SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Someone on another thread said they've been told to expect a grant in February that's there 10th month ahhhh hope mines done by jan. If not I'm going on a tourist visa not seen my man for 13 months now :(

13 months is such a long time. That must be dreadful! I am lucky that my wife is here with me, but a ten month wait will make things really difficult for me as I have 2 weeks in Melbourne at the start of Jan. I will do the gentle email next week and wish for the best...

We can only hope...

I applied for my partner visa at the beginning of June ahead of marrying in July. Other than supplying marriage certificate after wedding no requests for additional information and health & police checks ok. Seeing all the recent posts about processing time increasing I am now confused as to why things take so long is it

- that there is a monthly quota so everything is queued and queue is getting longer because of number of applications

Or

- that so much going on that things just taking longer to get done?

If it is workload related at what point is a decision made about whether or not the visa will be granted? (I did postal application since since I didn't spot that they had started to accept on-line applications after I had started preparing the application, so can't check status on-line). Does the fact that CO has given go-ahead for police/medical check without asking for any more evidence mean that actually the visa information has been processed and they have found that everything is in order and so it is a case of when not if the visa will be granted?

My wife has just returned to Sydney and gets back into her house tomorrow after current tenants move out. I have just got a new valid tourist visa and since I am retired I could rent my flat out in the New Year and head out to join her, with a trip to NZ when visa ready to be granted. However, don't really want to do this unless I am certain I will actually get the visa and there will be no last minute requests for extra information that would be difficult to provide if everything packed up waiting to be shipped.

If clear that everything is ok then I am getting tempted to arrange the move towards the end of February and hope that if I alert my CO at the beginning of February (i.e. end of my 8th month) that I am going on-shore and will need to arrange to go off-shore for the grant it may trigger an immediate grant to save them the hassle associated with co-ordinating grant with applicant making off-shore trip :-)

13 months is such a long time. That must be dreadful! I am lucky that my wife is here with me, but a ten month wait will make things really difficult for me as I have 2 weeks in Melbourne at the start of Jan. I will do the gentle email next week and wish for the best...

We can only hope...

my fingers are crossed for us all. Is there still march applicants waiting? It has been hard, I think more the closer i get lol. I'm gonna email my co in jan if still not granted. I wonder if waiting times increase if your co has a big work load

Who's your co ? Mines WP

Edited by Chloe Emerson

my fingers are crossed for us all. Is there still match applicants waiting? It has been hard, I think more so the closer i get lol. I'm gonna email my co in jan if still not granted. I wonder if waiting times increase if your co has a big work load

Who's your co ? Mines WP

I'm going to email mine next week. I suspect she won't bite though. Mine's RN.

My husbands visa was granted today. He got the 100 straight off. 8 months and 18 days for us. We emailed our CO last week as his Police clearance expires at the start of February and received a reply to say that the Visa would be granted this week or next week and true to her word it has arrived just now. We have flights booked for next month, our son has been enrolled in his new school and our boxes are here waiting to be packed so we best get on with it :)

My husbands visa was granted today. He got the 100 straight off. 8 months and 18 days for us. We emailed our CO last week as his Police clearance expires at the start of February and received a reply to say that the Visa would be granted this week or next week and true to her word it has arrived just now. We have flights booked for next month, our son has been enrolled in his new school and our boxes are here waiting to be packed so we best get on with it :)

That is great news! Congratulations!

Who is your CO?

I am a March applicant and still waiting. Its more frustrating not knowing exactly when it will be, but just have to be patient.

my fingers are crossed for us all. Is there still march applicants waiting? It has been hard, I think more the closer i get lol. I'm gonna email my co in jan if still not granted. I wonder if waiting times increase if your co has a big work load

Who's your co ? Mines WP

i signed up to post my timeline here cos it has been longer than most getting their grants (made me v nervous reading through the posts last week!). i applied 14th Feb and got accepted just now, 15th Dec. so 10 months and 1 day.

when i realised it was 10 months and a lot of guys on here recently were getting theirs accepted at 8months, I emailed my new CO, and lo and behold it arrives the next day. I have heard that happen before, I guess if they're ready to process it it gives them a prod?

also, if the information is useful to anyone, my husband theorised that ours may have taken longer since he had a couple of spent driving convictions, so maybe the checks for that took longer to come back.

i signed up to post my timeline here cos it has been longer than most getting their grants (made me v nervous reading through the posts last week!). i applied 14th Feb and got accepted just now, 15th Dec. so 10 months and 1 day.

when i realised it was 10 months and a lot of guys on here recently were getting theirs accepted at 8months, I emailed my new CO, and lo and behold it arrives the next day. I have heard that happen before, I guess if they're ready to process it it gives them a prod?

also, if the information is useful to anyone, my husband theorised that ours may have taken longer since he had a couple of spent driving convictions, so maybe the checks for that took longer to come back.

Congrats on the grant. That's the longest I've seen yet

I'm going to email mine next week. I suspect she won't bite though. Mine's RN.
Ronansmyth, just to let you know, we also had RN. As I'm sure you know she doesn't work many hours each week. We received an email at the very end of her work week saying that it's in the final stages of being processed and wanted to confirm that the entry date for the visa is acceptable. We said sure, but it still took another week to receive the visa. We didn't chase it like some people have though given our flights are at the 10.5 mark.

Ronansmyth, just to let you know, we also had RN. As I'm sure you know she doesn't work many hours each week. We received an email at the very end of her work week saying that it's in the final stages of being processed and wanted to confirm that the entry date for the visa is acceptable. We said sure, but it still took another week to receive the visa. We didn't chase it like some people have though given our flights are at the 10.5 mark.

Hi HelloAgain, yeah, I know about her hours. I have tried not to contact her during the wait (other than to send requested info). Seems like you will get yours really soon. How long was it from application to grant for you?

Edited by Ronansmyth

Hi HelloAgain, yeah, I know about her hours. I have tried not to contact her during the wait (other than to send requested info). Seems like you will get yours really soon. How long was it from application to grant for you?
As I wrote earlier, my OH received hers last week. 9 months and 6 days.

Today I had the call from Australia House and email confirmation that my visa has been granted. 8months 20days. Those still waiting good luck to you all and stay positive as I am sure you will hear very soon.

Edited by ALEX1

Today I had the call from Australia House and email confirmation that my visa has been granted. 8months 20days. Those still waiting good luck to you all and stay positive as I am sure you will hear very soon.

Congrats guys!!! Im so happy to see grants coming through.

We are still waiting at 8 months and 28 days and are really hoping for it to be through before christmas!! Our case officer is KC and our agent says shes been out of the office. Does anyone else have KC? Any grants from her?