 10 and 2 kids who are now citizens by descent and have their passports.

I feel like all i am doing at the moment is looking at the immi account for a update.

I have started to sort the house out as we want to put it on the market as soon as the grant comes through. We would like to be in OZ for the middle of September to get the kids into the last term of school.

Yeah I've read you're supposed to wait on the websites but on forums people have said they front-loaded and all way well, I don't think there's a right or wrong way but medicals can take time to book if you aren't close to a doctor or need to take time off work like I did.

If you have been waiting 3 months and medicals/police check last 12 then that will be 15 months so comfortably over the processing time. I haven't seen in any forums UK applications taking nearly as long as 14 months as the processing time suggests so I think you'd be safe if you chose to complete them. I've taken the risk and feel comfortable knowing its all done.

Obviously this is just my opinion and the way I see it. If you are waiting more than 15 months I'd say you have been severely unlucky! An email definitely cant hurt- I think if you're within the processing time responses are quite standard but I have read on forums it prompted progress in some cases. Could be coincidence though!