SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Received an email from Thailand, confirming they sent my application to Canberra 4 weeks ago

so my off shore visa has gone to Australia ARGHHH

and i can't seem to find an email for immigration in oz, anybody know if they have an email?

:):):) Received the email on Friday (4th October) telling me to arrange my travel to depart Australia so my visa can be granted....6 months and 3 weeks from date of application...woohoo.

Departing for Vanuatu on 12th November...so visa grant will be 8 months...

Those visas do come, even if they feel like forever! SO HAPPY :)

:):):) Received the email on Friday (4th October) telling me to arrange my travel to depart Australia so my visa can be granted....6 months and 3 weeks from date of application...woohoo.

Awesome news! Who was your case officer? And which date did you apply? Im on here everyday checking lol, 4th April mine was picked up by London :)

Those on here who went early to Aus on a tourist visa could you please give me advice on what/how you informed your CO? I am looking to go in January due to a change in circumstances. I know they can't give you permission to enter early so it's just a matter of informing them of your plans right? Thanks for any advice x

Those on here who went early to Aus on a tourist visa could you please give me advice on what/how you informed your CO? I am looking to go in January due to a change in circumstances. I know they can't give you permission to enter early so it's just a matter of informing them of your plans right? Thanks for any advice x

I emailed my CO to let them know of my plans.

My CO advised me to apply and ensure the tourist visa was granted before booking and paying for flights. Sometimes, sometimes a tourist visa isn't granted and then you'd have list your flight money.

Eta - was then to ensure they could still contact me to arrange my going offshore for grant.

Edited by Guest

Congrats! Thanks for updating us. For those of us who have been advised the wait will be 8-9 months it's really great to see the official processing time on the immigration website has now been changed to 5-6 months and the fact you guys are getting them processed faster hopefully means we will all be on our way sooner than anticipated! :biggrin:

Congrats! Thanks for updating us. For those of us who have been advised the wait will be 8-9 months it's really great to see the official processing time on the immigration website has now been changed to 5-6 months and the fact you guys are getting them processed faster hopefully means we will all be on our way sooner than anticipated! :biggrin:

Which website are you referring to? The immi.gov.au gives a generic 5 months for partner visas in low risk countries outside Australia which hasn't been updated in a long time. The australian embassy uk website quotes 8 to 9 months as we've been advised...

Which website are you referring to? The immi.gov.au gives a generic 5 months for partner visas in low risk countries outside Australia which hasn't been updated in a long time. The australian embassy uk website quotes 8 to 9 months as we've been advised...

Oh really? my bad. The spreadsheet does show times are getting shorter lately, so I am still optimistic of getting it under 8 months.

Oh really? my bad. The spreadsheet does show times are getting shorter lately, so I am still optimistic of getting it under 8 months.

True, there have been a few at the seven month mark recently. Would be nice! But I leave just after the 8 month mark so a bit of time to spare hopefully!

Hi there... My fiance and I applied for the PMV last week; we have been together in the UK for the last 3 years but my fiance (Australian) returned to OZ few months back due to work commitments and we decided to apply for the PMV. He used an Aussie agent in Queensland for our application and they couriered all the docs to Australia House (London) for processing! I thought it was such a waste of time with them couriering stuff all the way from OZ when it would have taken just a day if I posted them from Cardiff! But the agents know best I guess!

Anyway, dreading the long wait now, very difficult for both of us being apart since last 4 months :-( ... This forum is really helpful and I have been following it since last few weeks; it's great to read some people are going through the same process at the same time.

Has anyone else been granted this week? I applied on the 12th March so have just reached the 7 month mark and still waiting. Here's hoping for a grant soon. The wait is excruciatingly long......

hhayes89 applied in March and has got their visa, although the spreadsheet has not been updated yet. You must be next! :)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aopvk3Y5mD7HdGp5V2hESFluN3V0QWNBTDg2TWJoLVE#gid=0

Prospective marriage visa granted! I finally get to see my fiancé after 7 months apart :D

Case officer was VF, submitted 28/03/13, granted 11/10/2013

Good luck everyone! :)

Great news! Congrats Arees23!! I know how difficult it is being apart... we are apart since last 4 months and as you can see it's 2:30 am here and I am online.. actually Skyping with my fiance in Oz (his Saturday morning)!! :-)

Good luck with the move and have a great life ahead!!! xx

OH had medical today, extra £20 for urine analysis! Also waiting for detailed medical history from GP. I'm now expecting 3 month referral :(

Reckon ours will take the full 9 months.

Dont panic too much i was worried too about an extra 3 month wait as i also was asked for extra information from my gp.

Everything was straight forward actually. Gp done letter that cost £25!! I faxed it to the medical place and 2 days later my co had it.

I just sent a polite email to her basically asking if they had been recieved and if she could tell me if im likely to get held up in any way.

She simply emailed back and said they have been recieved can i have ur police checks please.

I saw that as good really. I know they cant say much but was good enough for me!

Fingers crossed ur be fine x

Prospective marriage visa granted! I finally get to see my fiancé after 7 months apart :D

Case officer was VF, submitted 28/03/13, granted 11/10/2013

Good luck everyone! :)

Congratulations! This is such good news..I applied 2months after you with VF so Im hoping im only a couple of months behind you. Good luck with everything :)

Woohoo! my partner and I have just been granted the Subclass 100 visa! So excited, we can now get all the planning underway. We applied from the visa on the 12th March and we had DP as the case officer. We are leaving London on the 25th November to go travelling around Thailand for 3 weeks and then will arrive in Sydney just in time for Christmas and the new year :)

Good luck everyone on your applications!!!