SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Hi Jamie,

please could you keep me updated with your progress? I applied on the 12/08/16 (not yet got a CO, just trying to get an idea how long yours would take so I can remain positive)

thanks [

I had my CO assigned last Wednesday 31st August, and they requested that I did the medical and police check and said that I had 70 days in which to complete and upload them.
Edited by MaggieMay24
Fixed quote

Just had a thought, and maybe someone here can help me/shed some light on the following

We want to apply for a defacto visa next year, all pretty straight forward, except that when we apply we will be engaged, and probably while being processed we will be getting married, ( 2/9/17 ) would this have any effects on the visa process? my partner would want to have my surname....

We can get married months before at the town hall to make everything official just before we apply for the visa if this would be easier, but would prefer not to

anyone an idea?

Just had a thought, and maybe someone here can help me/shed some light on the following

We want to apply for a defacto visa next year, all pretty straight forward, except that when we apply we will be engaged, and probably while being processed we will be getting married, ( 2/9/17 ) would this have any effects on the visa process? my partner would want to have my surname....

We can get married months before at the town hall to make everything official just before we apply for the visa if this would be easier, but would prefer not to

anyone an idea?

Makes no difference, you just upload the marriage certificate when you have it.

Backtoback, I'm on similar timings to you, I'm just a couple of weeks behind you:

27/04/16 309 application received

17/06/16 CO assigned

26/06/16 medical uploaded

30/08/16 police check uploaded

Now we're waiting!

Question, some people say that when they had their CO assigned they requested medicals within 21 days. Mine didn't - they did say that I would need to do medicals but didn't state a deadline, from the wording of the email I wasn't 100% sure if they were asking me to do them straight away or not!

Does anyone have any experience of this, I'm wondering if it is a sign that my application will be slower than others?

Hi Nikki,

We had the same email from our CO (AW). We applied on the 24th March and email from CO on the 2nd June asking for medical and police check but with no deadline.

Now just waiting.......:confused:

Makes no difference, you just upload the marriage certificate when you have it.

Hi Nemesis, I was in the same situation as you - it makes no difference really if you are defacto or recently married, the main thing is the evidence you provide from throughout your relationship.

We got married 2 months after submitting our (defacto) application, you just fill out a change of circumstances form afterwards saying you got married / your wife's name has changed and upload your marriage certificate for reference.

We got advice from a migration agent and this is what we were told.

Hope this helps!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Nikki,

We had the same email from our CO (AW). We applied on the 24th March and email from CO on the 2nd June asking for medical and police check but with no deadline.

Now just waiting.......:confused:

So hard isn't it! I'd love to hear from you when you are granted, I am pretty much two weeks behind you so maybe that will be my two week heads up! Good luck!

How come some of you guys get CO's while some of us don't? I though UK and Canada would be similar and not have a CO. I don't have a CO just wondering why my UK friends do?

When did you lodge? It may be you've not been assigned one yet, especially if the wait time is longer from there.

Also, it could be you do have one but if you've lodged everything already they have no reason to contact you till a grant is ready.

Either way, I'd not worry overly. You have a reference number and so on and its all lodged, so its in the system.

When did you lodge? It may be you've not been assigned one yet, especially if the wait time is longer from there.

Also, it could be you do have one but if you've lodged everything already they have no reason to contact you till a grant is ready.

Either way, I'd not worry overly. You have a reference number and so on and its all lodged, so its in the system.

hi! I lodged back in early February 2016. I have been asked to complete medical and police check. Uploaded everything I could and have heard nothing since. All it says is recieved so I'm wondering if this illusion CO will even contact me lol.

hi! I lodged back in early February 2016. I have been asked to complete medical and police check. Uploaded everything I could and have heard nothing since. All it says is recieved so I'm wondering if this illusion CO will even contact me lol.

If you've done the medical and police check and have provided everything else they need to make a decision you may well not hear anything till they are ready to grant, This is quite normal. Don't think that not hearing from a CO is a bad thing ;)

Hi all,

Wondering if anyone can help with my situation?

Hoping to apply for 309, partner has citizenship by descent but we don't live together.

We have been together for 3 years and have recently gotten engaged (marriage isn't on the cards yet)

We don't do family get togethers but friends and family can give statements and we do have things like a joint bank account, car insurance docs.

Any advice would be greatly received. Thank you in advance.

Hi from my own experience I couldn't apply for this visa due to the last 12 months I haven't lived with my partner for the whole time due to work commitments we have also been together for 3 years and are engaged but our migration agent advised we don't have a strong enough case to complete this visa, we are in the process of the 300 prospective marriage visa then once married we can apply for the partner visa, good luck with yours

Hi zx6r, I would go speak to a migration agent. From memory of the research I did it could be that the prospective marriage visa may work for you but a professional would be able to let you know, and help you make your application as strong as possible. Good luck!

Hi from my own experience I couldn't apply for this visa due to the last 12 months I haven't lived with my partner for the whole time due to work commitments we have also been together for 3 years and are engaged but our migration agent advised we don't have a strong enough case to complete this visa, we are in the process of the 300 prospective marriage visa then once married we can apply for the partner visa, good luck with yours

Many thanks for the reply. I wonder if it will make any difference as we regularly stop over at each others respective properties? 6 out of 7 days, 3 at each. ( I get a day off lol)

Hi zx6r, I would go speak to a migration agent. From memory of the research I did it could be that the prospective marriage visa may work for you but a professional would be able to let you know, and help you make your application as strong as possible. Good luck!

Thanks for the advice, the prospective marriage one is no good for us> When we get to the stage of marriage then we want it on own own terms in our own time.

That visa basically forces it within the 9 months period and then you have to pay again to apply for the partner visa . :)

Hi all,

Wondering if anyone can help with my situation?

Hoping to apply for 309, partner has citizenship by descent but we don't live together.

We have been together for 3 years and have recently gotten engaged (marriage isn't on the cards yet)

We don't do family get togethers but friends and family can give statements and we do have things like a joint bank account, car insurance docs.

Any advice would be greatly received. Thank you in advance.

TBH, reading this and your other posts it doesn't sound like you meet the requirements atm if you look at what immigration state they are wanting.

You can't just 'stop over' at each others houses in turns each week (that is still something people do when they are dating in my book). You need to be de facto for at least 12 months prior to lodging. Dating, being engaged and having an account together doesn't really give you much supporting evidence. You haven't set a firm date for the wedding and don't seem to have much else to put towards proving de facto (going on what you've said here).

De facto means a couple living together as a married couple would, apart from the not being married bit. The immi site says 'You must be in a genuine and ongoing relationship. You must live with your partner or, if you do not, any separation must be only temporary.'

If you live locally to one another say and can easily spend nights each week at each others homes, then why can't you live together as a couple if you are claiming de facto to apply for a partner visa is possibly how immigration will view it. I get it if you were working at one end of the country each week and only home on weekends to your shared home the other end but if you are living locally enough to each other to 'stop over' how can you properly argue that point or explain it away? My husband worked away for the first year we lived together but we could fully account and explain why he worked away each week and why we did not move to Surrey to live where he was working. And that our actual home, his registered address and mine and so on was where we both lived.

As a de facto couple, my future husband and I lived together as if we were a married couple. We had our own bank accounts, plus a shared one. Our salaries went into our own accounts and we used the joint one to pay in to for some bills and shared expenses etc. We each paid different bills for our property over the course of our de facto relationship. I paid the phone/internet, car insurance and house insurance for example. He paid gas and electric, council tax and water (both our names were on these last two). We both paid for the shopping as and when.

We were both named on the car insurance. We both had drivers licences that showed us as being at the same address that matched the car insurance.

We had wills/life insurance policies naming the other.

We shared domestic jobs around the home. He did DIY and I did most of the cooking. We both did housework. We had a social life as a couple and as individuals and could write about it in our supporting statements. I'd go support him playing cricket and cycling, he'd support me in my interests. Then we were able to break down the statements to cover how we shared the domestic stuff, the emotional support, how our relationship had started, when we decided to live together and when we moved in together etc. We gave dates for some of the big events like moving in together and his working away from home Mon-Fri for a year. The 12 months he worked away from home wasn't the 12 months prior to lodging. But as we were claiming it as one of the years of us being a couple we needed to account for it in the application and covered it in our statements and with our other supporting evidence (ie included some bills for that year).

Just had to call them to let them know that we are going travelling for the next 8 months. Hoped it would prompt the visa to arrive but no luck haha.....I'm so impatient!

Have you notified them via email and ensured you have given them an email address you will check on a regular basis?

Just had to call them to let them know that we are going travelling for the next 8 months. Hoped it would prompt the visa to arrive but no luck haha.....I'm so impatient!

Lucky you, going travelling while you wait, that will kill the time beautifully! Where are you off to?