SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Yay! I'm soooo pleased you finally had contact :smile: Hopefully you'll hear something soon and its only to request your medicals and police checks.

We're nearly a month behind you so fingers crossed we'll hear something in January. It's really nice to see things moving.

Looking forward to seeing your next update!

Finally, we got a response from the London Office. Looks like we've got a case officer (yippee) and now just got to wait (which I already knew)!! Will let everyone know when we hear about the Medical etc.

Thank you for your enquiry.

According to the records in our system, your application for a Partner Visa

(subclass 309/100) is still being processed. A Case Officer has been

allocated to your application.

Please be advised the standard processing time for this visa type is 10 to

14 months from the day when the application was lodged (in your case:

18/08/2016).

We therefore ask you to patiently wait for the finalisation of your

application. Should your Case Officer need further information, she will

contact you via e-mail and instruct you on how to act.

Please also note that health and character checks are only valid for 12

months and, should a visa be approved, you will be required to enter

Australia before either of the checks expire. Your Case Officer will

request your health and character checks by email, phone or letter when it

is appropriate for you to complete them. Please do not complete your

medical and police assessments until requested by your Case Officer as if

you obtain these checks too early then they may expire before a decision

has been made on your application and you would be required to obtain new

health and/or character checks.

Congratulations! Great news for Christmas! Hopefully we won't be far behind you. I hope it all goes really smoothly for you!

Finally, we got a response from the London Office. Looks like we've got a case officer (yippee) and now just got to wait (which I already knew)!! Will let everyone know when we hear about the Medical etc.

Thank you for your enquiry.

According to the records in our system, your application for a Partner Visa

(subclass 309/100) is still being processed. A Case Officer has been

allocated to your application.

Please be advised the standard processing time for this visa type is 10 to

14 months from the day when the application was lodged (in your case:

18/08/2016).

We therefore ask you to patiently wait for the finalisation of your

application. Should your Case Officer need further information, she will

contact you via e-mail and instruct you on how to act.

Please also note that health and character checks are only valid for 12

months and, should a visa be approved, you will be required to enter

Australia before either of the checks expire. Your Case Officer will

request your health and character checks by email, phone or letter when it

is appropriate for you to complete them. Please do not complete your

medical and police assessments until requested by your Case Officer as if

you obtain these checks too early then they may expire before a decision

has been made on your application and you would be required to obtain new

health and/or character checks.

Hello everyone, haven't been on here for some time now but I'm back and I need a little help if anyone can help!? My prospective marriage visa was granted in April I move to Oz in July & got married on 26th November ( which was the best day ever :)) Anyway now it's time to start doing the next part of my visa, I used an agent for the first part of the visa as I thought I might have a few complications.. Now it's time to do the next part I've been told I can't use the same immi account and have to do a new one... My question is can I set an immi account up now and then put the application in when I'm ready or do I have to wait until I'm ready to submit the application? Before I can open the account? Many thanks

Things are moving pretty quick now. Our house sold yesterday after only being on the market for one week. I have spent today on the phone making appointments for removal companies, can't believe it is all happening. Aiming to be in Oz by March, so excited. Hope everyone gets some news in the new year.

Things are moving pretty quick now. Our house sold yesterday after only being on the market for one week. I have spent today on the phone making appointments for removal companies, can't believe it is all happening. Aiming to be in Oz by March, so excited. Hope everyone gets some news in the new year.

Thats fab news Nifa, I'm glad it's going so well for you :-)

Hi Everyone

Just a quick update, been here (Manly QLD) a week now, already bought a car, a motorcycle, loads of bits n bobs from local shops, done drivers licence change, bank accounts, medicare and are attending interviews tomorrow! Been to surfers paradise for the day (Amazing) Been a really busy week :jiggy: Our son starts school on the 23rd of January however our 16yr old daughter decided to stay in the UK with friends to finish her GCSE's..........she will join us in June 2017.

Have we made the right decision.............ABSOLUTELY !!!!!!

Best of luck to everyone, and look forward to seeing you "Down Under"

Thanks for the update, glad you're all settling in so well. Great news on the job interviews - may I ask how you went about getting them?

Glad you're enjoying the experience, how exciting! :smile:

Hi Everyone

Just a quick update, been here (Manly QLD) a week now, already bought a car, a motorcycle, loads of bits n bobs from local shops, done drivers licence change, bank accounts, medicare and are attending interviews tomorrow! Been to surfers paradise for the day (Amazing) Been a really busy week :jiggy: Our son starts school on the 23rd of January however our 16yr old daughter decided to stay in the UK with friends to finish her GCSE's..........she will join us in June 2017.

Hi Everyone

Wow sounds fantastic. We can't wait to be there. Where about in QLD are you? We are moving in with relatives in Caboolture, north of Brisbane, aiming to be there at the beginning of March.:wink:

Thanks for the update, glad you're all settling in so well. Great news on the job interviews - may I ask how you went about getting them?

Glad you're enjoying the experience, how exciting! :smile:

Hi there

We did our homework and spent time contacting people independently along with applying through agencies. The personal approach was the best as very little response from anyone before we arrived in the country.

Barry :smile:

Hi there

We did our homework and spent time contacting people independently along with applying through agencies. The personal approach was the best as very little response from anyone before we arrived in the country.

Thank you for your response, would you mind expanding on that a bit please as we've yet to start job hunting..........

When you say personal approach do you mean that you got results from contacting people when you were in Australia and is that direct to companies and agencies (phone or in person)?

Do you think it's not even worth starting to make contact from the UK or is it still worth it to get the ball rolling?

What job roles are you and your wife looking for?

Much appreciated

Cara

Hi Cara

By personal approach I mean that we emailed companies directly and waited for an email response, then called them directly. Another way is on SEEK, quite often you will see the companies HR persons details, directly approach them is a great idea.

Definitely start applying from the UK.....hopefully with your new address in Australia if you have one? Once you arrive, get back in contact with the same companies and remind them that you have landed!

Best of luck for the future.

Barry & Debbie

Hi Cara

By personal approach I mean that we emailed companies directly and waited for an email response, then called them directly. Another way is on SEEK, quite often you will see the companies HR persons details, directly approach them is a great idea.

Definitely start applying from the UK.....hopefully with your new address in Australia if you have one? Once you arrive, get back in contact with the same companies and remind them that you have landed!

Best of luck for the future.

Barry & Debbie

Hi Barry,

We are planning on booking a months holiday accommodation to give us time to find a more permanent rental - will that address be ok for looking for jobs? Hopefully we will be able to give a phone number for the rental too although not sure about that?

My husband is looking for quite a specific job in construction but I'm changing career back into something sales related so I might find it harder to target specific companies. We are thinking of contacting agencies and companies when we've booked our accommodation and flights.

That's brilliant that you got job interviews so quick - did companies tell you to contact them again when you arrived in the country. Are any of your interviews through agencies or only from direct contact with companies?

Thanks for the advice, very helpful. Hope your interviews go well!

Cara

Hi Barry,

We are planning on booking a months holiday accommodation to give us time to find a more permanent rental - will that address be ok for looking for jobs? Hopefully we will be able to give a phone number for the rental too although not sure about that?

My husband is looking for quite a specific job in construction but I'm changing career back into something sales related so I might find it harder to target specific companies. We are thinking of contacting agencies and companies when we've booked our accommodation and flights.

That's brilliant that you got job interviews so quick - did companies tell you to contact them again when you arrived in the country. Are any of your interviews through agencies or only from direct contact with companies?

Thanks for the advice, very helpful. Hope your interviews go well!

Cara

Hi cara! You are asking some brilliant questions, would it be ok if follow this thread? I am in the same situation as you, but we move in 7 weeks to pinkenba Brisbane with family before we get ourselves sorted!!

hooe all goes well and get some answers to your questions ?? xx

Good morning Cara

We were lucky enough to secure a furnished rental before we left the UK. We needed to submit bank statements, references, utility bills (to prove we were good with our payments) and so forth. I would suggest you have this ready for when you are here and looking for a rental. As we had this organised before we arrived it made life a lot easier for us and telephone, internet, electrics etc were set up before we arrived. This also meant we could have any deliveries sent to the house. We ordered all new bedding so that we didn't have to worry when we arrived. We even had our bank accounts set up and our cards ready for us the day after we arrived at our local branch. Drivers license took an hour or so and Medicare took 20 minutes. You just need to make sure you take all the relevant paperwork.

As soon as we landed we bought a new sim card at the airport - great deal - and started using this straight away. (make sure your phone is unlocked) I have since bought a new phone with a new contract but my wife still uses the other phone. This was so easy.

We found a car on Gumtree before we left and bought it the day after we arrived - a lovely SAAB convertible.

With regard to employment. We had telephone interviews whilst in the UK but contacted prospective employers after we arrived here. Busy negotiating jobs at the moment but nothing finalised yet. Much easier when you arrive but still worth initiating contact before you leave.

Our advice - do as much homework and research before you arrive.

We have only been here 2 weeks tomorrow but the transition was so smooth we feel as if we have been here forever!

Wishing you best of luck!

Good morning Cara

We were lucky enough to secure a furnished rental before we left the UK. We needed to submit bank statements, references, utility bills (to prove we were good with our payments) and so forth. I would suggest you have this ready for when you are here and looking for a rental. As we had this organised before we arrived it made life a lot easier for us and telephone, internet, electrics etc were set up before we arrived. This also meant we could have any deliveries sent to the house. We ordered all new bedding so that we didn't have to worry when we arrived. We even had our bank accounts set up and our cards ready for us the day after we arrived at our local branch. Drivers license took an hour or so and Medicare took 20 minutes. You just need to make sure you take all the relevant paperwork.

As soon as we landed we bought a new sim card at the airport - great deal - and started using this straight away. (make sure your phone is unlocked) I have since bought a new phone with a new contract but my wife still uses the other phone. This was so easy.

We found a car on Gumtree before we left and bought it the day after we arrived - a lovely SAAB convertible.

With regard to employment. We had telephone interviews whilst in the UK but contacted prospective employers after we arrived here. Busy negotiating jobs at the moment but nothing finalised yet. Much easier when you arrive but still worth initiating contact before you leave.

Our advice - do as much homework and research before you arrive.

We have only been here 2 weeks tomorrow but the transition was so smooth we feel as if we have been here forever!

Wishing you best of luck!

Hi Barry,

That's fab information and you've done such a great job of getting yourselves set up. Thank you for sharing it as it is so helpful.

Most of the advice on here is that it's really difficult to get a rental before arriving and particularly furnished so you've really done a great job of that - did you find that through an agency?

We do definitely need to do more homework and research, at the moment we're getting the house ready to go on the market and then we'll devote more time to research and getting set up over there.

I'm so glad it's all going so well for you

Thank you for being so helpful

Cara

Hi cara! You are asking some brilliant questions, would it be ok if follow this thread? I am in the same situation as you, but we move in 7 weeks to pinkenba Brisbane with family before we get ourselves sorted!!

hooe all goes well and get some answers to your questions 珞 xx

Hi Wizz4bizz, thank you!

I'm pretty sure that once you post you automatically follow this thread which means you get an email once there is a reply - you probably already know this by now! You only get emailed once and then you have to log back on to the thread before they send you any more.

It's great that you have family to live with and not long for you to go now! We're still waiting for my partner visa but are getting as organised as possible so we can move quickly once it comes through. Hopefully shouldn't be too long now before we here something (there has been some movement on visa's applied for the month before us). We are hoping to move out end of June.

Would be good to stay in touch

Cara

Hi all

new to the site...following with interest! I applied 2nd Aeptemver for 309 de facto

had request to book medical (no c/o though) completed and requires no further action

front loaded with all police checks etc and still waiting....anyone else from early September had any news yet?

Welcome! When did they request your medical, out of interest?

Hi all

new to the site...following with interest! I applied 2nd Aeptemver for 309 de facto

had request to book medical (no c/o though) completed and requires no further action

front loaded with all police checks etc and still waiting....anyone else from early September had any news yet?

Edited by MaggieMay24
Fixed quote

Welcome! When did they request your medical, out of interest?

Thank you!! Within about 5 weeks the health declaration of my immi account changed to "please arrange medical" along with a hap id number. The last change was that medical all clear, no further action....and words to the effect of "your application can now proceed through processing"

Edited by MaggieMay24
Fixed quote

Thank you!! Within about 5 weeks the health declaration of my immi account changed to "please arrange medical" along with a hap id number. The last change was that medical all clear, no further action....and words to the effect of "your application can now proceed through processing"

Hi Vicki,

That's great that you've had your medicals requested already, it seems they all have slightly different ways of working. It definitely doesn't request it on my immi account yet, although there is a link for the medicals but I keep an eye on it at least once a week.

I'm a bit worried though as I can't view my application. When I click on the link I don't have the correct program to open it, however, my husbands sponsorship application opens fine with no problems. Has anyone else had any experience of this? It does say that my application has been received.

I'm sure you'll hear something from your case officer very soon @koalakate

This will all be a distant memory soon when we're sitting on the beach :wubclub:

Cara

Edited by MaggieMay24
Fixed quote