SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Ahh THANK YOU! I wonder how much other stuff we missed

There is a check list you refer to to make sure nothing is missed. Supporting statements, stat decs, supporting evidence (ie bills, lease, bank statements), marriage cert, birth certs, passports, partners proof of visa in UK or UK citizenship proof (if off shore application from UK) and so on.

You did your medical and police check very early so thats done. Usually you wait to be asked by CO and do it around the 6 month mark

Congratulations. How exciting!! Do you mind me asking when your medical and police checks were requested?

They were requested in August by the CO (this was the only contact we had from them) but on or after the 24th December. Our agent advised us to wait until the New Year so we did them on the 13th Feb.

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

They were requested in August by the CO (this was the only contact we had from them) but on or after the 24th December. Our agent advised us to wait until the New Year so we did them on the 13th Feb.

Oh really? That's strange?!? Do you know why your agent suggested waiting until

New year?!? Reason I asked was because my medical was done a couple of weeks back and I am going with my daughter today for hers. This should be the last piece of the puzzle as far as I know so was wondering if I could possibly hear my outcome fairly shortly? This would make it approx round the 7 month mark but my agent states they are still taking around the 12 month mark!! Would just be a bonus if it did come through early as my partner will be flying out to Australia a week on Sunday!!

New year?!? Reason I asked was because my medical was done a couple of weeks back and I am going with my daughter today for hers. This should be the last piece of the puzzle as far as I know so was wondering if I could possibly hear my outcome fairly shortly? This would make it approx round the 7 month mark but my agent states they are still taking around the 12 month mark!! Would just be a bonus if it did come through early as my partner will be flying out to Australia a week on Sunday!!

I figured they were just trying to allow us maximum time to enter Australia. For us it wasn't an issue as we are not planning to go until later this year. I'd have thought once all your medicals are completed it shouldn't be long for the grant, ours was 2 weeks! We were originally quoted a timeframe of 10-14 months! Good luck ?

Your time to validate your visa is taken from the date of your medical or police check, whichever is first. So no point doing them early as this gives less time to validate. Better to wait till asked and then book them for the timeframe your CO gives. They usually get in touch around 3 months after lodging and ask you to do medical and police check about 3 months later and give an on or after date.

Your time to validate your visa is taken from the date of your medical or police check, whichever is first. So no point doing them early as this gives less time to validate. Better to wait till asked and then book them for the timeframe your CO gives. They usually get in touch around 3 months after lodging and ask you to do medical and police check about 3 months later and give an on or after date.

Thanks wish we had of found this forum before we applied. We are planning on going about September, if all goes well.

How long do you have to get to Australia once it is granted? I found the checklist

https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa-1/309-/Partner-(Provisional)-visa-(subclass-309)-and-Partner-(Migrant)-visa-(subclass-100)-document-checklist

Thank you

And Congratulations Amy21!

Edited by The Raillys

Congratulations Amy21!

Also, just wondering if anyone has been asked by the CO to do the health and police checks without a specific date for it to be after. Not sure if we missed it on the email, but there didn't seem to be one. My husband also uploaded the health check under my section as he had run out of space on his, anyone else done this? Thanks!

Congratulations Amy21!

Also, just wondering if anyone has been asked by the CO to do the health and police checks without a specific date for it to be after. Not sure if we missed it on the email, but there didn't seem to be one. My husband also uploaded the health check under my section as he had run out of space on his, anyone else done this? Thanks!

I didn't have to wait until after a specific date. I had mine done a few days after it was requested.

Congratulations Amy21!

i didnt have have a date. It just said within 70 days. I think some of the earlier applications seem to have had dates that they had to submit after. I'm hoping it's a sign they're catching up on the applications!

When we submitted our application, it specifically said not to do the health and police checks until we were requested to do so. We submitted 27 March. When our CO got in touch, he said not to have the checks done until after 27 September. So we waited. Some other evidence was requested by email, and we were told we needed to add it to our application within 70 days of the date of the email. I think this was statements by friends, although I can't be sure on that.

@Wkdstyle Congratulations! I fly next week to get mine! its been scheduled for the first day that im offshore! yay!

Where are you going and how long for? So when you sent your CO the flight details they informed you they would grant the visa on the first day your offshore? :rolleyes:

I am off to Bali and confirmed my flights with the Department the next day after getting the email. A few days after that she confirmed that my grant had been scheduled for the first working day that I will be away! Exciting times :)

Where you gonna head to?

I've not booked my flights yet, going to Christchurch since there is cheap flights from Brisbane. I just got back from a cruise so I can't afford to go elsewhere, I was on a e visitor visa and had to leave the country. It's been stressful and I'll be glad when I get the grant.

oh tell me about it!

I have had one visa declined which im appealing at the tribunal and now just got my offshore visa through. Its still not over it looks like the tribunal are overturning my original decision and I am just short of being eligible for permanent residency (I applied almost two years ago, and had they granted I would be eligible in like 19 days) so im gonna keep pushing for Pr and see how that works out for me ha ha!

oh tell me about it!

I have had one visa declined which im appealing at the tribunal and now just got my offshore visa through. Its still not over it looks like the tribunal are overturning my original decision and I am just short of being eligible for permanent residency (I applied almost two years ago, and had they granted I would be eligible in like 19 days) so im gonna keep pushing for Pr and see how that works out for me ha ha!

Oh no that isn't fair, hope it gets sorted out for you. I had to leave every 3 months on the e visitor visa, I went on a South Pacific cruise and when I returned my e visitor visa had been cancelled because I wasn't considered offshore. I had to go immigration and my argument was it states no where on the visa that I can't travel on a cruise. In the end I had to get a visitor visa, more money spent. :wacko:

Any news on PCC, @Jen44???

No nothing yet, it's been over 2 months since they signed for it... My sons friend was told there's a 6/8 week delay but now it's over 2 months she's gonna call the Spanish ministry of justice again see if they can give her any more info... If this was holding the grant up I'd be so pissed off but since they couldn't grant anyway it's not bothered me to much. Would be nice to have it in my hand tho!!! Lol

How things going with yr plans?

Edited by Jen44

Hi ? I would like some info on the 600 holiday visa, if anyone can help. My daughter's husband is 8 months into applying for the Partner visa 309/100 and they want to come onshore before grant. Could the 600 visa override the Partner visa if the 309/100 was granted before it?

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk