SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

I think we're in the same pile as you @koalakate... Still not heard anything. I will get my husband to give them another call - hopefully he wont be on hold for 45 minutes

There really is no need to call to enquire as to where your application is at. They, CO's have lots to deal with and don't give out updates on applications. It's quite normal to not hear anything till visa grant in some cases. If your CO needs to contact you they will. Your application is lodged and in the queue so just sit tight. Processing times are still officially listed as 10-14 months so you really can't jump on them after 6 months. Partner visa applications are waiting games.

Thank you @snifter - I know you're right. The waiting game is just so hard! ;)

There really is no need to call to enquire as to where your application is at. They, CO's have lots to deal with and don't give out updates on applications. It's quite normal to not hear anything till visa grant in some cases. If your CO needs to contact you they will. Your application is lodged and in the queue so just sit tight. Processing times are still officially listed as 10-14 months so you really can't jump on them after 6 months. Partner visa applications are waiting games.

I've seen June applicants on other forums who are still waiting (applied the last week in June). You both must have a slower/busier CO and I must be in the extra slow pile!! Fingers crossed you hear before Xmas!

Well Im finally happy to say that our Spouse Visa 309 was approved yesterday! So hopefully people will start hearing back soon from June/July, it took under 5 months for ours to be approved.

Timeline

Applied : 17th July

Medical checks requested : 21st Sept

Further info requested : 3rd Nov

Visa Granted : 6th Dec

Move date : 1st March !!!!!

Congratulations!! That's great news - good luck with your journey :smile:

We've been trying to find a pattern but it looks like it is completely random, down to work loads and possibly individual case officers.

It is great and reassuring to see other people progressing - but I can imagine it is frustrating to see others getting results much quicker when you are still waiting. It's still early days for us so not expecting anything soon but nice to see what's going on.

Good Luck to everyone waiting, I hope there's some more good news before Christmas :xmas29:

Well Im finally happy to say that our Spouse Visa 309 was approved yesterday! So hopefully people will start hearing back soon from June/July, it took under 5 months for ours to be approved.

Timeline

Applied : 17th July

Medical checks requested : 21st Sept

Further info requested : 3rd Nov

Visa Granted : 6th Dec

Move date : 1st March !!!!!

[TABLE=class: tborder vbseo_like_postbit, width: 100%, align: center]

[TR]

[TD=class: alt1][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=class: alt2, bgcolor: #EEEEEE][TABLE=width: 100%]

[TR]

[TD=width: 100%] [/TD]

[TD]Join Date: Aug 2016

australia.gif From australia

vbseo_like.png3 likes received

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=class: alt1]Hi guys! Just wanted to let u know that our visa came through today (100 not 309)! Very happy so things may start moving for the others.

Thanks so much for the help and support!

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Congratulations! Really pleased for you :smile:

[TABLE=class: tborder vbseo_like_postbit, width: 100%, align: center]

[TR]

[TD=class: alt1][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=class: alt2, bgcolor: #EEEEEE][TABLE=width: 100%]

[TR]

[TD=width: 100%][/TD]

[TD]Join Date: Aug 2016

australia.gif From australia

vbseo_like.png3 likes received

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=class: alt1]Hi guys! Just wanted to let u know that our visa came through today (100 not 309)! Very happy so things may start moving for the others.

Thanks so much for the help and support!

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Congrats!!!

We are heading for Brisbane, Wynuum West to be exact. We secured a fully furnished townhouse rental there right opposite our kids school so we are very pleased. We fly on Xmas day and land in Brisbane on the morning of the 27th December 2016. When are you guys going and where will you be based?

We loved the Gold Coast when we stayed there (the Southern suburbs, we stayed in Burleigh heads) so are looking there ideally. However, we are open minded and it depends where OH gets work. We definitely would like to be near the sea if possible as we live 10mins walk to the sea here in the UK. We are aiming to go between May and September, the sooner the better but it depends on when we get contact regarding the visa. We don't want to put the house on the market until the medicals & police checks are requested so we know it is more definite.

So yesterday I got the email saying my 309 had been granted! Wife over the moon, as we're her family! Looks like I'm heading to Brisbane! Total process took just under 5 months

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi everyone, I had my 309 visa granted yesterday!

The process has taken 7 and a half months, I applied on 27 April. My case officer asked for some additional info last week, we uploaded it yesterday and the grant came through about 10 minutes later!

We're still in shock!

We're thinking we'll move end of March.

We're going to live in Brisbane, I know a few people on here are too.

Good luck to everyone still waiting, I soooo feel your pain. There were a few grants yesterday so hopefully that means things are moving over there and more of you will hear soon!

X

Congratulations, that's fantastic news Nikki! :smile: Good Luck with the move..... Would be great to stay in touch.

So some are taking a little longer but not too bad, it's still a lot earlier than 10-14 months thankfully

Hi everyone, I had my 309 visa granted yesterday!

The process has taken 7 and a half months, I applied on 27 April. My case officer asked for some additional info last week, we uploaded it yesterday and the grant came through about 10 minutes later!

We're still in shock!

We're thinking we'll move end of March.

We're going to live in Brisbane, I know a few people on here are too.

Good luck to everyone still waiting, I soooo feel your pain. There were a few grants yesterday so hopefully that means things are moving over there and more of you will hear soon!

X

Congratulations, that's fantastic news Nikki! :smile: Good Luck with the move..... Would be great to stay in touch.

So some are taking a little longer but not too bad, it's still a lot earlier than 10-14 months thankfully

Thanks Cara! We should definitely stay in touch, and I'll keep track of your progress on here [emoji4] - I am strangely addicted to this thread!!

Great :smile: I know, I keep thinking I should forget about it but I'm enjoying the interaction on here. It's nice to share with people in the same boat.

Thanks Cara! We should definitely stay in touch, and I'll keep track of your progress on here [emoji4] - I am strangely addicted to this thread!!

Update: VISA GRANTED! Straight to the 100 and it took just under 5 months - needless to say, we are over the moon! I hope everyone will get their visa soon, looks like things are moving rather quickly. If anyone has any questions please do let me know!

Hi everyone,

Since someone was asking, we applied in mid-July and we are still waiting!

This forum has been so helpful to us and I thought it was about time to share our experience: I am the applicant, I'm Italian and my husband is Australian from birth. Our case is pretty straight forward - we are a young couple but we have been together for 4.5 years and we have been married for 3 and a half. We have lived in the UK most of the time and we have applied from London. We have provided plenty of evidence covering every aspect of our relationship from when we first met until shortly before we sent our application in.

The application was sent on the 14th of July 2016, our CO contacted us on the 1st of September 2016 and asked for Police Check and Medicals - we provided them within 12 days. We are waiting now but hopefully it shouldn't take much longer! I can see that some people who applied at the end of June have got their visa granted now and that makes me feel quite confident, but I don't want to get my hopes up too much (especially cause it seems to me that most of those cases are of couples who have been together for much longer and have kids too).

Edited by benemar

We uploaded a lot of evidence. We saw a website/bloggers who had recently been through the process and were successfully awarded their visa after 6 months. We decided we would try and find similar types of evidence as used by them.

Social evidence included: 4 weddings we've attended, lots of holidays (abroad, camping trips, music festivals etc) and family gatherings, facebook posts, photos, email correspondence showing proof of hotels, flights, etc. We also included 3 stat decs from friends/family.

Financial evidence: Joint responsibility for house, utility bills, council tax, insurance. We do not have a joint account, as we both use our apps to transfer money to each other, when needed. We simply made a statement about that and provided lots of annotated bank statements.

Commitment: Engagement proof, party etc and our wedding certificate, photos, honeymoon. Relationship statement explaining how we run our house, commitment to each other and plans for our future.

We wrote a statement for each area in an attempt to explain our evidence to make it easier for our CO to understand, hopefully. It took us ages.

Three months today and still waiting. We have been together for 2 and half years and married for 8 months! I have a 15 year old son who has just received his Australian passport in the post this week. My husband is the applicant and assume we will get the 309, although not sure, as we both obviously now care for my child. Perhaps we will be assessed for the 100 (not sure when the Australian child is a step child)?

Really, really can not wait to hear anything; medical, more evidence, there's a long wait... I don't think we will be awarded our visa in 5 months.

I'm pretty sure we followed the same blog post! We uploaded loads and loads of evidence (the whole process took us over two weeks) and our visa sub. 100 was granted yesterday.. in under 5 months!

I'm fairly sure that having plenty of evidence doesn't hurt (and gave us peace of mind at least) even thought fair a few people in different forums are claiming that overdoing it might actually be unhelpful. I can finally say that overdoing things didn't slow the process down in our case and I just wanted to let you know! We did organise everything carefully too, with similar documents grouped together in single PDFs with a clear summary on the front cover.

Best of luck!! B

Congratulations! Good Luck with your move

Update: VISA GRANTED! Straight to the 100 and it took just under 5 months - needless to say, we are over the moon! I hope everyone will get their visa soon, looks like things are moving rather quickly. If anyone has any questions please do let me know!

Congratulations, great news! Super fast!

Congratulations! Wow so quick!

Thanks for sharing your experience-it's nice to know it didn't slow things down and it seems we completed the process in a similar way.

Good luck planning your adventure!

I'm pretty sure we followed the same blog post! We uploaded loads and loads of evidence (the whole process took us over two weeks) and our visa sub. 100 was granted yesterday.. in under 5 months!

I'm fairly sure that having plenty of evidence doesn't hurt (and gave us peace of mind at least) even thought fair a few people in different forums are claiming that overdoing it might actually be unhelpful. I can finally say that overdoing things didn't slow the process down in our case and I just wanted to let you know! We did organise everything carefully too, with similar documents grouped together in single PDFs with a clear summary on the front cover.

Best of luck!! B

Finally, we got a response from the London Office. Looks like we've got a case officer (yippee) and now just got to wait (which I already knew)!! Will let everyone know when we hear about the Medical etc.

Thank you for your enquiry.

According to the records in our system, your application for a Partner Visa

(subclass 309/100) is still being processed. A Case Officer has been

allocated to your application.

Please be advised the standard processing time for this visa type is 10 to

14 months from the day when the application was lodged (in your case:

18/08/2016).

We therefore ask you to patiently wait for the finalisation of your

application. Should your Case Officer need further information, she will

contact you via e-mail and instruct you on how to act.

Please also note that health and character checks are only valid for 12

months and, should a visa be approved, you will be required to enter

Australia before either of the checks expire. Your Case Officer will

request your health and character checks by email, phone or letter when it

is appropriate for you to complete them. Please do not complete your

medical and police assessments until requested by your Case Officer as if

you obtain these checks too early then they may expire before a decision

has been made on your application and you would be required to obtain new

health and/or character checks.