SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

We had our 309/100 visa granted Friday. We applied online 16th June 2015, medicals submitted in December and police check only submitted on the 6th January 2016. Visa granted 8th January 2016, a lot faster than we originally thought it would be .. In all that time we never had any contact with a CO.

All the best everyone.

Huge congratulation. They Defo do not process as received xx we are still waiting and hoping

Last year we were told the timings for my husbands visa would be around 9 months. Called again before Christmas to confirm and were told it has now increased to 12-15 months!

The visa company we are using advised him to enter on a tourist visa and apply for a bridging visa and permanent visa once we are there. Otherwise I would be over there alone for quite a long time.

Im Australian and my Husband is British.

Offshore spouse visa official processing time is 10-14 months but as you can see from the latest posts it's only taking 7 months! ( and we were told 10-14 months at application too) . I wouldn't bother with a migration agent unless you have a complicated situation. The spouse visa application is really quite straightforward.

Last year we were told the timings for my husbands visa would be around 9 months. Called again before Christmas to confirm and were told it has now increased to 12-15 months!

The visa company we are using advised him to enter on a tourist visa and apply for a bridging visa and permanent visa once we are there. Otherwise I would be over there alone for quite a long time.

Im Australian and my Husband is British.

Who advised you of the timings? Your CO or your agent? If it was your agent then ooops. If it was your CO then your processing time will be within the timeframe they quoted. They don't just make it longer after you've lodged. Your lodging processing time is your lodging processing time.

FWIW its not been 9 months for ages. The Aus High Commission website has listed the off shore partner visa via London at 10-14 months for a long time now. And the last time I looked a couple of weeks back, still did.

ETA - On shore is 12-15 months if you are planning to lodge there.

Edited by Guest
eta

Can't believe this but our 309/100 visa was granted!!! Was technically yesterday but due to my partner and I using Sydney migration lawyers, the email went to them during the night. Received email this morning! 6.5 months! Police check was 15th June 2015, Lodged application offshore 24th June 2015, Medical 23rd July 2015. Never been assigned CO nor any contact.

Thank you to everyone who's contributed to the forum or answered any of my questions. Really helped with the waiting and application process.

Good luck to everyone else that's waiting. Am sure it will be very soon! x

Hi all - one more visa grant for today! We received the permanent 100 visa today after just over 6.5 months (applied on 21st June). No requests for additional info / documents from our case officer. We'd been in a de facto relationship (living together) for over three years at the time of applying, hence the 100 visa. In case anyone is interested, the medical was uploaded last week and police check uploaded yesterday. Hope those of you waiting get grant notices soon!