SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

We were never given an email address, our contact form has the URL of the web contact form. We filled that in a couple of weeks ago for a change of address but got back nothing but the usual automatic reply that the request will be passed on to our CO.

Does anyone actually have experience with it taking longer than the 9 months? How long did it take in your case? If it takes more than about 2 weeks longer than 9 months then that would cause us problems.

We were never given an email address, our contact form has the URL of the web contact form. We filled that in a couple of weeks ago for a change of address but got back nothing but the usual automatic reply that the request will be passed on to our CO.

Does anyone actually have experience with it taking longer than the 9 months? How long did it take in your case? If it takes more than about 2 weeks longer than 9 months then that would cause us problems.

You could try this e-mail address familymigrationlondon at dfat.gov.au just remember to add your client ID in the title bar of the e-mail. I've always had a response using this address. I guess it's worth a try. Hopefully you will get your grant soon.

If you need to get over there before the visa is granted, it will have to be on Tourist visa but you MUST MUST let your CO know and also ask for acknowledgement of your email as if the TV is granted after the 309/100 it will cancel out the 309/100 and you will have to start again.

I remember reading someone waited for 11 months and that was when the processing time was 6-8 months, so it does happen but unfortunately no reasons are ever given and it does state clearly that processing times quoted are only guidelines and it might take longer.

We applied 18/2/2014 so are starting to get a bit nervous as it's now 2 days short of 9 months and we haven't heard anything, with no answer to our email enquiries and no useful info from the phone support line.

Did anyone find that it took *more* than the stated 9 months to get their visa?

We applied the 18/2/2014 too, and have heard nothing!

We applied the 18/2/2014 too, and have heard nothing!

OMG I thought they were bad enough with me.....My personal case is that I have been married to an Australian national for 13 years and we have two kids. I thought my case was quite straight forward.

Not sure why is taking so long for us, perhaps the further we have applied the longer it takes? Anyway good luck guys, may you get your visas very soon.

OMG I thought they were bad enough with me.....My personal case is that I have been married to an Australian national for 13 years and we have two kids. I thought my case was quite straight forward.

Not sure why is taking so long for us, perhaps the further we have applied the longer it takes? Anyway good luck guys, may you get your visas very soon.

Hopefully this week for you Grabri. I'm hoping this week too, my CO works on spouse visas on a Thursday/Friday, which will be 8 months 25/26 days for me.

Hi guys, Hope you're all well? Writing this from the Philippines decided to have a mini break here on the way. Our one way flight (KL-SYD) to Aussie gets in 24th Nov. Checked emails yesty and I have been granted my partner visa sub class 100! Wahoo! Looking forward to starting our married life (we were married August 15th in Sussex) in Strayaaaaa. Thanks to all for advice and helpful posts.

For those wondering, I launched a paper application 25th Feb in London. Recently notified a change of CO from SD to CF.

Good luck to everyone waiting, when you get you're grant it's the B E S T feeling! x

Edited by SamAdams

Hi,

I just received my VISA (309)!!! I managed to find my CO's email on an email she forward to the Europe Service Centre when I mailed them at the beginning of the month. Last night I sent her a reminder directly that I have been waiting for 9 months now and it worked. I received it this morning..... 9 months and 1 day :)

Hi,

I just received my VISA (309)!!! I managed to find my CO's email on an email she forward to the Europe Service Centre when I mailed them at the beginning of the month. Last night I sent her a reminder directly that I have been waiting for 9 months now and it worked. I received it this morning..... 9 months and 1 day :)

congratulations!!!!!!!!!! Who was your CO?

enjoy australia :))

Hi,

Congratulations, I am really happy for you! :)

Thanks Lee, maybe tomorrow is our lucky day? My co is VA, she has never made any contact except initial email to acknowledge and requested different documents. I have contacted them a few times but got usual answer. I'm thinking there are no problems it's just the timeframe is very long :(

Thanks Lee, maybe tomorrow is our lucky day? My co is VA, she has never made any contact except initial email to acknowledge and requested different documents. I have contacted them a few times but got usual answer. I'm thinking there are no problems it's just the timeframe is very long :(

Im sure you'll be fine Grabri, good luck for tomorrow. Hopefully you will get the golden e-mail :-). I'm ready to jump on the next flight, haha! I'm missing my wife and little boy terribly. I've got my fingers crossed for you.

Omg Lee, that's really sad! I Hope you get yours by Friday too so you can rejoin your family down under. Best of luck!!!!!

Thanks, Grabri! It's only been three weeks since they left. So not as long as others have been waiting to see their partners. Good luck for the rest of the February grants.