SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Each case is unique, I get that.

hope your not too far down the line now buddy

As Samon has mentioned, they are not issued in order it seems. You may find that no matter how much progress is being made on issuing other people's visas, your application may be held up. I am a case in point, having applied in Sept, having been married (in Aus) well over a decade, two children who are Australian citizens, medical and PC requested and submitted at the start of the year, and yet my visa has not been granted.

Congratulations, Jen! Really pleased for you - you've been a stalwart on the site and it's great to see it finally happening for you.

This is a few days late but I GOT MY VISA GREAT ON TUESDAY (19th) over the moon, such a relief to hold that bit of paper in my hand.....So that's 10 months to the day :jiggy:couldn't be granted any sooner as on a PMV u get 9 months & I get married end of November.

looking to book flight for end June :ssign19:

what is the average visa timeline now days for the 309 visa? the end of last year it was 12months or more, but having a quick look on here it has been reduced? is this correct? and when will they reduce the costs? :biglaugh:

No the official timeframe has not been reduced. It is still 10-14 months on the Aus High Commission website. Or was a couple of weeks ago.

Yes some people are seeing grants earlier but this does not mean it will remain the case or happen for everyone. Don't bank on it, don't plan for an early grant. If it comes through sooner, great, if not you can't panic as the 10-14 month timeline is still in place and you need to work to that.

Congratulations, Jen! Really pleased for you - you've been a stalwart on the site and it's great to see it finally happening for you.

Thanks Markp, it's a great feeling..... Just sorting out removals & a goodbye night out ;) a quick trip to Spain to spend some time with my mum then We'll be off :) hope yr plans r coming along?

I'm on a PMV SO I'll be staying on here for when I start the next part in 9 months time and that part I'll do on my own without an agent.... I'm sure I'll need a little help lol all the best to u :)

Afternoon everyone!

When we first applied for our (second) partner visa we spent a lot of time on the forum and remember reading about a couple of people that had sent their CO an email on the 10 month mark inquiring about status and they had then received their visa a week or so later.

We are thinking about doing the same as we reach our 10 month mark on Saturday. Just wondering if anyone here has tried something similar and what the outcome was before we send an email off.

Wishing there was some rhyme or reason to the approvals, so hard to watch people get theirs after 4, 5 or 6 months. My thoughts go out to our fellow longer wait couples and families.

Applied: 30/06/2015

CO: DP

Congrats guys it's a great feeling of relief when you get it.....Im not a drinker but had to have a glass of champagne or two in the evening....... For the Raillys would have sent you a like but don't know how to do it.....

Can u see the red like in the right hand bottom corner? Just press that on the status yr reading.... Does that help? :)

@Amandaandchris. We applied on the 29th of June 2015, so are also approaching the 10 month mark. So frustrating to watch visas coming through from so long after we applied. We're in Australia, we arrived three weeks as Im a permanent resident and it was going to expire. My husband and two children are on Visitor visas (600) waiting for their grants. I'm looking for work and we're living with my parents. Eagerly waiting for our grant so my husband can work and kids can go to school. We've got them medicare as theirs a reciprocal agreement with the U.K, so they're being immunised next week for chicken pox otherwise they cant go to school. I emailed our case officer last week and got a generic response about time waits etc. We unfortunately have a part time case officer :(

@pompom15, quite a lot of the CO seem to be part time. Doesn't affect the application process that I am aware of. My CO was part time and there were no delays and visa was granted within the timeframe given. Same for lots of others with different CO's.

@snifter Oh okay, fair enough. I wasn't sure how it worked. It just confuses me a little how different the grant times are and I don't understand how it works. Just a little gutting to see people being granted at 5/6 months even though I know the processing time is 10-14 months. I just hope it will be soon!!

@snifter Oh okay, fair enough. I wasn't sure how it worked. It just confuses me a little how different the grant times are and I don't understand how it works. Just a little gutting to see people being granted at 5/6 months even though I know the processing time is 10-14 months. I just hope it will be soon!!

No one really understands how it works re grant times as there is no pattern to it and grants can come whenever. No point trying to second guess them as there is no way of knowing.

I always say work to the official timeframe, then if it happens to come through sooner great, if it doesn't you can't be too upset (well, try not to be :cute:). I know its not the ideal but really, if they tell people 10-14 months, you know it will be in there somewhere. Living in hope it will be sooner or planning to move sooner etc before that time, well, everyone is different but too often people are let down, anxious wanting a grant at 7, 8 or 9 months and really upset when it runs to 10 months or more when that was the time from the outset. You can't live on what ifs or maybes, so work with what you do know is how I look at it and then anything else is a bonus :)

@pompom15 I know what you mean. We're also in limbo, I'm an Aus citizen and my partner and I met when he was on a working visa, after having the first onshore visa refused we've now applied for the offshore one while staying in the UK for a few months. Now back in Aus for the wait(he's on a tourist visa). Looking forward to getting on with our lives and not being in limbo.

Its easy to say not to hope for it to be approved sooner than the 10-14 months but makes it hard when you do see so many people getting it earlier. Well fingers crossed this will be our month! :)

Edited by Amandaandchris
Emoticons didn't work

Had a phone call out of the blue yesterday from my case worker........that I didn't realise I had!!

Gave me some real positive news, but was asking for some further info

I'm still a long way down the line, but things are starting to progress!

Keep the faith everyone!

Cheers

Edited by QPRMARK

Had a phone call out of the blue yesterday from my case worker........that I didn't realise I had!!

Asking for some further info relating to my daughters........

I'm still a long way down the line, but things are starting to progress!

Keep the faith everyone!

Cheers

Great to know someone is actually looking at your application hey!! Good news. We are booking in for the medical in the next few weeks & getting the police report done so it's all ready to go.

Fingers crossed that it means you will be getting processed quickly if they are looking at it already!

I know, I was really really surprised that I was assigned one so quickly. But as you say, it's nice to know that the process has started!

Great to know someone is actually looking at your application hey!! Good news. We are booking in for the medical in the next few weeks & getting the police report done so it's all ready to go.

Fingers crossed that it means you will be getting processed quickly if they are looking at it already!

This cannot be correct- we were told 10-14 months ( not weeks)

That's right.

Just because a CO contacts an applicant a few months after lodging for something doesn't mean they are going to approve the visa any time soon. It does happen a CO will request more info once they are assigned the case but once its been submitted the case goes on the pile awhile and not much happens to it.