SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

I agree totally, we are in exactly the same position as yourself.

My Aussie wife is planning to go back in Sept with our daughter to get settled before I get approved........leaving me to resign from work, sell the house etc etc.

The process is what it is, so no pointing stressing about it!!

The wait continues............

I agree, it's really difficult with planning and timings isn't it. Once we have the visa, we need to sell the house, then my husband has a 3 month notice period at work and we have kids that we need to get into a school over there, preferably at the beginning of the term. It would be great if they informed us when they approve the visa, but just say something like "Not for entry before XYZ date", then you feel safer to get along with the things like resigning from work and selling your house etc.....

I agree, it's really difficult with planning and timings isn't it. Once we have the visa, we need to sell the house, then my husband has a 3 month notice period at work and we have kids that we need to get into a school over there, preferably at the beginning of the term. It would be great if they informed us when they approve the visa, but just say something like "Not for entry before XYZ date", then you feel safer to get along with the things like resigning from work and selling your house etc.....

Yes, we're in exactly the same situation - can't do a thing until we get approval - then my husband has to give 3 months months notice & we need to sell our house (but doesnt want to give up work until we've exchanged house contracts just incase). I would love to get our children to school for the start of their new school year (end of Jan/early Feb) but honestly doubtful it can all happen by then. Heard nothing yet, been 2 months, but not expecting a CO for 1-2 months. It is so hard to wait!

Yes, hang in there! Very complicated. I'm not sure about the rest of you, but I had no idea that the timeline was so long before we applied. Our kids citizenship by decent only took a few weeks. I guess that's what my expectations were for some bizarre reason.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, hang in there! Very complicated. I'm not sure about the rest of you, but I had no idea that the timeline was so long before we applied. Our kids citizenship by decent only took a few weeks. I guess that's what my expectations were for some bizarre reason.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i know - it's crazy - I have an Oz passport & our children got their Citizen by Descent certificates last month so it's just a waiting game for my husband to get this visa. Going to make a mammoth list of everything we need to do & do research, so once we get the green light so we can crack on!

Congratulations Jen44!!!! That is so exciting- good to see another PMV grant through.

Just curious about what you said with regards to the 9 months thing- is this that they will only approve 9 months before the expected wedding date at the soonest?? Ours is set for March 2017....really wanting to get this grant through asap so I can apply for jobs in Aus! We are not planning to move until August but the field I am searching in has several openings for August/September but most require "evidence that you are able to work in Australia" (understandably so) which we don't have yet :( Our CO said for us to expect a grant through around 8 months before the wedding date (so that would put us at July) allowing 1 month afterwards to lodge the spouse visa application in Australia.

We applied in August and we are just getting really antsy at this point :(

i was told they like to give u at least 1-2 months after wedding date so for me that rings true I get married end November so I'll have till 19th jan to submit next part. I know someone else that only has a month after wedding so sound about right. If yr visa comes in July that give u a month after wedding? Yes.?... Would be so much better if the 9 months started when u activate the visa... Lots to sort out right at the last minute, not that I'm complaining lol I'm over the moon to get the grant :)

i know - it's crazy - I have an Oz passport & our children got their Citizen by Descent certificates last month so it's just a waiting game for my husband to get this visa. Going to make a mammoth list of everything we need to do & do research, so once we get the green light so we can crack on!

That's pretty much how I went about it. I did all my planning, research, when to get shipping quotes etc and masses more while I was in the waiting process. It was actually good to do as it stopped me really thinking about the visa wait and I had lots of other things I could get on and organise. I started having sort outs of things we could donate to charity shops etc, so slowly did things like taking old clothes, bedding and stuff to the shops, recycling other things and just whittling it down over time. So that once the visa grant came through I was so well organised and didn't have half as much to organise and get done before we could head off. Did things like got the garden up together, painted a few rooms and stuff.

It can be a bit more tricky if you are planning to sell a house once the visa grant is through but this is where I think that if you are a genuine relationship etc and have no health or criminal issues, you can probably get the ground work done and in place and be ready to put the house on the market (some put it on and sell it and so on and stay with family for the last month or two even). Also if a house doesn't sell or some such the person with the visa can make a trip to validate in the timeframe they have been given. So then they have a few more years in which to make the move after validating. Its not a move within 6 months or its over deal, just validate and you've plenty more time.

Any newbies wondering how to put yr detail at the bottom of your page.... Go into yr settings & click on edit signature, write details & press save :)

i didn't know this till someone told me so hope this is helpful to some of u :wink:

Does anyone have case officer with the initials IH? Really hoping my visa will be granted soon, people getting granted in December starting to make me worry my visa is going to be declined :no:

Hopefully it is just that some case officers are faster [emoji6][emoji16]

We applied 1/10/15 and haven't heard yet ... So fingers crossed!

I think it's great that the next batch of visas are starting to trickle through.

Im quite a long way off, in terms of when it's hopefully my turn.

ive done a fair bit of research of this great forum, and can only assume that when a visa is granted, the case worker, picks up the next one!

So I'm glad that when people get approved, I'm one step nearer!!

Cheers

I think it's great that the next batch of visas are starting to trickle through.

Im quite a long way off, in terms of when it's hopefully my turn.

ive done a fair bit of research of this great forum, and can only assume that when a visa is granted, the case worker, picks up the next one!

So I'm glad that when people get approved, I'm one step nearer!!

Cheers

As Samon has mentioned, they are not issued in order it seems. You may find that no matter how much progress is being made on issuing other people's visas, your application may be held up. I am a case in point, having applied in Sept, having been married (in Aus) well over a decade, two children who are Australian citizens, medical and PC requested and submitted at the start of the year, and yet my visa has not been granted.