SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Hi Alansuspect,

I'm being slightly premature here and just looking into the partner visa etc, am due to marry my Aussie fella in spring of 2016, what kind of items do they require? Is it bills in both names, joint bank accounts, photos? Cards etc to prove relationship?

Grant Received!!!

What a relief! So happy, 8 months & 21 days after application!!

29 days until we are standing back on Australia Soil and I can hug my family... Cannot Wait!!

:ssign19:

Excellent news :) 8 months 11 days so far for us ....

Hi Alansuspect,

I'm being slightly premature here and just looking into the partner visa etc, am due to marry my Aussie fella in spring of 2016, what kind of items do they require? Is it bills in both names, joint bank accounts, photos? Cards etc to prove relationship?

Hi @Lainey85, have a look here: http://www.immi.gov.au/Visas/Pages/309-100.aspx and make sure you read the Partner Migration booklet, that's pretty handy. It's hard for us as we don't really have anything jointly (no bills, leases or even bank accounts) so we're just using other stuff that shows we have both lived at the same address, etc. but if you have that stuff it will help. I'm going up upload a couple of photos but from what I've read they don't count for much. Basically anything that shows not just that you've known this person for however long you say but that you are actually in a relationship too.

We've been engaged since March this year but have been together just over 3.5 years so I'm hoping we have enough evidence, we just don't have the really obvious stuff so hopefully that won't hinder our application.

Edited by alansuspect

Grant Received!!!

What a relief! So happy, 8 months & 21 days after application!!

29 days until we are standing back on Australia Soil and I can hug my family... Cannot Wait!!

:ssign19:

Congratulations!!!

I was wondering if you could tell me what happens now, do you have to send your passport off to get stamped? Or do you just print off the email to show immigration?

Also do you have a certain time frame to enter the country?

Congratulations!!!

I was wondering if you could tell me what happens now, do you have to send your passport off to get stamped? Or do you just print off the email to show immigration?

Also do you have a certain time frame to enter the country?

Australian visas are electronic and no stamp is needed. Many people however find that having a label in their passport is worthwhile, particularly if they ever travel via out of the way airports that don't necessarily have access to the Australian VEVO system, some employers like to see a visa in your passport and I've heard that even some Australian government departments, banks etc are easier to deal with if you have a label. If you want a label though, there is now a charge of AUD$150 for the privilege.

Every visa grant letter includes your last entry date which will usually be 12 months from the date of your earliest PCC or medical. ALL visa holders MUST enter Australia by that date to validate their visa and if anyone fails to do so, their visa is lost. You only need to go through the immigration gates to validate and could catch the next plane out of the country if you wish.

Australian visas are electronic and no stamp is needed. Many people however find that having a label in their passport is worthwhile, particularly if they ever travel via out of the way airports that don't necessarily have access to the Australian VEVO system, some employers like to see a visa in your passport and I've heard that even some Australian government departments, banks etc are easier to deal with if you have a label. If you want a label though, there is now a charge of AUD$150 for the privilege.

Every visa grant letter includes your last entry date which will usually be 12 months from the date of your earliest PCC or medical. ALL visa holders MUST enter Australia by that date to validate their visa and if anyone fails to do so, their visa is lost. You only need to go through the immigration gates to validate and could catch the next plane out of the country if you wish.

Thanks so much, I had no idea!!

Is anyone still waiting for a grant that applied in February? Or are we on to march grants

Hi Chloe! Yeah I'm still waiting. I applied February 27th. So I'm at 8 months 9 days. My co only works on partner visas on a Thursday/Friday, so I'm hoping tomorrow for my grant. Looking at others though, it may not come until nearer the end of the month.

Hey Bec,

Who is your CO?

Thank You everyone!! I hope those feb applications that are still waiting will get theirs soon.

It is worth noting that we emailed our CO on Monday and recieved an email from him Tuesday afternoon saying he had approved the VISA that day, straight after the grant letter came through.

It is starting to seem like they are only granting when prompted by the applicant... IMHO

Ellie I had DP.

Thank You everyone!! I hope those feb applications that are still waiting will get theirs soon.

It is worth noting that we emailed our CO on Monday and recieved an email from him Tuesday afternoon saying he had approved the VISA that day, straight after the grant letter came through.

It is starting to seem like they are only granting when prompted by the applicant... IMHO

Ellie I had DP.

I keep hearing that. An email to remind seems to be triggering a grant in some cases

HI guys,

Just a quick question, how do you know if your case officer has received your Australian Police check? when I completed my application online the AFP said that they would sending it directly to my assigned case officer.

Just a bit concerned as I know that they don't provided any acknowledgement.

Cheers

We submitted 18th February but still no sign of the visa. I've noticed a lot of people here talk about emailing their CO - how did you get their email address? The contacts sheet we were given lists the 'email' contact as the contact form on the website. We filled this out a few days ago due to an address change but have heard nothing back, not even a confirmation.

We submitted 18th February but still no sign of the visa. I've noticed a lot of people here talk about emailing their CO - how did you get their email address? The contacts sheet we were given lists the 'email' contact as the contact form on the website. We filled this out a few days ago due to an address change but have heard nothing back, not even a confirmation.

My co emails me from her own address. So I use that to contact her. I've heard they have stopped giving them out now and you just have to use the general email

I am new to this but my partner applied for his visa on the 12th Feb 2014, CO assigned 15th March, Medical done 27th May, police check on June 10th and he is still waiting. Is anyone else still waiting from the 12th Feb? It is killing us! He has already missed out on one job opportunity as the visa has taken to long! Emailed the CO a few weeks back and got a reponse from a different guy called Luis saying our CO was away. Also does anyone know if we have been together for 4 years, will my partner automatically get a 100 visa? I haven't seen him for 6 months and it is driving us mad all this waiting!!

I am new to this but my partner applied for his visa on the 12th Feb 2014, CO assigned 15th March, Medical done 27th May, police check on June 10th and he is still waiting. Is anyone else still waiting from the 12th Feb? It is killing us! He has already missed out on one job opportunity as the visa has taken to long! Emailed the CO a few weeks back and got a reponse from a different guy called Luis saying our CO was away. Also does anyone know if we have been together for 4 years, will my partner automatically get a 100 visa? I haven't seen him for 6 months and it is driving us mad all this waiting!!

Just got the VISA grant through now at 8months and 22 days! is 100 visa as well because we have been together for over 4 years also.

My OH sent and email to our CO yesterday morning so seems to have done the trick! what a relief I'm so happy its finally here!!

Edited by EllieBS

Just got the VISA grant through now at 8months and 22 days! is 100 visa as well because we have been together for over 4 years also.

My OH sent and email to our CO yesterday morning so seems to have done the trick! what a relief I'm so happy its finally here!!

Congratulations Ellie, great news.