SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Blimey, just got a call from my CO! That was really quick, I only applied 2 days ago. I think it had something to do with me uploading most of my stuff straight away.

No medical stuff before 4th May for me, he quoted the usual 10-14 months but that hopefully it'd be within 12. Exciting!

Just got the VISA grant through now at 8months and 22 days! is 100 visa as well because we have been together for over 4 years also.

My OH sent and email to our CO yesterday morning so seems to have done the trick! what a relief I'm so happy its finally here!!

Great news Ellie! My partner just got his! 8 months 26 days! He got a 309 even though we have lived together for 3.5 years and have been in a relationship for 4.5 years (only living apart for the last 6 months due to this visa wait) but we can't complain as we will get to see each other in one weeks' time. Flight booked: Heathrow to Melbourne one way!!

Good luck to everyone else waiting for their visa or their partner's visa. I certainly empathise with everyone waiting!

Applied 309/100 defacto: 12th February 2014| CO assigned: 15th March| Medical complete: 27th May| Police check complete: 10th June| 309 visa granted 7th November 2014!

Edited by lillianne

Congrats EllieBS and lillianne!!

This week has turned out to be a good week in the way of grants!

February applicants, I hope you all receive your grants soon, and I would recommend sending off an email to enquire when you can expect an answer as the 9 month deadline is fast approaching!! It does seem to do the trick!

Hi All,

This forum looks really helpful. My timeline thus far is below.

Applied 309/100 defacto: 25th April 2014| CO assigned: 6th June| Medical complete: 30th April| Police check complete: 4th July| awaiting approval

Wishing you all the best of luck with your applications!

Good luck everyone it does happen, we have been in Brisbane a week and just a word of warning, everything is so expensive here and cars are really expensive at least 10000 dollars for a decent car, we bought an old banger for 1800 and it's pretty naff and people shout stuff at us so make sure you have funds for a car, also mobile phone. It's also really tough going places in the day time, like to the bank in the intense heat, even shopping, spent loads on yellow cabs. There is a free bus from the airport to a shopping centre, we went there to hang out after our flight. We went Singapore airlines, they weren't very strict about bags and hand luggage, we took play stations and loads of devices in suitcases and hand luggage. They didn't ask us to turn anything on. If anyone wants to know anything specific let me know, we landed on Friday and I started work on Monday, jet lag wasn't too bad either. I would advise also getting a house with a pool, good luck everyone your time will come soon enough xxxx

Blimey, just got a call from my CO! That was really quick, I only applied 2 days ago. I think it had something to do with me uploading most of my stuff straight away.

No medical stuff before 4th May for me, he quoted the usual 10-14 months but that hopefully it'd be within 12. Exciting!

Did your CO state that hopefully it'd be within 12, or is that something you're hoping for?

I'd be seriously happy if your CO actually mentioned that! Not knowing if the grant is going to be June 2015, October 2015 or somewhere between is a killer. ;)

Edited by cch

Did your CO state that hopefully it'd be within 12, or is that something you're hoping for?

I'd be seriously happy if your CO actually mentioned that! Not knowing if the grant is going to be June 2015, October 2015 or somewhere between is a killer. ;)

I forget exactly what he said now but he certainly hinted it would be closer to the 10 month than 14 month mark, but I guess we'll have to wait and see!

Hey All,

Its been a while since I lodged in, I wanted some advice on the next visa after our PMV 300.

We received our PMV subclass 3rd June 14, Wedding is 20th Feb 15.

I know we have 9 months to marry but do we have any additional time to prepare the next visa? Or do we have to marry and lodge next visa all within 9months?

Thanks

PlumBum

You need to marry and apply for your partner visa within 9 months as the PMV will expire 9 months after it was granted. Based on a grant date of June 3rd, your PMV would expire on March 3rd which is only 2 weeks after your wedding. That doesn't leave much time so hopefully you are living together and already gathering evidence to support a partner visa?

Edited by MaggieMay24

This is for the Returning Resident Visa - application submitted offshore in September 2014 in Melbourne, Australia.

I lodged app on Friday; had visa granted on the following Wednesday :) We paid priority service so it went to Canberra not the processing hub in Manilla.

You need some luck in this life...

Back to Blighty to wife and children in four weeks!

Oh I see - I like the picture Grabi - if only we could procure an enormous boat to tug Australia a bit closer to Pisa and Luca - that would be so good!

DavidCellist

Thanks David, I wish Italy was closer to Australia too. I'm excited about moving but dreading how distant, now living in the Uk I see my family back home 2-3 times a year. When in Oz probably every 2 years if I'm lucky. Let's hope that it will not be too unbearable....