SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Hi everyone

A fantastic day for us today - we received an email from our visa agent at 4pm today saying CONGRATULATIONS! Your visa has been granted after just 5 months!

Celebrating over a jeroboam of champagne! We wish everyone who is waiting for their visa the best of luck!

That's so great Jordan, congratulations!!

Out of interest are you on a 309 or a 100?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congratulations!!!

Hi everyone

A fantastic day for us today - we received an email from our visa agent at 4pm today saying CONGRATULATIONS! Your visa has been granted after just 5 months!

Celebrating over a jeroboam of champagne! We wish everyone who is waiting for their visa the best of luck!

Sorry this is not entirely relevant to this thread, but it's now time for me to start putting my 100 application together after being granted the 309 in Feb. Its been ages since I applied for 309, I need refreshing, is there a checklist for things I need to include for 100? Medicals/police checks etc? All done through immiaccount like before? If someone can point me in the right direction that'd be great.

I'm also really interested to hear of people's experiences with the 309 to 100 process! In particular the waiting times.....

Hi, I just read about you losing you Ozzie citizenship. I was born in Australia but moved here when I was 5yrs old does that mean I no longer have my oz citizenship? I have a British passport, my Australian birth certificate and both my parents have duel citizenship. I am wanting to sponser my partner from in the uk and move back over to oz in 2018 but now panicking I'm not even a citizen. Did you just contact Australia house to check?

When did you get your British citizenship? If after 2002, you have no worries

Oh @koalakate - when I saw your message pop up I was so hoping to hear good news! :frown: Have you tried chasing them up again?

Is there anyone else out there that is waiting for a CO or has recently been assigned one so we can get an idea of timescales please?

Hi there! I've been watching this forum for a little while now and thought I should reply. My husband applied for his 309 visa on 21st August, and we are still waiting to hear anything. He did call after a couple of weeks and they said it was too soon to get a CO and we'd hear from them in time. Just over 11 weeks wait for us so far. We are hoping that it will be a pretty straight forward case, as I am Australian (moved to UK 12 years ago) and our children both have citizenship by decent and Australian passports already. We've been together for 11 years and married for 6. Fingers crossed for a CO soon. But, I think I agree with you @koalakate, Brexit may have had an impact...

Edited by ashabree

Thanks for sharing as I was beginning to worry something was wrong with our application. I suppose we need to be patient and wait a little longer. I would love updates from them, however, especially with the amount it has cost us all! I will definitely let you know when we hear anything...

@carahunter I think I will chase it again in a couple of weeks (once we hit the three month mark) but I'm sure they won't tell me anything different! Keep in touch.

Hi there! I've been watching this forum for a little while now and thought I should reply. My husband applied for his 309 visa on 21st August, and we are still waiting to hear anything. He did call after a couple of weeks and they said it was too soon to get a CO and we'd hear from them in time. Just over 11 weeks wait for us so far. We are hoping that it will be a pretty straight forward case, as I am Australian (moved to UK 12 years ago) and our children both have citizenship by decent and Australian passports already. We've been together for 11 years and married for 6. Fingers crossed for a CO soon. But, I think I agree with you @koalakate, Brexit may have had an impact...

Thanks for posting @ashabree, yours does definitely sound straight forward so I'm sure yours will get dealt with quickly once you have a CO. At least you know you're not alone now @koalakate - good luck to both of you, I hope you hear very soon. I was really hoping to hear back before Christmas but I think that's looking unlikely now as I'm only 7 weeks in. We're lucky we got in when we did though as I would imagine the waiting will get worse after the US election. Apparently both the Canadian and Australian migration sites crashed!!

If either of you chase up again perhaps ask roughly how long it is taking to get allocated a case officer to manage your expectations? They might tell you.

Lets all stay in touch :hug:

It's quite normal to not be assigned a CO for a few months or hear anything. It's also possible to not hear from your CO at all till visa grant time. This has happened to some people.

Thanks for the advice. Surely we will need to hear from a CO before visa grant time if we haven't done the medicals & police check though?

I'm not too worried about the waiting times at the moment because we don't want to put our house on the market until spring time anyway. However, it's just the peace of mind to know I will be granted the visa! I would say I'm somewhere in between straight forward and complicated!

It's quite normal to not be assigned a CO for a few months or hear anything. It's also possible to not hear from your CO at all till visa grant time. This has happened to some people.

Thanks for the advice. Surely we will need to hear from a CO before visa grant time if we haven't done the medicals & police check though?

I'm not too worried about the waiting times at the moment because we don't want to put our house on the market until spring time anyway. However, it's just the peace of mind to know I will be granted the visa! I would say I'm somewhere in between straight forward and complicated!

You will be asked to undertake those but it may be just a general email and your CO may not introduce themselves or anything, just ask for medical and police check.

I had my medical and police check done pretty much as soon as I applied, as I don't really do hospitals and didn't want the constant worry of the medical on my mind!

As with all the other comments re CO, it's just a waiting game, my CO phoned me once, before approving my application!

Good luck......

Thanks for the advice snifter it's much appreciated. That's fine by me because at least we would know the case is being worked on and I'm assuming if it gets to that point and they don't ask for anything else then they are happy with the rest of the paperwork.

If they start working on our case though, wouldn't it show up on our online Immi account? - I log on and check it every now and again to see if our paperwork has been accessed and the dates changed.

You will be asked to undertake those but it may be just a general email and your CO may not introduce themselves or anything, just ask for medical and police check.

Thanks for your reply Mark,

So you front loaded your medical and police check then? I did think about doing that but I thought that wasn't advisable? I don't want to mess anything up. Also, if I wait for the CO to ask for them at least it gives me an idea of where my application is at!

I had my medical and police check done pretty much as soon as I applied, as I don't really do hospitals and didn't want the constant worry of the medical on my mind!

As with all the other comments re CO, it's just a waiting game, my CO phoned me once, before approving my application!

Good luck......