SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Wow, not long for you Mark! Super fast timings. We are still waiting to sell our house - been on the market for nearly 4 weeks. My husband may be offered a job in Sydney (we find out in the next couple of days), so we may end up starting our Oz journey there! Exciting times for us all. X

so today my journey begins @CelinaOz @Aprilfool I'm sitting at Heathrow waiting for my flight to Singapore then onto Brisbane........how are things going your end?

Wow, not long for you Mark! Super fast timings. We are still waiting to sell our house - been on the market for nearly 4 weeks. My husband may be offered a job in Sydney (we find out in the next couple of days), so we may end up starting our Oz journey there! Exciting times for us all. X

so today my journey begins @CelinaOz @Aprilfool I'm sitting at Heathrow waiting for my flight to Singapore then onto Brisbane........how are things going your end?

Omg! So excited for you!! We head to Brisbane 6th November for 2 weeks to validate hubby & daughters visas as we won't be moving before their medicals run out in March x super excited to take my daughter for the first time. Our plans are still for moving in July once college/GCSE's etc... are finished for the older kids.

Wishing you the best of luck in your new adventure @QPRMARK

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Omg! So excited for you!! We head to Brisbane 6th November for 2 weeks to validate hubby & daughters visas as we won't be moving before their medicals run out in March x super excited to take my daughter for the first time. Our plans are still for moving in July once college/GCSE's etc... are finished for the older kids.

Wishing you the best of luck in your new adventure @QPRMARK

Thanks, good luck with the November trip!!

I,ll keep in touch!!

I'm wondering if mine will be quicker than 10-14 months official timeline?

Applied 16th August 2016

Case Officer assigned 27th September - medical and police check requested

as of today just waiting for my AFP police check to arrive to upload everything else done

so why would they ask for meds / character checks now if it was gonna take 14 months

The estimated time from start to finish was quoted to me at 6-15 months. Ours was sorted in less than 6 months. @Pingpoma You have been Assigned a case officer in around 6 weeks which is good so if they're asking for medicals and police checks then they should make a decision within the time they are valid for.

A lot of CO's only work part time and also it all depends on the current demand for their services . It's a frustrating wait but worth it.

The estimated time from start to finish was quoted to me at 6-15 months. Ours was sorted in less than 6 months. @Pingpoma You have been Assigned a case officer in around 6 weeks which is good so if they're asking for medicals and police checks then they should make a decision within the time they are valid for.

A lot of CO's only work part time and also it all depends on the current demand for their services . It's a frustrating wait but worth it.

Yes I was thinking it was a good sign for an earlier decision and grant we are quite a simple case wife born in Australia to Australian born parents, married 2.5 years, defacto 5 years with child who is already a citizen. I've asked for pr rather than temporary based on our time together and child.

my case worker is part time you're right :)

Yes I was thinking it was a good sign for an earlier decision and grant we are quite a simple case wife born in Australia to Australian born parents, married 2.5 years, defacto 5 years with child who is already a citizen. I've asked for pr rather than temporary based on our time together and child.

my case worker is part time you're right :)

Sounds like it's all fairly straight forward then. My husband & daughter were granted PR as we have been together 12 years, married for 7 and our daughter is 9. I am PR as my parents emigrated when I was 13. I then had my older 2 children there returning to the UK in 2003 after separating from their father. I got my Return Residency Visa in 2014 based on my significant ties to Australia which was a simple paperwork exercise and took only 2 weeks to be issued.

We applied march and visa was issued in July. I think it would have been quicker but we had one glitch - a non migrating dependent medical was requested for my 15yr old step son who on the day of the medical discovered his passport had expired!! So we were delayed in doing that until the new passport arrived.

I really don't think yours should take too long at all. Be nice if you heard by the end of the year. Good luck xx

Hi there,

We were granted the 309 back in 2015 and have recently been invited to apply for the 100 permanent visa. Can anyone provide any guidance on what we need to do now? We are already over in Perth so do we have to send our application back the UK (originally submitted paper application to London) - and is the evidence requirement simply what we originally provided but obviously up to date?

Thanks in advance!

Lauren :)

I'm wondering if mine will be quicker than 10-14 months official timeline?

Applied 16th August 2016

Case Officer assigned 27th September - medical and police check requested

as of today just waiting for my AFP police check to arrive to upload everything else done

so why would they ask for meds / character checks now if it was gonna take 14 months

Hi @Pingpoma

We applied on the 6th June 2016 for my husbands partner visa. We were assigned a case officer on the 13th July, I was very excited as I didn't expect to hear from anyone for a while. Medical and police check were uploaded at the end of July and beginning of August. I emailed my case officer after the medical was submitted to ask what happens next, she said the visa is nearly granted we are just waiting for authorisation from Australia. I know it's early days but we are still waiting, I thought with everything happening so quickly the visa might also be granted quick too, I suppose I need to learn to be patient! I have been with my husband for 22years, married for 13years with 2 children, I was born in Australia and my children are now Australian citizens. Everything is on hold until the visa is granted, although we have started the process for our dog to get his pet passport.

Fingers crossed you and I do not have to wait too long, good luck with your adventures. 

Hi everyone,

Just an update on my experience of going through security etc........

My visa was approved back in mid July, I flew from Heathrow to Brisbane via Singapore last Weds, I was a little apprehensive about the visa, well just because I'm a worrier!!

Anyway, landed in Brisbane after 20 hours flying time, and went through the fast self service area, inserted passport into the reader, had the eye scan and then received a ticket (like a train ticket) with my passport details on it, the automatic doors opened, and in I went!

Picked up my suitcase, pretty much straight away, then back through the next security checkpoint, where I handed in my pre printed ticket and incoming passenger card.......and that was it.......I walked through and had an emotional catch up with my wife, daughter, and in laws, all this within 25 mins of landing.......a wonderful, stress free experience!!

Jet lag aside, I'm happy and relaxed here on Bribie Island!!

Cheers

Hi everyone,

Just an update on my experience of going through security etc........

My visa was approved back in mid July, I flew from Heathrow to Brisbane via Singapore last Weds, I was a little apprehensive about the visa, well just because I'm a worrier!!

Anyway, landed in Brisbane after 20 hours flying time, and went through the fast self service area, inserted passport into the reader, had the eye scan and then received a ticket (like a train ticket) with my passport details on it, the automatic doors opened, and in I went!

Picked up my suitcase, pretty much straight away, then back through the next security checkpoint, where I handed in my pre printed ticket and incoming passenger card.......and that was it.......I walked through and had an emotional catch up with my wife, daughter, and in laws, all this within 25 mins of landing.......a wonderful, stress free experience!!

Jet lag aside, I'm happy and relaxed here on Bribie Island!!

Cheers

@QPRMARK

sounds amazing, I can't wait for this day for me and my family.

Hi @Pingpoma

We applied on the 6th June 2016 for my husbands partner visa. We were assigned a case officer on the 13th July, I was very excited as I didn't expect to hear from anyone for a while. Medical and police check were uploaded at the end of July and beginning of August. I emailed my case officer after the medical was submitted to ask what happens next, she said the visa is nearly granted we are just waiting for authorisation from Australia. I know it's early days but we are still waiting, I thought with everything happening so quickly the visa might also be granted quick too, I suppose I need to learn to be patient! I have been with my husband for 22years, married for 13years with 2 children, I was born in Australia and my children are now Australian citizens. Everything is on hold until the visa is granted, although we have started the process for our dog to get his pet passport.

Fingers crossed you and I do not have to wait too long, good luck with your adventures. 

Hi, was just wondering how you actually contact your case officer? I used familymigrationlondon************** but it generates an automatic "thank you for the email, if we need to read it we will other if we don't your wont here back blah blah"!

Hi, was just wondering how you actually contact your case officer? I used familymigrationlondon************** but it generates an automatic "thank you for the email, if we need to read it we will other if we don't your wont here back blah blah"!

If you are using an agent I think you are supposed to go via them for contact with CO etc.

There is a general email contact usually these days iirc. CO's don't give out there direct email addys anymore. If there is something urgent, whoever reads the emails to the general contact sends it on for their attention. Otherwise people tend to get a generic reply to the usual questions asked or no reply at all.

Not hearing from a CO isn't a bad thing ;)

If you are using an agent I think you are supposed to go via them for contact with CO etc.

There is a general email contact usually these days iirc. CO's don't give out there direct email addys anymore. If there is something urgent, whoever reads the emails to the general contact sends it on for their attention. Otherwise people tend to get a generic reply to the usual questions asked or no reply at all.

Not hearing from a CO isn't a bad thing ;)

I understand not hearing might seem ok but I don't want to receive an email in 3 months time saying that the colour photocopy of blah blah isn't good enough quality etc and my visa has been delayed (if you see what I mean?). I was hoping to get confirmation I had properly addressed the 6 or so things they had asked for in their letter

not using an agent, visa is expensive enough without one!

I think you were very lucky getting a case officer a month after applying. We didn't get D (CO) until 3 months had passed. We applied in Feb. We were always told it was 10-14 months process. Any contact with D was either by phone( he rang us) or by email from a generic email address marked with for the attention of...... to reply to. We finally got my husband's visa 2 weeks ago. I am an Ozzie by birth, my adult children are Aussies and ......... We are off on 24 November- one car is sold, the other on the market, removalists are booked and yesterday we found out our home has a tenant. If you are waiting for Australia to ok it, good luck. I believe the reason everything takes so long is that there is a quota that they are allowed to agree to each month and no more. Your date for startting your application was June so do not do anything too hasty

Edited by MaggieMay24
Removed CO name - initials only allowed

I understand not hearing might seem ok but I don't want to receive an email in 3 months time saying that the colour photocopy of blah blah isn't good enough quality etc and my visa has been delayed (if you see what I mean?). I was hoping to get confirmation I had properly addressed the 6 or so things they had asked for in their letter

not using an agent, visa is expensive enough without one!

http://uk.embassy.gov.au/lhlh/Immi_contact_london.html

So long as you scanned the documents properly it should be fine. CO don't often acknowledge things like that being received. Your email will go to the central email centre and chances are, you won't hear anything or just the generic reply.

Did you scan the documents and compare them with the originals before you uploaded? I don't think you really need to worry as scanning nowadays is usually very good.

Also you only hear when something is not right .e.g. at the very end we had a phone call as they had not received the police form and we thought they had so we scanned it in and emailed it across and had immediate confirmation. If all is going well it is a waiting game. We never had any problems with quality of scanned documents

Hi @Pingpoma we have a lovely case officer and she has replied to every email I have sent (about 5 in total). I send it to the generic email address that you have stated above, I get the automatic email back, then after about 24 hours I have had the reply from her. Like others have said on here if anything was uploaded incorrectly or if anything is missing I'm pretty sure you would've heard from your CO. We had a witness statement missing and she advised us when she asked us for the police check and medical.

Hello, just wondering if anyone could give me any ideas on a timeline, my son is engaged to a Filipino girl, they have applied for an offshore visa, was their only option, it is now a year ago, she is at the moment on a visitor visa and it is running out soon it has a no further stay on it, I know this is a UK forum but does anyone know the current processing times for a defacto visa for a partner from the Phillipines. Thanks in advance.

Hi everyone,

I applied for my 309 spouse visa 4 weeks ago. I've read back quite a few pages and seems people seem to hear back from the case officer approx. 6-8 weeks after lodgement so hopefully not too long until I hear back. I'm anxious that we've done everything correctly so can't wait to hear back. I'm hoping they will just request medicals and police check which I'm assuming should mean they are happy with everything else. We are both British, when I met my husband he was just finalising a permanent visa which he had granted not long after we were together so didn't get the chance to add me on then. We settled into life here for a bit, bought a house, got married and validated his visa on our honeymoon last year but now we've decided we would like to make the move together. We really need to move there before October next year to fulfil his resident return visa requirements however, we'd love to go about May time if we can get the visa in time and the house sold. I really hope it won't go against me that I had a permanent visa to move to Oz with my ex husband but I pulled out of going the last minute as I was getting increasingly unhappy in the relationship. I divorced him and stayed here so the visa lapsed. In the meantime I met my husband! What a wonderful twist of fate that he has a visa so we see it as a sign that it's the right life for us! I have been transparent about all this in the visa application and exactly how everything panned out so we've got everything crossed as now we've made the decision we would be heartbroken not to be able to go!

Can I ask who is still waiting for their visa to be approved? I could do with some support as I'm starting to get a bit anxious about it all. I'm hoping a spouse visa is just a formality to check we're a couple. We have a mortgage (1 1/2 years), joint account & are married (just over a year), 2 lovely statements from friends, have written a statement each, added photo's, official docs etc I called Australia House and they actually told me to send less than what I was originally going to send as it was overkill!

Looking forward to meeting some people on here - anyone else going to Queensland? :-)