SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Did you not want to work until Christmas and get some extra cash?

Nah I'm done with teaching and living in London around half of my wage was going on mortgage payments! If I leave in Summer I still get paid until September....and it means selling the flat is less stressful as I'll be on summer hols too

I'M APPROVED! CAN I GET A WHOMP WHOMP!!!! Ok calm down....stats. I live in Scotland and applied to the London office. My husband is Australian, we met 4 years ago in Singapore and married 2.5 years ago. A lot of our relationship was backpacking, so we have lots of travel tickets in our names. Coming back to the UK all we have in our joint names is our flat lease, council tax and bank accounts. My husband sponsored his ex partner 6 years ago on a fiancee visa, which she used for 1 month before the relationship fell apart. As soon as we were assigned a case officer, the details next to his name on the Immi Account said "approved" next to his name, so we knew he was fine to sponsor me.

Applied; 11th October 2015 (our 2nd wedding anniversary!)

Assigned C/O and requested medical/PC - 14th January 2016

Submitted PC/medical - 28th January 2016

Approved - TODAY! 19th April!! 4 years and 1 day since we met!!

Grand total of 6 months and 1 week from application to approval!!

I'M APPROVED! CAN I GET A WHOMP WHOMP!!!! Ok calm down....stats. I live in Scotland and applied to the London office. My husband is Australian, we met 4 years ago in Singapore and married 2.5 years ago. A lot of our relationship was backpacking, so we have lots of travel tickets in our names. Coming back to the UK all we have in our joint names is our flat lease, council tax and bank accounts. My husband sponsored his ex partner 6 years ago on a fiancee visa, which she used for 1 month before the relationship fell apart. As soon as we were assigned a case officer, the details next to his name on the Immi Account said "approved" next to his name, so we knew he was fine to sponsor me.

Applied; 11th October 2015 (our 2nd wedding anniversary!)

Assigned C/O and requested medical/PC - 14th January 2016

Submitted PC/medical - 28th January 2016

Approved - TODAY! 19th April!! 4 years and 1 day since we met!!

Grand total of 6 months and 1 week from application to approval!!

Oh! To clarify its the 309/100 visa :)

I know I shouldn't get excited but I can't help it when I am seeing people who applied for their visas in October being granted, fingers crossed it stays like this and they will soon be granting November applications :jiggy:

I had a similar request, saying to get medical shortly after applying. Not sure if that's the norm though, but had medical and police checks done in one hit.......

They must be busy in London, I have already had a request for the medical and we only submitted the application 9 days ago! Or is that normal?

Hi, we haven't been assigned a case worker yet. When we submitted our application, we received the medical referral letter, which said to get your medical done.

Just wondered why you have been able to get a caseworker. We lodged my husband's application on 1st Feb and was told in March they were still processing applications for December. Still heard nothing

This is a few days late but I GOT MY VISA GREAT ON TUESDAY (19th) over the moon, such a relief to hold that bit of paper in my hand.....So that's 10 months to the day :jiggy:couldn't be granted any sooner as on a PMV u get 9 months & I get married end of November.

looking to book flight for end June :ssign19:

Edited by Jen44

Hi

I've not posted for a couple of weeks as I have been crazy busy at Uni :jiggy:We haven't heard anything, although I am not expecting to just yet. Hoping May/June we might have a case officer assigned. Police checks and medicals done as I just wanted them out the way and one less thing to worry about. Anyone else feeling like this is consuming their whole life at the minute??? :arghh: Sending me slightly bonkers as I am not good at waiting for things!!

Anyone have any ideas where they are up to with assigning case officers? Have anyone rang anywhere for info? Not sure if it is best to ring or not!

Has been taking 3/4 months to get case officer, it's just a waiting game but they will get round to you :)

Awe thank you xx I thought as much! I hate waiting ! Not like it makes a difference as we can't move to next July anyway! Just nice to know you are in the process I guess!!

Hi

I've not posted for a couple of weeks as I have been crazy busy at Uni :jiggy:We haven't heard anything, although I am not expecting to just yet. Hoping May/June we might have a case officer assigned. Police checks and medicals done as I just wanted them out the way and one less thing to worry about. Anyone else feeling like this is consuming their whole life at the minute??? :arghh: Sending me slightly bonkers as I am not good at waiting for things!!

Anyone have any ideas where they are up to with assigning case officers? Have anyone rang anywhere for info? Not sure if it is best to ring or not!

I'd not phone. It's a waste of your time IMHO. Your application is lodged, you are in the queue and you've undertaken the police check and medical before a CO is assigned. So nothing else to do but wait for a CO to contact you if they require anything further. It may be they don't contact you as they don't need anything. That is not a bad thing or reason to panic. There is honestly nothing else you can do. They don't need you calling enquiring about the status of your visa grant while it's still within the processing time. You just waste their time and yours. Remember, the processing time officially is 10-14 months for the off shore from the UK so work to that and if it comes sooner for you then great.

Brilliant, thanks tracy8099. I saw on my medical it said 100 but my partner is a bit of a pessimist and said that's probably because that's the visa I would end up with so not t get too excited!

My medical form says this too and I got really excitedBUT we arent married and we have only been de facto for 2.5 years??

This is a few days late but I GOT MY VISA GREAT ON TUESDAY (19th) over the moon, such a relief to hold that bit of paper in my hand.....So that's 10 months to the day :jiggy:couldn't be granted any sooner as on a PMV u get 9 months & I get married end of November.

looking to book flight for end June :ssign19:

Congratulations Jen44!!!! That is so exciting- good to see another PMV grant through.

Just curious about what you said with regards to the 9 months thing- is this that they will only approve 9 months before the expected wedding date at the soonest?? Ours is set for March 2017....really wanting to get this grant through asap so I can apply for jobs in Aus! We are not planning to move until August but the field I am searching in has several openings for August/September but most require "evidence that you are able to work in Australia" (understandably so) which we don't have yet :( Our CO said for us to expect a grant through around 8 months before the wedding date (so that would put us at July) allowing 1 month afterwards to lodge the spouse visa application in Australia.

We applied in August and we are just getting really antsy at this point :(

I agree, it's really difficult with planning and timings isn't it. Once we have the visa, we need to sell the house, then my husband has a 3 month notice period at work and we have kids that we need to get into a school over there, preferably at the beginning of the term. It would be great if they informed us when they approve the visa, but just say something like "Not for entry before XYZ date", then you feel safer to get along with the things like resigning from work and selling your house etc.....