SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Hi everyone! just wanted to do a super quick update.

Arrived in Perth on Saturday after a smooth 21 hour Journey via Singapore on Singapore Airlines. The only issue I had with my journey was when checking my bags in at Heathrow, the lady at the desk didn't know about Singapore's 40kg allowance. luckily I had an email from them a couple of months ago confirming, so she checked with her supervisor and it was fine. Just a word of warning that it might be worth getting some written confirmation with who you intend to fly with, as it was an extra 56GBP per kilo and didn't fancy paying nearly 700 for an extra case!

Fast forward a few hours to arriving in Perth, had all my paperwork ready to be questioned, and I walked straight through. Nothing. Maybe it was because i'm from the UK? i don't know, but I was expecting a 'why are you emigrating' at least. Nope! So out I came to Benn waiting for me in arrivals and there our 3 hour journey drive began.

Since then I've been doing all the boring stuff like opening bank accounts, sorting medicare, registering at GP's etc. The weather has been around 24 which has been lovely, and i'm just starting to feel a little less jet lagged and more human!

all going well then, so glad to hear that :) sounds like yr feet haven't hit the ground yet! Lol thanks for update :)

100 visa granted today! I checked and the date we lodged was actually 4th Sept. So 7 months, more or less. I ended up speaking to our case officer and she was so, so lovely. Amazing how you forget there are real people behind the distant, administrative process.

I don't post a lot but my wife and I have followed this and other threads a great deal. You've been a real source of information, support and reassurance. Thank you so much!

Congratulations! Exactly 1 month today that I applied for mine.....feels like an eternity. Quite a few people seem to haven been granted around 7/8 months so fingers crossed for that. Can I ask if you had to confirm that you were after the 100 visa rather than the 309? I've been with my partner 7 years and living together for 5 so should be eligible but just wasn't sure if I had to indicate that anywhere.

Thanks

Good luck and all the best in Oz!

Congratulations! Exactly 1 month today that I applied for mine.....feels like an eternity. Quite a few people seem to haven been granted around 7/8 months so fingers crossed for that. Can I ask if you had to confirm that you were after the 100 visa rather than the 309? I've been with my partner 7 years and living together for 5 so should be eligible but just wasn't sure if I had to indicate that anywhere.

Thanks

No you don't need to say anything. When you are granted you will get 2 separate emails - the first is the 309 and the 2nd is for the 100 of you do go straight to 100.

A little clue though have an extra close look on any paperwork you get like requesting extra info or the medical as ours had 100 written on it [emoji4]

No you don't need to say anything. When you are granted you will get 2 separate emails - the first is the 309 and the 2nd is for the 100 of you do go straight to 100.

A little clue though have an extra close look on any paperwork you get like requesting extra info or the medical as ours had 100 written on it [emoji4]

Brilliant, thanks tracy8099. I saw on my medical it said 100 but my partner is a bit of a pessimist and said that's probably because that's the visa I would end up with so not t get too excited!

Thanks! No, I didn't need to specifically request it. We'd been married for over 3 years, we have a daughter with Australian citizenship and I lived in Oz for three years before. Maybe that helped? Good luck with yours!

Thanks

Hi AMBTS16, I was just wondering who your CO is as you applied a few days before me and no one else has the same CO as me yet.

309/100 lodged London 03/11/2015

CO 26/01/2016

Medical 25/02/2016

Police check 08/03/2016

used an agent

Would be nice to see a flurry of grants this week and congrats to those with recent grants. I've been waiting for my application to be allocated to a C.O but nothing yet. Would be nice to see December 15 application being processed.

Prospective Marriage (300) Visa offshore from UK sent 6th April 2016

Acknowledgement of receipt 7th April...am I in for a long wait??

Probably. Just sit tight and don't bank on an early grant. If it does come through sooner, bonus and lucky you :)

Took me just under 18 months to get my 300 that was 2 years ago in not sure on the waiting now?? Some people got theres alot earlier then i did n they applied after me so its just a waiting game,, dont get ya hopes up too much its pretty dissapointing i done it month to month lol

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

Hi all, I've been emailed about the 2nd stage of the 309/100 visa for my permanent resident which is fab, but I'm a bit unsure how to fill out the forms re my name- really don't want it to be declined etc.....

My query is that we moved to Oz about 2 weeks after my 309 got granted, my UK passport that the visa is connected to is in my maiden name, but all my stuff here in Oz is under my married name. I've started my Immi account and so far put my maiden name down where it asks for name as it appears on passport, and married name further down, and have said I have my birth cert, UK driving licence, marriage certificate with maiden name.

Firstly, is this ok to do, I will be uploading my Oz driving licence etc that has my married name on there?

Secondly, I've tentatively filled out the AFP online form with my married name as everything here has it, if I upload the ID they need as well as my marriage certificate, do you think that will work?

Thanks!

Hi all, I've been emailed about the 2nd stage of the 309/100 visa for my permanent resident which is fab, but I'm a bit unsure how to fill out the forms re my name- really don't want it to be declined etc.....

My query is that we moved to Oz about 2 weeks after my 309 got granted, my UK passport that the visa is connected to is in my maiden name, but all my stuff here in Oz is under my married name. I've started my Immi account and so far put my maiden name down where it asks for name as it appears on passport, and married name further down, and have said I have my birth cert, UK driving licence, marriage certificate with maiden name.

Firstly, is this ok to do, I will be uploading my Oz driving licence etc that has my married name on there?

Secondly, I've tentatively filled out the AFP online form with my married name as everything here has it, if I upload the ID they need as well as my marriage certificate, do you think that will work?

Thanks!

The name you use on the visa form should be the name on your passport.

If other documents are in different names then as long as DIBP can see they are still you -via your marriage cert for instance, then thats ok. But the visa needs to be in the same name as the passport you are using.

When I got my original spouse visa i had half the stuff in one name and half in the other, I think they are used to it!

The name you use on the visa form should be the name on your passport.

If other documents are in different names then as long as DIBP can see they are still you -via your marriage cert for instance, then thats ok. But the visa needs to be in the same name as the passport you are using.

When I got my original spouse visa i had half the stuff in one name and half in the other, I think they are used to it!

Thanks for coming back to me!!

Good to know that they probably see it alot!!

Did you get your police check done in your maiden or married name?

Hello Everyone.. Newbie here..

My girlfriend is an Australian citizen and we are applying for the De Facto 309/100 visa next week. My query - Can I apply for the 12 months e-visitor visa whilst my other application is in progress and stay with my GF? will this have any impact to my application?

Hi everyone, I have just joined the forum!

Just returned from a trip to Australia with my boyfriend to see if we wanted to go ahead with a move - came back Sunday, applied for the 309 Monday and uploaded all the docs Tuesday. Its been an interesting read on here so I thought I would join in the waiting game.

He and I have been together 4.5 years and defacto for just over 2 so we are looking at the 309 rather than the 100 obviously.

Just returned from a trip to Australia with my boyfriend to see if we wanted to go ahead with a move - came back Sunday, applied for the 309 Monday and uploaded all the docs Tuesday. Its been an interesting read on here so I thought I would join in the waiting game.

He and I have been together 4.5 years and defacto for just over 2 so we are looking at the 309 rather than the 100 obviously.

welcome & good luck... The wait isn't as bad as u thing it's gonna be, I applied almost 10 months ago & looking bk it's gone pretty fast..... I think the key is to keep yrself busy! Lol :wacko::biglaugh:

Hello Everyone.. Newbie here..

My girlfriend is an Australian citizen and we are applying for the De Facto 309/100 visa next week. My query - Can I apply for the 12 months e-visitor visa whilst my other application is in progress and stay with my GF? will this have any impact to my application?

It may well be declined as that is not the intent of that visa as you would not be a tourist. You would be using it to wait out a visa grant. Its not what it is intended for and they would see you had an off shore partner visa application lodged so may well query it and your purpose on it.

If you want to be onshore in Aus with your partner, why not lodge an on shore application rather than an off shore one? You'd go onto a bridging visa with work rights while the application was pending and once a short stay 3 month tourist visa expired. Consider though the job situation while waiting may not be great on that visa type but IMHO it beats being stuck on a tourist visa for 12 months (or possibly having one for that long declined). Work could be harder to come by or only temp or casual employment but it beats not being able to work at all.

welcome & good luck... The wait isn't as bad as u thing it's gonna be, I applied almost 10 months ago & looking bk it's gone pretty fast..... I think the key is to keep yrself busy! Lol :wacko::biglaugh:

Thanks! I am definitely doing that as I have just handed in my notice for the summer (Im a teacher) and we have just seen the estate agents tout our flat on the market!

All systems go :)

wow that's quick work! Took me a month or so to get all the evidence together and ready to submit. Good luck with the wait! I only applied a month ago so am at the beginning of the process too. Out of interest, how long did you spend over there deciding whether or not you wanted to move? I've only spent 4 weeks in Oz (5 years ago!) .....

wow that's quick work! Took me a month or so to get all the evidence together and ready to submit. Good luck with the wait! I only applied a month ago so am at the beginning of the process too. Out of interest, how long did you spend over there deciding whether or not you wanted to move? I've only spent 4 weeks in Oz (5 years ago!) .....

We we were only there two weeks but we are both fed up with London and fancied a new challenge! If it doesn't work out we can always come home....

I,m a little bit further down the line than you guys, applied in early Feb......it's the waiting that kills you.......Good Luck ! And keep us posted on Progress.........Cheers

Edited by MaggieMay24
Fixed quote