SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

I got the same email yesterday, so that makes six of us.

I had been waiting to submit my police and medical checks to ensure that I'll have plenty of time to validate the visa once it's granted. Having had the reminder it was clearly time to do both! So I applied for my police certificate yesterday and booked my medical for next week. It's starting to feel more real now!

Doing my medical on Tuesday at Manchester Spire. That's the only bit I'm nervous about!

I hope thou my other halfw Kuwait police clearance doesn't take forever to come back, as they aren't the best for time keeping or rushing over there. Do you think if not in before the end Jan, they will hold of making a decision

I doubt they'll make a decision without all the evidence like police checks. If a spell in Kuwait living was declared and requires a police clearance, then they will want to see if I would think.

My my nerves are shot.... Get up check emails, make a cuppa ... Check emails .... On the hour every hour check emails.... Go to bed check emails ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh seriously come on !!!! :wink:

You are just scraping into the 10 month mark so I'd just try to not get too het up about it. It may not come till after the new year now and no point stressing about it. If they are not granting in a hurry you could have a few more months ahead. It'll get here thats the main thing :)

How long is the time lapse then, for validation? I haven't been able to find that anywhere.

They generally work out from the date of your medical or police check, whichever is in first.

This means if you undertake these when asked by CO, usually around the 6 month mark after lodging, this gives you usually 6-8 months to validate (depending on exact grant date).

I too got the automated email... they are absolutely useless at writing emails, I can see why everyone is panicking! I have done my medicals and Police clearances and even i was like hmmmmm do i need to provide them with anything?

I hope its a sign of lots of grants in the new year though hey :)

Lol, when I read the email I panicked and couldn't think what they were trying to say. I must've missed something! Otherwise, why send an email that doesn't really say anything, especially as I haven't heard a single word from them since May....but it seems that there is no hidden agenda??? Confused of Weston super Mare!

I too got the automated email... they are absolutely useless at writing emails, I can see why everyone is panicking! I have done my medicals and Police clearances and even i was like hmmmmm do i need to provide them with anything?

I hope its a sign of lots of grants in the new year though hey :)

i got same email too so that makes 9 of us now!!! Lol

all good tho, medical booked for 29th & Spanish & uk police check being sent off tomorrow :xmas18:

Yea I dont think it means anything unless your case officer has asked for something from you! I did my medicals about a week after applying and same with my police clearances.

The Department can extend your Medicals for 6 months, so I figured I would get in there early and get them done! it makes no difference though, Jen44 and are moving along at the same pace :)

FYI the London office is closed now....

Our office is currently closed for the Christmas and New Year holidays and

will re-open on 29 & 30 December 2015 between 0900hrs - 1600hrs London

time. Normal operations will resume on Monday 04 January 2016.

Yayyyyyy now to pack laptop away and enjoy our last uk Christmas xxxxxx wishing all a good Christmas and new year xxx see you all in 2016 xxxxxxx :wink: xxxx

FYI the London office is closed now....

Our office is currently closed for the Christmas and New Year holidays and

will re-open on 29 & 30 December 2015 between 0900hrs - 1600hrs London

time. Normal operations will resume on Monday 04 January 2016.

I had a quick look at last years posts around this time, there appears to be a flurry of grants leading up to and following their christmas break. Hopefully all you lot who got 'the email' will get blessed relief come the new year. & for those near the end of the queue may get a CO or two...:xmas29:

@bobby122, @unclejames and @Gazbad - I too am onshore and coming up for 6 months in waiting (only a couple of months now perhaps) can I just ask, how much time did you all get to 'depart for grant'? and do you have to book a flight within 28 days? This info will be really helpful for me and my overactive planning brain! :)

Thanks in advance!

Sorry for the very late reply, but yes, I got my depart for grant email which said I needed to reply within 28 days with my flight details, and then reconfirm them the day before I fly.